Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea in Premier league great for Wales

Sun May 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Silly local rivalary aside its great for Wales and Welsh football Swansea are continuing their run in the Premier league.

They put Wales on the worldwide stage in the biggest league in the world which any true Welsh sports fan should be proud of.

It's a shame we can not match them but sometimes in life you have to accept being 2nd best.

Re: Swansea in Premier league great for Wales

Sun May 14, 2017 6:40 pm

No f**k off.

Sun May 14, 2017 6:50 pm

londonexile wrote:Silly local rivalary aside its great for Wales and Welsh football Swansea are continuing their run in the Premier league.

They put Wales on the worldwide stage in the biggest league in the world which any true Welsh sports fan should be proud of.

It's a shame we can not match them but sometimes in life you have to accept being 2nd best.

What total bollocks. It's not great for Wales. Wales needs a club in the north in the league. Sadly because certain teams used Cva to avoid paying debts Wrexham ended up losing their league status. How any true ccfc can want those parasites in the prem league is beyond me.

Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
londonexile wrote:Silly local rivalary aside its great for Wales and Welsh football Swansea are continuing their run in the Premier league.

What total bollocks. It's not great for Wales. Wales needs a club in the north in the league. Sadly because certain teams used Cva to avoid paying debts Wrexham ended up losing their league status. How any true ccfc can want those parasites in the prem league is beyond me.

:laughing6: you won't be going hungry judging by that massive chip you have donned across your shoulder

Sun May 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:No f**k off.

your best post ever.

Sun May 14, 2017 7:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:No f**k off.

your best post ever.

Uh no f**k off. :laughing6:

Sun May 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Now that they have just survived, the rat boys are crawling out of the holes they've hid in all season. I look forward to see them squirming again next season and laughing at the comedy on Planet White Sox. Tick Tock.

Sun May 14, 2017 7:36 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Now that they have just survived, the rat boys are crawling out of the holes they've hid in all season. I look forward to see them squirming again next season and laughing at the comedy on Planet White Sox. Tick Tock.

:laughing6:

Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 pm

This is obviously a wind-up.

Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 pm

It's great for the city of Swansea and that's it.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Spanish Town FC does nothing for Wales being in the prem, they got rid of all the Welsh players and are shipping in foreign aid, the only thing Swansea care about are themselves, the sooner they go down the better it will happen eventually and we will be waiting ready to take the piss wen their glory fans fuk off and their tiny stadium is empty again.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:21 pm

DreamWelsh wrote:Spanish Town FC does nothing for Wales being in the prem, they got rid of all the Welsh players and are shipping in foreign aid, the only thing Swansea care about are themselves, the sooner they go down the better it will happen eventually and we will be waiting ready to take the piss wen their glory fans fuk off and their tiny stadium is empty again.

:lol: quite the hint of lemon in that post

Sun May 14, 2017 9:39 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
DreamWelsh wrote:Spanish Town FC does nothing for Wales being in the prem, they got rid of all the Welsh players and are shipping in foreign aid, the only thing Swansea care about are themselves, the sooner they go down the better it will happen eventually and we will be waiting ready to take the piss wen their glory fans fuk off and their tiny stadium is empty again.

:lol: quite the hint of lemon in that post

Do one roathie.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:48 pm

That's a good one. :D

Mon May 15, 2017 8:00 am

SnackaJack wrote:That's a good one. :D

f**k off wierdo get back in your box you gimp

Mon May 15, 2017 9:00 am

wez1927 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:That's a good one. :D

f**k off wierdo get back in your box you gimp

The drunk uncle at a party is off again, "Quieten down uncle wez, bedtime soon" :lol:

Mon May 15, 2017 9:26 am

I know there are many on here who were willing them to drop, and I suppose that I was looking forward to the possibility of the local derby, but heyho, they survived just, the old saying is the table does not lie at the end of the season. I dont think its so much that Swansea stayed up it was more of the case that Hull imploded big time at the end.

Two weeks ago Jacks themselves were all but resigned to going down, but they have got out of jail, they need to invest big time this Summer otherwise they will be the next Sunderland.

All we need to concern ourselves with is the Neil Warnock inspired push for the promised land by :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :occasion5:

Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 am

Whistler wrote:I dont think its so much that Swansea stayed up it was more of the case that Hull imploded big time at the end.

Beat WBA at home next week and we will have 41 points. That has nothing to do with Hull imploding, that is a figure that will see you survive every Premier League season since it's 20 team format inception.

Mon May 15, 2017 10:38 am

As hard as it is to admit, the better they are doing can only have a positive impact on the National Side, same goes for all the Welsh Clubs, we need them all playing at as high a level as possible earning as much cash as possible, that can only be a positive thing providing they invest in the development of the kids for the future good.

Collins, Gunter, Ramsey, Ledley through us and Davies, Richards, Taylor, Allen and I know he didn't come through them but they gave Williams his break through them has benefited the National Side hugely, I'm not saying those lads would not have come through anyway but what sort of start would they have had or even been lost if we were both still rattling around in the bottom divisions.

