Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cmon Labour!!

Sat May 20, 2017 3:58 pm

I know the chances of a win are small but if Labour don't pull off a shock, we are stuck with the bloody tories for five long hard years. Five long years of more cuts, low wages, dropping living standards and not giving a shite about Wales, not giving a shite about the working class.
Strong and stable my arse! Selfish and callous more like.

Re: Cmon Labour!!

Sat May 20, 2017 4:03 pm

harold pinta wrote:I know the chances of a win are small but if Labour don't pull off a shock, we are stuck with the bloody tories for five long hard years. Five long years of more cuts, low wages, dropping living standards and not giving a shite about Wales, not giving a shite about the working class.

Oh dear oh dear

Sat May 20, 2017 4:26 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:I know the chances of a win are small but if Labour don't pull off a shock, we are stuck with the bloody tories for five long hard years. Five long years of more cuts, low wages, dropping living standards and not giving a shite about Wales, not giving a shite about the working class.

Oh dear oh dear

My thought exactly mate. What with us losing the funding from the EU that has gone into so many projects around Wales, and of course there is absolutely no way that the tories in Westminster are going to replace that. Things have been bad under the tories for the last seven years, It's looking even more grim now.

Sat May 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Alternatively we could have messers Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell getting us into debt with their Wolfie Smith economics, as for Brexit do you really think the terrorist loving Marxist crackpot is the man to get us a deal. He wants to guarantee the rights of eu citizens in the UK without securing similar for British citizens in mainland Europe :banghead:

Sat May 20, 2017 4:42 pm

I may be missing something but I was under the impression that Labour have governed Wales for the last 20 years.

Sat May 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I may be missing something but I was under the impression that Labour have governed Wales for the last 20 years.

Quite right they have,oh by the way how is the Welsh NHS doing these days?

Sat May 20, 2017 4:50 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Considering the fact that Wales is massively and unfairly under funded the Welsh NHS performs remarkably well.

Sat May 20, 2017 4:50 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Like virtually everything else that has been devolved to the Welsh Government, not very good.

Sat May 20, 2017 5:12 pm

harold pinta wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Considering the fact that Wales is massively and unfairly under funded the Welsh NHS performs remarkably well.

Unfairly funded we get more per head than english people ffs

Sat May 20, 2017 5:16 pm

harold pinta wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Would the funding be any better under Labour since the treasury use the same formula irrespective of who the party is in government in London. The Barnett formula has been used by all parties ever since it was introduced, and accounts for the vast majority of the money paid out to Cardiff Bay.

Sat May 20, 2017 7:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

You love downing the Welsh.
Proper English Tory Arse licking c**t you are :lol: :lol:

Sat May 20, 2017 7:14 pm

I can't believe it (one foot in the grave).The audacity and the smugness of denial by those who criticise Labour for debt.
The tories in 7 years have doubled the debt since Labour left office. Millions of working families and the disabled have had benefits reduced, stopped, and sanctioned. Now they are turning on the pensioners and children.
The Tory press and the big money backers are still bankrolling the tories so the British public is kept in the dark.

Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Bullshit we get our fair share but the wag waste it under labour control ,its not dowing us welsh at all you stupid tw*t ,im not stupid enough like you to think its all the english tories fault, wake up ffs you thick fucker

Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Merlin11 wrote:I can't believe it (one foot in the grave).The audacity and the smugness of denial by those who criticise Labour for debt.
The tories in 7 years have doubled the debt since Labour left office. Millions of working families and the disabled have had benefits reduced, stopped, and sanctioned. Now they are turning on the pensioners and children.
The Tory press and the big money backers are still bankrolling the tories so the British public is kept in the dark.

I don't suppose the national debt saw a dramatic rise under Brown, which then became a major problem following the 2008 crash, and which has been a problem until recently when it has leveled out. It saw a big increase under Brown before the financial crash, I dread to think what it would be now if Brown and his friends were still in charge.

Sat May 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Merlin11 wrote:I can't believe it (one foot in the grave).The audacity and the smugness of denial by those who criticise Labour for debt.

I don't suppose the national debt saw a dramatic rise under Brown, which then became a major problem following the 2008 crash, and which has been a problem until recently when it has leveled out. It saw a big increase under Brown before the financial crash, I dread to think what it would be now if Brown and his friends were still in charge.

