Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Money Trees

Tue May 16, 2017 10:22 am

But it's the over taxation of the profits that's the problem. Where else does the reinvestment come from?? If you do not make enough profit you can not grow. If you can not grow you can not create more employment opportunities for others. Maintenance people. Sales people wanting to sell you their products. Manufacturers of those products. Builders for your extensions. Electricians. All the other people that can also not grow because their customers are hindered. It's exactly the profits that drive this growth. Also on a personal level, many small businesses owned by a self employed person absolutely rely on profits because that's the owners income! If a company made no profit the owner gets no income. The owner closes up. Everyone loses out. I absolutely want people treated fairly but I can't see why it's so hard to see that over taxing business is dangerous and often counter productive.

Tue May 16, 2017 10:28 am

New comedy show on TV right now,yes you guess right,it's the official unveiling of the Labour party manifesto

Wed May 17, 2017 8:14 pm

welshrarebit wrote:But it's the over taxation of the profits that's the problem. Where else does the reinvestment come from?? If you do not make enough profit you can not grow. If you can not grow you can not create more employment opportunities for others. Maintenance people. Sales people wanting to sell you their products. Manufacturers of those products. Builders for your extensions. Electricians. All the other people that can also not grow because their customers are hindered. It's exactly the profits that drive this growth. Also on a personal level, many small businesses owned by a self employed person absolutely rely on profits because that's the owners income! If a company made no profit the owner gets no income. The owner closes up. Everyone loses out. I absolutely want people treated fairly but I can't see why it's so hard to see that over taxing business is dangerous and often counter productive.

I couldn't see myself making people redundant if my company is making over 300k profit.As a director of a limited company you surely pay yourself a salary.I thought corporation tax was only paid on net profit after you paid all your employees and yourself and after deductions for all other business costs.If I'm wrong I stand corrected.