Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Marshall, Fabio or Rudy Gestede return to Cardiff?

Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 pm

David Marshall, Fabio or Rudy Gestede return to Cardiff?

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/1 ... o-cardiff/ :thumbright:

OK I know you might want only Marshall or some of you might want to bring back Fabio, and just maybe some of you might want Rudy Gestede to return so let us see what these 3 could bring to the squad at Cardiff at the moment.

RUDY GESTEDE
Rudy has got his aerial threat where this could potentially help Zohore to run through the defence and use his skill to score, but of course Rudy is known to Cardiff fans that he is very useful as an impact player coming off from the bench but this could change and this would be sensational if someone like Rudy Gestede returned to Cardiff.

THE RETURN TO CARDIFF: Unlikely
FAN RECEPTION: Really Good
MY FAVOURATE IN RATINGS: 8/10

FABIO
Fabio would get a huge applause for what he has given Cardiff and this would give Neil Warnock some breathing room for chosing who to play but no doubt Fabio would be starting every game but with Fabio's commitment he can drive the ball to the winger of Hoilett and could speed up play just by running on the flank and finding gaps within the midfield and given the through balls that may accrue.

THE RETURN TO CARDIFF: Very Unlikely
FAN RECEPTION: Great
MY FAVOURATE IN RATING: 9/10

DAVID MARSHALL
Marshall has been sidelined for most of his time as Hull City keeper but imagine if Hull let Marshall go to Cardiff, then the morale of David Marshall would potentially go through the roof as he had made claims that he loved the Bluebirds and that he was with the Bluebirds for a very long time and the whole stadium would be lifted as they would see the return of Cardiff City's greatest Goalkeeper.

THE RETURN TO CARDIFF: Possible
FAN RECEPTION: Exceptional
MY FAVOURATE IN RATINGS: 10/10

These are just my opinions, any of yours are welcome as always

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/1 ... o-cardiff/

Re: David Marshall, Fabio or Rudy Gestede return to Cardiff?

Mon May 15, 2017 7:15 pm

No, No and Yes

Mon May 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:No, No and Yes

This :thumbup:

Mon May 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Gestede is a proven championship striker.

Fabio would be excellent.

Marshall has been a great keeper for Cardiff but couldn't get into a poor Hull side.

Mon May 15, 2017 9:37 pm

Would love to see all three of them back here but it's all about wages maybe Marshall would take a pay cut but not the other two

Mon May 15, 2017 9:49 pm

glyncoed4 wrote:Would love to see all three of them back here but it's all about wages maybe Marshall would take a pay cut but not the other two

Agree :thumbup:

Mon May 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Rudy no.

Marshall yes but I'll go against the grain on this - depends what we are looking like with who Warnock signs. We need a keeper so obviously he would be quality.

Fabio. Absolutely. Love him as a player. Absolutely 109% every time he played. Out jumped guys twice his size. Up and down the pitch getting involved. What's not to like?! Oh and his recent antics at Swansea are legendary

Mon May 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Yes to all 3. But none of them will happen so I don't see the point in suggesting it.

Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 am

I would have all three back :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue May 16, 2017 6:15 am

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/1 ... o-cardiff/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue May 16, 2017 7:39 am

None for me - all would command high wages and transfer fees so NW would blow his budget.

For me we are moving forward as a club and want that to continue its like a fresh start so bringing back old players is like a step backwards.

We got an excellent manager who can work on a budget yet still produce results - this will be the first summer over the last few years that a lot of the high wage earners will be gone !

Let's make the most of that opportunity and build for the future :thumbup:

Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 am

Dobbin wrote:None for me - all would command high wages and transfer fees so NW would blow his budget.

For me we are moving forward as a club and want that to continue its like a fresh start so bringing back old players is like a step backwards.

We got an excellent manager who can work on a budget yet still produce results - this will be the first summer over the last few years that a lot of the high wage earners will be gone !

Let's make the most of that opportunity and build for the future :thumbup:

Spot on :thumbup:

Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 am

nubbsy wrote:Yes to all 3. But none of them will happen so I don't see the point in suggesting it.

same here if they all came on 10k a wk contracts.yes
but might as well be Medel, Ramsey,Heaton return to Cardiff.
silly season has began.

Tue May 16, 2017 8:57 am

Cant see any of them coming back due to the wages they are on, although Marshall and his wife loved Cardiff so this is a maybe? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 am

Gestede no

Fabio no

Marshall of 3 years ago definitely....Marshall of recent times no

Tue May 16, 2017 1:20 pm

None of the above likely signings I'm afraid.

Gestede will go to a PL club as an impact sub. Marshall is not the player he was.

Fabio also likely to be a bencher in PL.

Sorry, just my opinion. I like your positivity though!!

Tue May 16, 2017 8:03 pm

All 3 would be excellent for us if we could afford them. If I had to pick one it would definitely be Marshall.

Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 am

Rudy & Marshall for me, Rudy has come on a lot& Marshall... Best Keeper we had & Fabio.. NO seen him in a few games this season THE simple ERRORS he has made, I would look at someone else.... WARNOK would know who he wants