Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not so Great Britain

Wed May 17, 2017 9:56 am

You went soft on discipline. You went soft on immigration.

You went soft on crime. Parents were told 'No you can't smack the kids'. Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear. Kids had rights blah, blah, blah. Well done Not so Great Britain. Yo...u shall reap what you sow, we have lost a whole generation & turned them into selfish disrespectful little arseholes who have no respect for people and property!

Re: Not so Great Britain

Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 pm

totally agree,a good clip never hurt me.... i dont think lol

Wed May 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Bit of a sweeping generalisation on a whole generation, loads of great parents out there that control their kids without hitting them.
What you are saying is what the previous generation said about us :lol:

Wed May 17, 2017 2:00 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:You went soft on discipline. You went soft on immigration.

You went soft on crime. Parents were told 'No you can't smack the kids'. Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear. Kids had rights blah, blah, blah. Well done Not so Great Britain. Yo...u shall reap what you sow, we have lost a whole generation & turned them into selfish disrespectful little arseholes who have no respect for people and property!

Gotta say that's got me rocking,funniest thing I've read in ages fair play :lol:

Wed May 17, 2017 2:13 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:You went soft on discipline. You went soft on immigration.

They used to say shite like that to my generation in its time and I'm 60 now.Total bollox,sure it wasn't perfect by any means but I wouldn't swap it for the deal the kids have got today.Anyway most of the guys that I grew up with that were trouble makers and cheeky twats to boot turned out ok and I expect the same will happen with todays lot.

Wed May 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Scotland was the last european country to outlaw corporal punishment in schools, I was regularly belted with a leather tawse and it never did me ny harm, if you don't believe me just ask my dominatrix.

Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 pm

If you've got to the situation where you've decided that hitting your kids it's an effective way of disciplining them, then you've already failed.
My parents never laid a finger on me or my brother or sister, they didn't have to, they had our respect. They would quickly have lost that if they'd started hitting us.
Kids should respect their parents, not fear them.