Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' No 1 Priority for Neil Warnock '

Mon May 15, 2017 5:44 am

' No 1 Priority for Neil Warnock '

By Paul Abbadanato

Monday 15th May 2017

GOALKEEPER

Statement of the obvious this one, but a new number one is required to take over from Allan McGregor who returns to Hull. He could even be sold by the Tigers to Aston Villa, who are expected to mount a top two challenge next season

The deal with Warnock's new keeper is thought to have been already agreed behind the scenes.

His former Rotherham number one Lee Camp is one obvious target, with Warnock also having spoken to Walsall about Neil Etheridge.

Bluebirds fans would covet the return of David Marshall, or the capture of Wales keeper Wayne Hennessey from Crystal Palace.

But given the budget constraints Warnock is working within, Camp appears a more likely option.

Lee Camp's shot-stopping expertise appeals to Warnock and is now available as a free agent,plus they have worked together before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' No 1 Priority for Neil Warnock '

Mon May 15, 2017 5:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=184461&hilit=lee+camp :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Agree that a keeper is the key 1st signing - or where we need to spend some money.

Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 pm

I just feel that Lee Camp would be an underwhelming signing if we're trying to achieve promotion. He couldn't achieve it when he was part of a good Forest squad in the prime of his career. What makes you think that he can achieve it in this squad at this age?

Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:I just feel that Lee Camp would be an underwhelming signing if we're trying to achieve promotion. He couldn't achieve it when he was part of a good Forest squad in the prime of his career. What makes you think that he can achieve it in this squad at this age?

Don't want him here to be honest - But if NW thinks he can do a job here - Carry On ;)

Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:I just feel that Lee Camp would be an underwhelming signing if we're trying to achieve promotion. He couldn't achieve it when he was part of a good Forest squad in the prime of his career. What makes you think that he can achieve it in this squad at this age?

Don't want him here to be honest - But if NW thinks he can do a job here - Carry On ;)

If he was to come as a back up goalkeeper then I'd say he'd do a good job, especially in comparison to our recent back up keepers (Moore, Amos, Wilson etc.) but we have got to sign better goalkeepers if we want a no.1 good enough for taking us up