Mon May 15, 2017 11:40 am

Load of rubbish mate.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:19 pm

RV Casual wrote:As hard as it is to admit, the better they are doing can only have a positive impact on the National Side, same goes for all the Welsh Clubs, we need them all playing at as high a level as possible earning as much cash as possible, that can only be a positive thing providing they invest in the development of the kids for the future good.

Collins, Gunter, Ramsey, Ledley through us and Davies, Richards, Taylor, Allen and I know he didn't come through them but they gave Williams his break through them has benefited the National Side hugely, I'm not saying those lads would not have come through anyway but what sort of start would they have had or even been lost if we were both still rattling around in the bottom divisions.

Absolutely. I dont think we would have got as far as we did in the Euros if we hadnt got promoted all those years ago. The experience and big match exposure the likes of Williams, Davies, Allen and Taylor had as a result helped them all immensely. Now with the state of the art training facility and top class youth academy with Premier league standard coaching, it can only have a positive impact in years to come when the next wave of youngsters come through.

Mon May 15, 2017 4:20 pm

If we get back in the premier league idont think the jacks will be saying it's good for Welsh football .loads of jacks where saying how rubbish they where this season and where not going to renew there St because they had enough my brother works in the dvla he was saying that they where already to put there liverpool shirts back on :lol: how can you moan about being in the pl.all of a sudden know they are world beaters again I think paul Clements will be sacked by Christmas if they don't get off to a good start next season

Mon May 15, 2017 4:22 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:If we get back in the premier league idont think the jacks will be saying it's good for Welsh football .loads of jacks where saying how rubbish they where this season and where not going to renew there St because they had enough my brother works in the dvla he was saying that they where already to put there liverpool shirts back on :lol: how can you moan about being in the pl.all of a sudden know they are world beaters again I think paul Clements will be sacked by Christmas if they don't get off to a good start next season

Well I doubt the vast majority of that is true to be blunt. 700 didnt renew and were snapped up within hours. :D

If you ever do manage to come up again, of course it will be good for Welsh football, especially if you invest in the academy and coaching as we have. It can only benefit the international side having our teams play top level football.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:02 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:If we get back in the premier league idont think the jacks will be saying it's good for Welsh football .loads of jacks where saying how rubbish they where this season and where not going to renew there St because they had enough my brother works in the dvla he was saying that they where already to put there liverpool shirts back on :lol: how can you moan about being in the pl.all of a sudden know they are world beaters again I think paul Clements will be sacked by Christmas if they don't get off to a good start next season

Well I doubt the vast majority of that is true to be blunt. 700 didnt renew and were snapped up within hours. :D

If you ever do manage to come up again, of course it will be good for Welsh football, especially if you invest in the academy and coaching as we have. It can only benefit the international side having our teams play top level football.

i always believed the higher in the leagues our teams were,the more our national team would benefit too . but reality is 5 Swansea players,3 Cardiff players. in the under 20s national squad. not great considering the millions both clubs have thrown at academy football and the intoduction of the 1 hour rule about 10/12 years ago. and not that different to the make up of national squads over the years.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:10 pm

dogfound wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

i always believed the higher in the leagues our teams were,the more our national team would benefit too . but reality is 5 Swansea players,3 Cardiff players. in the under 20s national squad. not great considering the millions both clubs have thrown at academy football and the intoduction of the 1 hour rule about 10/12 years ago. and not that different to the make up of national squads over the years.

Since Swansea's Academy has gained category 1 status I believe that the 1 hour rule no longer applies , there's a lot of Welsh born U23's there who have just finished a double winning season so perhaps in a couple more years the senior squad may benefit

Tue May 16, 2017 7:36 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

700 didn't renew hey ! Fuk me imagine if Swansea got relegated you could times that figure by 15.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Since Swansea's Academy has gained category 1 status I believe that the 1 hour rule no longer applies , there's a lot of Welsh born U23's there who have just finished a double winning season so perhaps in a couple more years the senior squad may benefit

the 1 hour rule should have been a huge benefit.giving our 3 league clubs almost a monopoly in south Wales
i dont get the no longer applies bit re cat1 tbh. it was introduced to prevent childen being pushed to hard by exesive travelling..not argueing,just it makes little sense.

Tue May 16, 2017 8:54 pm

DreamWelsh wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

700 didn't renew hey ! Fuk me imagine if Swansea got relegated you could times that figure by 15.

It would have been exactly the same. The renewal date is the renewal date, regardless of what happens in the future.

Tue May 16, 2017 11:01 pm

Obsessed. :sleepy2:

This looks like it could be worth a look though - is it local?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... 017/final/

Wed May 17, 2017 6:43 am

murphy wrote:It's great for the city of Swansea and that's it.

What would be great for Swansea, in particular the Council Tax payers, would be if the squatters got around to paying the fecking rent.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: