Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City / Dave Jones

Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 am

On This Day in 2008, Cardiff City were beaten 1-0 by Portsmouth in the FA Cup final. A gutting day

Dave Jones
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City / Dave Jones

Wed May 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:On This Day in 2008, Cardiff City were beaten 1-0 by Portsmouth in the FA Cup final. A gutting day

Dave Jones

Yes, a gutting day. I really thought we would beat them. Ref let them get away with everything, especially Johnson who hacked down Ledley when he was through on goal. Didn't he also disallow an equaliser by Loovens for hand ball when it came off his shoulder?

Re: Cardiff City / Dave Jones

Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes we were robbed by the English referee Mr Mike Dean on that day. He allowed Johnson to get away with every foul and he should have been red carded on a few occasions. I thought Loovens had equalised for us,but no Dean felt that he had controlled the ball with his hand!
I think that Dean should watch that game again and note how much he favoured Portsmouth. I too was gutted that day, but felt our goalkeeper should have controlled the ball better, as he allowed Kanu to score.
In the past now, but it was great to be there that day