Swansea in Premier league great for Wales

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea in Premier league great for Wales

Postby SnackaJack » Wed May 17, 2017 7:31 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Obsessed. :sleepy2:

This looks like it could be worth a look though - is it local?

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... 017/final/

Aye, just over half an hour away from Swansea. Should be good.
SnackaJack

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Fusilier52 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:33 pm

dogfound wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:If we get back in the premier league idont think the jacks will be saying it's good for Welsh football .loads of jacks where saying how rubbish they where this season and where not going to renew there St because they had enough my brother works in the dvla he was saying that they where already to put there liverpool shirts back on :lol: how can you moan about being in the pl.all of a sudden know they are world beaters again I think paul Clements will be sacked by Christmas if they don't get off to a good start next season

Well I doubt the vast majority of that is true to be blunt. 700 didnt renew and were snapped up within hours. :D

If you ever do manage to come up again, of course it will be good for Welsh football, especially if you invest in the academy and coaching as we have. It can only benefit the international side having our teams play top level football.

i always believed the higher in the leagues our teams were,the more our national team would benefit too . but reality is 5 Swansea players,3 Cardiff players. in the under 20s national squad. not great considering the millions both clubs have thrown at academy football and the intoduction of the 1 hour rule about 10/12 years ago. and not that different to the make up of national squads over the years.

Thats altered by further additions :

Swansea City youngsters Aaron Lewis and Keiran Evans have been added to Wales’ 20-man squad for this month’s Toulon Tournament.
The Swans duo join Liam Cullen, Daniel James, Lewis Thomas, Joe Rodon and Jack Evans, taking Swansea's tally of players in Rob Page’s Wales squad to seven.
Brighton’s Jordan Davies has also been added to the under-21 squad with Rhys Norrington-Davies, Mitchell Clark and David Brooks all withdrawing from the squad earlier this week.
Wales face hosts France in their opening game on May 30, before further group games against Bahrain (June 2) and Ivory Coast (June 5).
Fusilier52

Previous

Return to General Chat