Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Striker not wanted by City? So another Striker Wanted "

Mon May 15, 2017 7:35 am

A proven striker is what Neil Warnock wants.

By Paul Abbadanato

Monday 15th May 2017

This is the third pivotal position where Warnock definitely plans to strengthen, although Kenneth Zohore, of course, will be first pick next season.

Warnock is targeting a proven Championship striker whose name we will recognise and who could plunder goals next to Zohore.

The manager feels he needs more strength in depth in this area and, given the nature of the beast, this is where the bulk of Warnock's summer spending could go.

Idriss Saadi has smashed 14 goals for Kortrijk in Belgium this season, but he doesn't fit the bill of the recognised proven scorer Warnock is going after as Saadi is not a proven Championship striker.

Saadi is still a Cardiff City player, but it is uncertain whether he will be returning to Cardiff City.

This capture could prove the key to whether Cardiff go up or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Striker not wanted by City? So another Striker Wanted

Mon May 15, 2017 8:29 am

Warnock knows a lot more than me but I'd say there's something about Saadi. I'd like to see him given a chance even if it's just training with us in pre-season and a couple of friendly matches. If not, well, wish him all the best.

Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 am

Saadi has said in Belgium he doesn't want to come back. Get some money for him, and move on.

In his last season in Belgium, Fred scored 13 in 28. Saadi has got 14 in 29. Let's not get too excited.

Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Hope there is a slight chance he could come back I mean corrr look at those beefy legs. :love4:

Tue May 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope there is a slight chance he could come back I mean corrr look at those beefy legs. :love4:

what about a cheeky bid for Darren BENT ?
you could buy next years kit with his name on it ?

Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope there is a slight chance he could come back I mean corrr look at those beefy legs. :love4:

what about a cheeky bid for Darren BENT ?
you could buy next years kit with his name on it ?

Nah his legs are not beefy enough. :lol:

Tue May 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Personally I would get some money for Idriss and invest it into another striker that's proven in the championship

Tue May 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Calling a striker unproven in the championship when he hasn't been given a chance in it, people get paid to write this s**t.