Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Money Trees

Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 am

I see the Labour party are promising to spend another 35 billion pounds on the NHS,my God how many money Trees do they Have?,the Labour party really do believe in the economics of the madhouse

Re: Money Trees

Mon May 15, 2017 11:42 am

angelis1949 wrote:I see the Labour party are promising to spend another 35 billion pounds on the NHS,my God how many money Trees do they Have?,the Labour party really do believe in the economics of the madhouse

You conveniently forgot that figure is over the term of the next parliament.And then,when you look at the Tories borrowing forcast it kinda put your figure into perspective.

But hey-ho all your right wing buddies will be along in a minute with their Daily Mail half stories to support you because this sort of shite gives them a hard-on.

Mon May 15, 2017 11:47 am

end of the day. their all makingg promises they cant and wont keep no matter who you vote for

Mon May 15, 2017 11:47 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I see the Labour party are promising to spend another 35 billion pounds on the NHS,my God how many money Trees do they Have?,the Labour party really do believe in the economics of the madhouse

You conveniently forgot that figure is over the term of the next parliament.And then,when you look at the Tories borrowing forcast it kinda put your figure into perspective.

But hey-ho all your right wing buddies will be along in a minute with their Daily Mail half stories to support you because this sort of shite gives them a hard-on.

And I'm sure you're Trotsky friends and your Marxist friends will defend comrade Corbyn to the hilt

Mon May 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Double G wrote:end of the day. their all makingg promises they cant and wont keep no matter who you vote for

The Labour and Liberal parties can promise the world because they both know their never going to be in power to implement those promises

Mon May 15, 2017 12:08 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Double G wrote:end of the day. their all makingg promises they cant and wont keep no matter who you vote for

The Labour and Liberal parties can promise the world because they both know their never going to be in power to implement those promises

True ,tax rises under labour will hit the working man and ruin the economy

Mon May 15, 2017 12:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Keep up Wez,unless you earn over 80k you'll be fine.And actually your paying more tax under this govm than you did under the last Lab gov.The national debt is bigger too which means we'll need more low paid immagrants to do the work.But at least the food banks are thriving now under the Tories with one spokesman saying we haven't seen this level of poverty since the 1930's.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Wrong, they're the only party to pledge no tax rises for any household earning under £80K. Unless you believe the working man constitutes everyone earning over £80K then the facts don't back up your argument based on the manifesto's of both parties.

If you are questionning whether higher taxes of the rich stunt growth; well the current system appears to be stunting/limiting growth below their own predictions so the Tory approach isn't working either !!

Tories haven't made a similar pledge because they think they may have to to ensure they can look after the top earners over and above £80K.

Now you may claim that Labour are lying and you would be entitled to your opinion, however, Tories could be open to similar accusations so we can only base our decisions on what the party's are telling us they are going to do.

Mon May 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

think its about time Labour stopped using the NHS as its main political stick.
BOTH parties struggle to keep up with NHS demands with an ever increasing population who live longer and very often live longer with allsorts of on going medical problems on one hand and advances in medical care whether it be drugs or new procedures on the other.
truth be told there isnt enough money in the world to fund it properly

Mon May 15, 2017 2:32 pm

We all know that ALL politicians "bend the truth". After all, how much did Farrage pretend would be spent on the NHS every single week once the country voted to leave the European Economic Union?

Mon May 15, 2017 3:36 pm

McNaughtyButNice wrote:We all know that ALL politicians "bend the truth". After all, how much did Farrage pretend would be spent on the NHS every single week once the country voted to leave the European Economic Union?

Farage is not prime minister,or a minister,or an MP or even a member of the tory party. so not sure what you read or heard ,but think you misread or misheard.
besides we are not out of Europe yet.

Mon May 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Iv'e never been so gutted clicking on a thread thought this was finally a possibility that money could grow on trees. :lol:

Mon May 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Iv'e never been so gutted clicking on a thread thought this was finally a possibility that money could grow on trees. :lol:

i thought it was a get rich quick scheme like Hearts

Mon May 15, 2017 3:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Iv'e never been so gutted clicking on a thread thought this was finally a possibility that money could grow on trees. :lol:

i thought it was a get rich quick scheme like Hearts

Back to the day jobs unfortunately.

Mon May 15, 2017 4:44 pm

For a minute I thought it meant Vinnie was going to open his cheque book! :roll:

Mon May 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Keep up Wez,unless you earn over 80k you'll be fine.And actually your paying more tax under this govm than you did under the last Lab gov.The national debt is bigger too which means we'll need more low paid immagrants to do the work.But at least the food banks are thriving now under the Tories with one spokesman saying we haven't seen this level of poverty since the 1930's.

Are you that daft ? Corperation tax is being put up from standard 19%to 26% im a working man with a ltd company this will effect anyone who is ltd ie tbe working man

Mon May 15, 2017 5:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Are you that daft ? Corperation tax is being put up from standard 19%to 26% im a working man with a ltd company this will effect anyone who is ltd ie tbe working man

A company must pay corporation tax on profits greater than 300K.Surely though, you would have to admit thats hardly your average working mans problem is it. :lol:

Mon May 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

A company must pay corporation tax on profits greater than 300K.Surely though, you would have to admit thats hardly your average working mans problem is it. :lol:

Thats bullshit you pay corperation tax on any profits from your first pound , labour want to increase the standard rate which is 19% to 26% this will have an impact on everyone

Mon May 15, 2017 5:22 pm

2017 table
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Woops my bad.Your right I was only guessing.Still doesn't make any difference to your average working man.

Mon May 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Woops my bad.Your right I was only guessing.Still doesn't make any difference to your average working man.