Tories have doubled the national debt but labour quadrupled it also tbf the deficit is coming down every year also the facts dont lie the most people in work for the last 40 years,the economy is better under tories but they are heartless

Sat May 20, 2017 8:50 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Better than the NHS in England which couldn't even defend itself against the recent ransomware cyber attack.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Bullshit we get our fair share but the wag waste it under labour control ,its not dowing us welsh at all you stupid tw*t ,im not stupid enough like you to think its all the english tories fault, wake up ffs you thick fucker

Fair play you are just so out of touch. :roll:

Sat May 20, 2017 8:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Tories have doubled the national debt but labour quadrupled it also tbf the deficit is coming down every year also the facts dont lie the most people in work for the last 40 years,the economy is better under tories but they are heartless

The Tories have borrowed more money in the last seven years than all previous Labour Governments put together. Labours borrowing record is skewed by bailing the banks out and before someone says they didn't regulate them properly I would say no they never, but if the Tories had been in power they wouldn't have neither.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:53 pm

https://youtu.be/2x8KKIRamkM

Big crowds everywhere he goes. Labour might not win but the left, the true left, not Blairs Tory light experiment, is on the rise again and the young people of the country like what he has to say. People love him. People that know that the right wing media image of him is utter bullshit. He's got more substance than that scowling, robotic witch could ever dream of. And what's more he's got a plan. May is simply hoping for the best. Too scared to have her manifesto costed by the OBS.
Of course the middle classes love her, they are not going to be affected by continued austerity. They aren't one of the million people on zero hour contracts. They aren't having to queue at a food bank tonight. Typical Tory I'm alright jack and to hell with the rest of them attitude. In Wales of all places. Makes me want to spew.

Sun May 21, 2017 9:59 am

harold pinta wrote:https://youtu.be/2x8KKIRamkM

Big crowds everywhere he goes. Labour might not win but the left, the true left, not Blairs Tory light experiment, is on the rise again and the young people of the country like what he has to say. People love him. People that know that the right wing media image of him is utter bullshit. He's got more substance than that scowling, robotic witch could ever dream of. And what's more he's got a plan. May is simply hoping for the best. Too scared to have her manifesto costed by the OBS.
Of course the middle classes love her, they are not going to be affected by continued austerity. They aren't one of the million people on zero hour contracts. They aren't having to queue at a food bank tonight. Typical Tory I'm alright jack and to hell with the rest of them attitude. In Wales of all places. Makes me want to spew.
I'd like to see if he did get in what he'd do to the economy with open borders :lol: but that's none of my buisness ;)

Sun May 21, 2017 11:46 am

Yes let's put corbyn and Abbott in charge of our country.

Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Yes let's put corbyn and Abbott in charge of our country.

Think I'd prefer Abbott & Costello.

Sun May 21, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm not a fan of Diane Abbot, in fact I think she's a liability for the Labour Party and I believe she will be pushed aside anyway. However the Tory party also have MPs and ministers that you would not want in charge. Philip Hammond has been shown to be a pretty hopeless chancellor, he was yet again made to look a buffoon by John Humphrys earlier this week. Amber Rudd also got her figures wrong on the subject of house prices just a few days ago as well as a pitiful performance on Andrew Marr recently. And the gormless Liz Truss is making a right pigs ear of the ministry of justice.

The disgusting Murdoch press don't report this though do they.

Sun May 21, 2017 12:10 pm

harold pinta wrote:I'm not a fan of Diane Abbot, in fact I think she's a liability for the Labour Party and I believe she will be pushed aside anyway. However the Tory party also have MPs and ministers that you would not want in charge. Philip Hammond has been shown to be a pretty hopeless chancellor, he was yet again made to look a buffoon by John Humphrys earlier this week. Amber Rudd also got her figures wrong on the subject of house prices just a few days ago as well as a pitiful performance on Andrew Marr recently. And the gormless Liz Truss is making a right pigs ear of the ministry of justice.

The disgusting Murdoch press don't report this though do they.

I take the Mirror and I don't pay any attention to their election coverage as they are anti tory in the same way as others are against Labour. Anyone who believes half of what they read in our papers would be very gullible.

Sun May 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Big crowds because the lefties that support him don't work. Everyone else is in work.

Sun May 21, 2017 5:47 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Big crowds because the lefties that support him don't work. Everyone else is in work.

Was thinking the same thing

Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Well it was on a Saturday so that blows that silly suggestion away. Corbyn attracts large crowds wherever he goes because he actually has something to say for himself. Unlike May who does nothing but speak in empty, repetitive sound bites. He's a decent man. He's a man that genuinely gives a shit about normal working class people. That's what worries the right wing media. They want a one party capitalist state. That suits them just fine. The last thing they want is a popular socialist uprising. A government that will refuse to kowtow to big business and will run the country for the good of the people, not the privileged few as the tories always have done.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Voting.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:12 pm

The Polls have been spectacularly wrong. The only accurate poll is the exit polls. Having said that, traditionally many people feel embarrassed to admit being a Tory voter, for obvious reasons. So often they get more than the polls suggest.

I expect a Tory landslide, which will give the torys free reign to treat the working classes with contempt. Five more long years ahead of hard times. I only hope the reported upsurge in young people registering to vote helps to swing things enough to put more pressure on them.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:14 pm

harold pinta wrote:The Polls have been spectacularly wrong. The only accurate poll is the exit polls. Having said that, traditionally many people feel embarrassed to admit being a Tory voter, for obvious reasons. So often they get more than the polls suggest.

I expect a Tory landslide, which will give the torys free reign to treat the working classes with contempt. Five more long years ahead of hard times. I only hope the reported upsurge in young people registering to vote helps to swing things enough to put more pressure on them.

No need to worry. Guarantee it will be Welsh Labour in Wales.