' Shock as Gareth Bale Not Wanted '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 am

Real Madrid Players Don't Want Gareth Bale Starting The Champions League Final

Joe Baiamonte in Spanish football

Thursday 18th May 2017

He may be one of the world's finest footballers, but Gareth Bale's struggles with injury this season are reportedly causing several of his Real Madrid teammates to campaign for him to be benched for the Champions League final.

Bale is expected to be fit in time for the showdown with Juventus on 3rd June, having missed the last few weeks with a muscle injury.

Being that this year's final is in Bale's hometown of Cardiff, the Welsh captain is obviously desperate to start against Juve, yet many of his teammates would prefer to see Isco start ahead of the Welshman.

Isco has been in fine form as of late and was especially impressive during both legs of the semi-final with city rivals Atletico. Many members of the Real team believe the Spanish midfielder brings more balance to Zinedine Zidane's side and, judging by recent performances, it's hard to argue.

According to Diario Gol, Cristiano Ronaldo is leading the queue of Los Blancos stars who would prefer to see Isco in Zidane's starting XI for the final against the Bianconeri in two and a half weeks time.

The Spanish midfielder has been in sensational form, recently.

Along with Ronaldo, club captain Sergio Ramos also favours his countryman over Bale, as do Marcelo, Pepe, Fabio Coentrao and Casemiro.

Bale does have some support though, with Toni Kroos and fellow ex-Spurs player Luka Modric fighting his corner ahead of Real's second consecutive Champions League final.

Bale may have to watch the Champions League final from the subs bench in his hometown. Image: PA

The Welshman has lifted the trophy twice since completing his then world record breaking £86m move from Tottenham in 2013. It was Bale who gave Real the lead during extra-time of the 2014 final against Atletico Madrid and he also scored a penalty in last year's victorious shoot-out at the San Siro.

But who would you start against Juventus if you were Zinedine Zidane? Bale or Isco?

Have your say in the comments section, below.
Attachments
6ea05613591c12b74afef5343d48c9e9.png
6ea05613591c12b74afef5343d48c9e9.png (445.11 KiB) Viewed 7651 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Shock as Gareth Bale Not Wanted '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 9:27 am

Gareth Bale quit threat: Real Madrid star gives ultimatum amid Man Utd interest - reports

GARETH BALE has reportedly threatened to quit Real Madrid if Zinedine Zidane doesn't play him in the Champions League final.

By James Walters / Published 17th May 2017

Gareth Bale has threatened to quit Real Madrid

And the former Tottenham star is so desperate to play, he has threatened Zidane.

Spanish outlet Diario Gol say Bale has given the Real boss an ultimatum - if he doesn't play, he'll quit.

Every Real Madrid player's weekly wages
Sunday, 12th March 2017
REAL MADRID have some of the greatest players in world football in their ranks - but how much does each star take home in wages?

Marco Asensio - £14,750-per-week

Marco Asensio - £14,750-per-week Mariano - £26,000-per-week Nacho - £41,500-per-week Casemiro - £41,500-per-week Dani Carvajal - £49,500-per-week Fabio Coentrao - £58,000-per-week Lucas Vazquez - £66,000-per-week

“Gareth Bale has threatened to quit Real Madrid”
They reckon Real players want Isco to play instead of the Wales international.

Bale, 27, has had a tough spell at the Bernabeu this season.

The winger has missed half of the season with injury which has limited his impact under Zidane.

Spanish insider claims Gareth Bale is 'real possibility' for Man United

Bale has been heavily linked with a move away from the Bernabeu in recent months, with Manchester United reportedly eyeing the Wales star.
Attachments
Gareth-Bale-615157.jpg
Gareth-Bale-615157.jpg (40.51 KiB) Viewed 7381 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ThomasC » Thu May 18, 2017 9:29 am

It's a dilemma, I would like Bale to be a scoring substitute. Juve likely to be hard to breakdown
ThomasC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 9:29 am

Reply from Facebook

Jeff Guppy

I wouldn't start him either. Not the same player as a year ago. He seems happy to play 2nd fiddle to Ronaldo andpick up his £300k a week. He wants a good talking to..

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird58 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:42 am

I wonder if Bale will ever do a 'Bellamy' and engineer a cheap loan move to his home town club? Well, we can dream.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 am

Reply From Facebook

Matthew John Harrop

Isco has played amazing since he has been injured . Rightfully so in my opinion .

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wolfpac » Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 am

Isco is making Real tick again, he's stepped up to the mark, considering earlier in the season he wasn't wanted, he's now the man with freedom in midfield to take the reigns and drive Real on, Isco is one of the best midfielders in Europe, I agree that Bale should be benched.
Wolfpac

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 am

Bale would up his game playing a home final be stupid to leave him out
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 10:06 am

It makes total sense for Zidane to stick with Isco. He's been brilliant since he came in. I also severely doubt Bale will be getting his knickers in a twist if he doesn't start. He'll be disappointed but he's a great team player.
Zabier

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 am

Bring him on after 60 min and he scores winning goal he'd be happy with that.
Pulisnewport

Postby llangainbluebird » Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 am

Up to Zidane to pick his best side for that particular game, whatever it is.
llangainbluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Thu May 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Shows that a week is long time in football as only last week zidane said bale would start in final!
But looking at report it's like so many now its only a journo making news when probably there isn't any!
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Thu May 18, 2017 3:17 pm

rumour articles... No quotes from any players or managers? Just pure bullshit for people to lap up.
nubbsy

Postby noisycat » Thu May 18, 2017 3:22 pm

I seem to remember a similar story about Ronaldo where certain players wanted him dropped because of poor form. I can't imagine a manager of Zidane's reputation, listening to the opinion of his players. He's one of the few managers who can legitimately say to his players,he's achieved more in the game than they have.
noisycat

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu May 18, 2017 3:31 pm

This is so disgraceful for the whole team of Real Madrid, I bet any welsh fan like myself really want to see our fellow Welshman Gareth Bale shine at Home in the biggest stage of them all, and I bet if Bale scores the whole nation of Wales would go wild, I bet it is mainly Ronaldo not wanting the spotlight on Bale at his hometown, stupid Ronaldo, never better than the best in the World Lionel Messi
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby dogfound » Thu May 18, 2017 4:45 pm

nubbsy wrote:rumour articles... No quotes from any players or managers? Just pure bullshit for people to lap up.

The only actual quote ive read out of Real re Bale was Zidane saying they are a better team when he plays.
dogfound

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Why are people shocked Isco is a more natural footballer than Bale , and he is playing out of his skin alongside Modric !!! Leave emotions to one side please.
Jimmy Scoular

Postby nubbsy » Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
nubbsy wrote:rumour articles... No quotes from any players or managers? Just pure bullshit for people to lap up.

The only actual quote ive read out of Real re Bale was Zidane saying they are a better team when he plays.

Exactly but some no mark makes up a little story in his head, publishes it and everyone takes it like its gospel. Same people that read the papers every day and believe the shit there without actually taking a moment to think of where it's come from and how reliable the info is.
nubbsy

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Exactly but some no mark makes up a little story in his head, publishes it and everyone takes it like its gospel. Same people that read the papers every day and believe the shit there without actually taking a moment to think of where it's come from and how reliable the info is.

Yes I agree. A shit story with no substance.

I watched Real play live in at the Bernabèo last week and they were pretty good without Bale, beating Seville 4-1. I don't think he'll jump into the starting line up but hopefully we'll see him on from the bench.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat