Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MERTHYR FANS

Wed May 17, 2017 4:15 pm

The Martyrs‏ @MerthyrTownFC

ON THIS DAY :ayatollah:

Merthyr FA Wales Cup Final in 87
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MERTHYR FANS

Wed May 17, 2017 4:28 pm

30 years ago today! Latchford & Webley force Newport County to a replay in The Welsh Cup Final :ayatollah:

At Ninian Park :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 17, 2017 4:28 pm

30 years ago today! Latchford & Webley force @NewportCounty to a replay in The Welsh Cup Final

Wed May 17, 2017 5:49 pm

I went to both those games, (there was a replay), and enjoyed them. Was completely neutral, no connections with either town, (or city, today, in Newport's case).

Wed May 17, 2017 6:39 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:I went to both those games, (there was a replay), and enjoyed them. Was completely neutral, no connections with either town, (or city, today, in Newport's case).

I rem them well, most City fans backed Merthyr, as Newport were our rivals to many of us in them days :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed May 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Yea

Went to both those games

A Merthyr Neutral!!

Was that the game when Newport had a f??k off Cardiff flag???

Wed May 17, 2017 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:I went to both those games, (there was a replay), and enjoyed them. Was completely neutral, no connections with either town, (or city, today, in Newport's case).

I rem them well, most City fans backed Merthyr, as Newport were our rivals to many of us in them days :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I probably edged towards Merthyr, but mainly because they were the underdogs, and I was working with a lad from there at the time. Never really took Newport seriously, in any way. Still don't. Remember games at Somerton Park. We are just a much, much bigger club than they are.