Of course it does ,most of my friends are ltd not earning big money this will effect them ,it will definitely push small business prices up

Mon May 15, 2017 11:20 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Wrong, they're the only party to pledge no tax rises for any household earning under £80K. Unless you believe the working man constitutes everyone earning over £80K then the facts don't back up your argument based on the manifesto's of both parties.

If you are questionning whether higher taxes of the rich stunt growth; well the current system appears to be stunting/limiting growth below their own predictions so the Tory approach isn't working either !!

Tories haven't made a similar pledge because they think they may have to to ensure they can look after the top earners over and above £80K.

Now you may claim that Labour are lying and you would be entitled to your opinion, however, Tories could be open to similar accusations so we can only base our decisions on what the party's are telling us they are going to do.

In fairness all depends where you live 80K goes a lot further in Wales or the North than it does in London.

Mon May 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Woops my bad.Your right I was only guessing.Still doesn't make any difference to your average working man.

But it puts less incentive for the average working man to go out on his own and build his own business.

How can putting up barriers to entrepeneurship be a good thing for an economy? Small busineses should be incentivised not punished

Tue May 16, 2017 6:19 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

But it puts less incentive for the average working man to go out on his own and build his own business.

How can putting up barriers to entrepeneurship be a good thing for an economy? Small busineses should be incentivised not punished

Dunno about you but paying tax on 300k profit is a problem I'd love to have.Still you gotta make up for all these mega rich companies that evade paying this tax,the kind of entrepreneurship that hurts us all.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Dunno about you but paying tax on 300k profit is a problem I'd love to have.Still you gotta make up for all these mega rich companies that evade paying this tax,the kind of entrepreneurship that hurts us all.

That is the real issue. I pay corporation tax on profits of rather less than £100,000 which is a fair chunk to a small business and hits my chance to invest further in my business which it really needs now that my biggest market is going to be snatched away from me against my will. Google and its ilk have got away with it for far too long and have cost the country billions in lost finances that could have been invested into public services if only we had a government strong enough to take them on. Instead they encourage the UK to be some sort of tax avoidance haven for big business, agreeing deals only when they have to. I don't agree with a rise in corporation tax for all businesses across the board, and like income tax there should be bands depending on your profit level. I have no political allegiance and am a floating voter but these Tories are far from being the champions of the people they are making themselves out to be. That may only become clear once the election is done and dusted, but hopefully those in opposition from all parties will ensure they don't get in.

Tue May 16, 2017 9:27 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

That is the real issue. I pay corporation tax on profits of rather less than £100,000 which is a fair chunk to a small business and hits my chance to invest further in my business which it really needs now that my biggest market is going to be snatched away from me against my will. Google and its ilk have got away with it for far too long and have cost the country billions in lost finances that could have been invested into public services if only we had a government strong enough to take them on. Instead they encourage the UK to be some sort of tax avoidance haven for big business, agreeing deals only when they have to. I don't agree with a rise in corporation tax for all businesses across the board, and like income tax there should be bands depending on your profit level. I have no political allegiance and am a floating voter but these Tories are far from being the champions of the people they are making themselves out to be. That may only become clear once the election is done and dusted, but hopefully those in opposition from all parties will ensure they don't get in.

I have some sympathy for your position.Its always the corporate giants that get away with it and the small man that has to pay.The banks screwed up,the working class pay and are still paying,We refinance them they won't lend money to our children to get a foot on the home owning ladder.For me big business' conscience revolves around shareholders divi dents and the best gov subsidies and when they go these big companies will go too,but you can't tell some of the muppets on here all you have to do is hit em with a few slogans like "taking back our country" and "ban all immigrants" or "an extra 38 million pw for the nhs" and they are eating out of the palm of your hand.I am a floating voter and I haven't made up my mind yet but least when I do make up my mind at least it will be an informed decision. and not being swayed by soundbites or halftruths.

Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 am

Over taxing small businesses absolutely has an effect on the working man. How can it not?? It could force the closure of a business. It could mean that small business can not employ as many people as it needs/wants to. Restrict its growth so they can not reinvest as much. What about the knock of effects??

The cleaning firm contracted in is ditched to keep more in house so another firm gets less income. There are massive knock on consequences by hitting small business and and all eventually filter down to the working man. To be a working man (or woman, sorry ladies) you have to be working. If you curtail the jobs that gets a lot harder!!!

Tue May 16, 2017 10:15 am

welshrarebit wrote:Over taxing small businesses absolutely has an effect on the working man. How can it not?? It could force the closure of a business. It could mean that small business can not employ as many people as it needs/wants to. Restrict its growth so they can not reinvest as much. What about the knock of effects??

The cleaning firm contracted in is ditched to keep more in house so another firm gets less income. There are massive knock on consequences by hitting small business and and all eventually filter down to the working man. To be a working man (or woman, sorry ladies) you have to be working. If you curtail the jobs that gets a lot harder!!!

Overtaxing anyone will hurt but I was on about overtaxing profit.Not quite the same thing.And any company's loyalty is to their company shareholders dividends not to the workforce.Extortionate bussiness rates do more to harm small companies.

Tue May 16, 2017 10:16 am

welshrarebit wrote:Over taxing small businesses absolutely has an effect on the working man. How can it not?? It could force the closure of a business. It could mean that small business can not employ as many people as it needs/wants to. Restrict its growth so they can not reinvest as much. What about the knock of effects??

Totally agree labour has a history of destroying the economy we need growth especially with brexit ,labours taxation plans with srice larger companies away and hit rhe working man

Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Overtaxing anyone will hurt but I was on about overtaxing profit.Not quite the same thing.And any company's loyalty is to their company shareholders dividends not to the workforce.Extortionate bussiness rates do more to harm small companies.

Your having a right mare on this thread :lol: just wondering are you self employed ?