Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Cardiff City Winger to Plymouth?

Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 am

Craig Noone's imminent Cardiff City exit prompts rumours of Plymouth Argyle return

The Herald

Friday 19th may 2017

FORMER Plymouth Argyle winger Craig Noone has been told he can leave current club Cardiff City this summer, sparking rumours that he could be about to rejoin the Pilgrims in League One.

The winger has been told to find a new club after 'heart to heart' talks with boss Neil Warnock, who is embarking on major rebuilding plans in South Wales this summer.

READ MORE: Gregg Wylde speaks out on possible Plymouth Argyle return

Noone has spent five years with the Bluebirds after making a £1m move from Brighton in 2012, and still has a year left on a contract extension he signed in 2014.

The Liverpudlian, now 29, was part of the Cardiff City side which won promotion to the Premier League under Malky Mackay in 2013, only to be relegated back to the Championship after a single season in the top flight.

Craig Noone in action for Cardiff

Noone spent three seasons at Home Park after making a £110,000 transfer from Southport overseen by then manager Paul Sturrock, but made only 62 appearances for the Pilgrims, scoring six goals.

His second season with the club saw him made a three-month loan move to Exeter City, who were in League One at the time, before Argyle dropped into the third tier themselves.

He was sold to Brighton for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £300,000, and he saw three seasons with the Seagulls before his seven-figure switch to Cardiff.

Wales Online reported that Noone had been told he could leave Cardiff this summer, though his wage demands may make any Argyle move for him prohibitive.

Warnock said: "I spoke to Craig and we've had a heart to heart about things, and I think it's best for all that he finds himself a new challenge."

The news sparked immediate calls from Argyle fans to make a move for Noone, though others were quick to scotch the idea over his inflated cost.
Attachments
16008140-large.jpg
16008140-large.jpg (67.51 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

Re: Cardiff City Winger to Plymouth?

Fri May 19, 2017 6:57 am

I think he's better than that division,he just needs a new challenge to refresh himself with someone like Forest.
Post a reply