Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MILLWALL PROMOTED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP "

Sat May 20, 2017 12:59 pm

MILLWALL BEAT BRADFORD CITY 1-0 AND ARE PROMOTED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

UPDATED

Bradford City v Millwall at Wembley Stadium.

Hoping that Bradford do it personally, they've been knocking on the door for a few years and deserve to be back in the second tier :thumbright:

Bradford City team

Colin DOYLE
Tony MCMAHON
Rory MCARDLE
Nathaniel KNIGHT-PERCIVAL
James MEREDITH
Mark MARSHALL
Josh CULLEN
Romain VINCELOT
Nicky LAW
Charlie WYKE
Billy CLARKE

Millwall team

Jordan ARCHER
Mahlon ROMEO
Byron WEBSTER
Shaun HUTCHINSON
Tony CRAIG
Jed WALLACE
Nadjim ABDOU
Shaun WILLIAMS
Aiden O'BRIEN
Lee GREGORY
Steve MORISON

Re: " LEAGUE ONE PLAY-OFF FINAL TODAY 3PM "

Sat May 20, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm all for Bradford, be great for McCall and his boys, can anyone enlighten me as to why Bradford are wearing red shirts?

Sat May 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I'm all for Bradford, be great for McCall and his boys, can anyone enlighten me as to why Bradford are wearing red shirts?

One assumes it's because Bradford normally wear a dark marroon type strip and milwall is a darkish blue one? For tv purposes that is a colour clash so next best is a red ! Didn't we have similar problems over our socks earlier in season so we had change kit for the match?

Sat May 20, 2017 1:28 pm

If I remember rightly Bradford were our first home opponents the last time we were promoted back to the championship. I remember feeling good that at last we back in the second tier, and the disappointment when they beat us.

Sat May 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Bradford City team

Colin DOYLE
Tony MCMAHON
Rory MCARDLE
Nathaniel KNIGHT-PERCIVAL
James MEREDITH
Mark MARSHALL
Josh CULLEN
Romain VINCELOT
Nicky LAW
Charlie WYKE
Billy CLARKE

Millwall team

Jordan ARCHER
Mahlon ROMEO
Byron WEBSTER
Shaun HUTCHINSON
Tony CRAIG
Jed WALLACE
Nadjim ABDOU
Shaun WILLIAMS
Aiden O'BRIEN
Lee GREGORY
Steve MORISON

Sat May 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Come on Bradford!

Sat May 20, 2017 2:24 pm

My second favourite team, having spent my 3 University years there 1977-80. Come on you Bantams!

Sat May 20, 2017 2:47 pm

0-0 at half time.

Sat May 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Millwall win 1-0.

Sat May 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Worst team won. Best player on field James Meredith, Bradford left-back. Can't see Millwall staying up.

Re: " MILLWALL PROMOTED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP "

Sat May 20, 2017 5:04 pm

League 1 standard is so poor, 3 teams promoted and only Sheff Utd look much cop!

Flamin' hate millwall !

Sat May 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Bradford were the better team, that CB won everything in Millwall's box when they was putting crosses in, a good club that do things right with ticket prices and how they view football should be run here..

Buzzing for Millwall though, got a close mate who supports them and was routing for them to come back so can't wait to play them next season, well done Millwall. :clap: :ayatollah:

Sat May 20, 2017 7:31 pm

A club still In the dark ages as far as football violence is concerned .poorly supported but cost a fortune to police.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:34 pm

skiprat wrote:A club still In the dark ages as far as football violence is concerned .poorly supported but cost a fortune to police.

I agree. I feel sorry for the genuine fans. The pitch invasion was just a symptom of the way some behave. A nightmare to police and a disgrace to the modern game and the family atmosphere most cubs are trying to promote.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Disagree in some ways with the points above, yes there is some violence among some but I think they have improved over recent years and bar some history off the field with sone clubs the police are OTT with Millwall in respect to some games they been to recent years, the clubs like Luton and Spurs yes I do agree with the violence is there and police because it's still there but some of the games like Sheffield United, Scunthorpe etc they still have high level on them games when they don't cause that much trouble.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Wolfpac wrote:League 1 standard is so poor, 3 teams promoted and only Sheff Utd look much cop!

Flamin' hate millwall !

That's why it's league one!
The premier teams say the same when we are on the tv

Sat May 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Wolfpac wrote:League 1 standard is so poor, 3 teams promoted and only Sheff Utd look much cop!

Flamin' hate millwall !

You can't really say anything until the end of next season if they are all still in this division, look at Burton.. the ground and the team they had I thought they would have been straight down with Rotherham.