A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Promotion Party Ruined '

Sun May 21, 2017 7:14 am

' Millwall Fans Invaded '

Video fighting after

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVmOzvW-wf0

Millwall’s promotion party ‘ruined’ by Wembley pitch invasion, says Morison

20/05/17

Millwall’s matchwinner, Steve Morison, said the fans who invaded the pitch after their 1-0 win over Bradford in the League One play-off final spoilt the occasion for him.

Morison scored the only goal with five minutes remaining at Wembley to take Millwall into the Championship but after the final whistle he was angry and distracted when asked about what could have been the high point of his career. “I can’t focus at the minute,” Morison said. “They’ve ruined it for me. Absolutely ruined it. I’ve never felt so high and then so low after the game. We should have been celebrating, not trying to clear those fans off the pitch. It should be our faces in the papers tomorrow, not those few who let us all down.”

A few hundred Millwall fans ran on to the pitch at the final whistle, mostly in an attempt to celebrate with their side, but a handful progressed to the other half and goaded the Bradford manager, Stuart McCall, and some of his players.

“I was close to clocking a couple,” McCall said. “I still don’t understand fans wanting to come on and goad myself, and the staff. Just enjoy the moment. Stay in your own half, celebrate with your team. I feel bad enough as it is.”

Video
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ve-morison
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Promotion Party Ruined '

Sun May 21, 2017 7:18 am

Stuart McCall: Bradford City boss 'close to hitting' Millwall fans who invaded pitch

Millwall fans invaded the pitch following their League One play-off final win over Bradford

Bradford City boss Stuart McCall said he was "close to clocking" Millwall fans who invaded the pitch at the end of the League One play-off final.

McCall said he and some of his players were goaded by supporters following their 1-0 loss to the Lions at Wembley.

He questioned why stewards had not prevented the invasion.

"We're absolutely distraught, we wanted to clap our own fans, the last thing we need is people running around us and giving us verbals," said McCall.

"I think it's nonsense," he told BBC Radio Leeds. "Ten minutes later an army of stewards comes on when they should have been on straight after the final whistle and stood on the halfway line.

"I don't understand why people feel they need to come over to players, intimidate us and wind us up. I was close to clocking a couple.

"I'm not necessarily blaming the people who did it but where was the stewarding? Why march them out 10 minutes afterwards?

"They should have got to the halfway line straight away and stopped anyone from coming over."

Millwall boss Neil Harris encouraged his side's fans to leave the pitch to allow the team to enjoy their celebrations, while match-winner Steve Morison claimed they had "ruined" the moment.

"It's not ideal, it's not quite the place for a pitch invasion, I've got to be honest," Harris told BBC Radio London.

"I don't condone it whatsoever. I'm just hoping there was no disrespect towards Stuart and his team.

"For me, I wanted to get them off because I wanted to see my players enjoy it and I wanted to see my players take the admiration of the whole fan base, which happened in the end.

"I think it was overzealous, a lot of people wanting selfies and jumping about. I certainly don't condone it, but I'm hoping it was lighthearted."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:20 am

Millwall fans

Sun May 21, 2017 7:21 am

Millwall Fans

Sun May 21, 2017 8:36 am

I'd love it if the league had the balls to throw back to league one as punishment.Millwall=sub-human wankers the lot of them.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:57 am

Will they ever grow up???

Every big game without fail they do something stupid which always ends up with innocent people being hurt

Some of those misbehaving yesterday were in their 50s and 60s they are stuck in a time warp

Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I'd love it if the league had the balls to throw back to league one as punishment.Millwall=sub-human wankers the lot of them.

Bit harsh imo. 2-300 out of 25,000+, the rest were booing and shouting for them to get off.

I'm not sure what Millwall as a Club could do about it?

Sun May 21, 2017 9:40 am

RV Casual wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I'd love it if the league had the balls to throw back to league one as punishment.Millwall=sub-human wankers the lot of them.

Bit harsh imo. 2-300 out of 25,000+, the rest were booing and shouting for them to get off.

I'm not sure what Millwall as a Club could do about it?

Possibly harsh,but it wouldn't half send a message and if they get to Wembly again this time next year I'll bet you wouldn't see a repeat.

Sun May 21, 2017 10:57 am

I really wanted Bradford to win, don't want that bunch of neanderthals here again! Why don't the football authorities take a real hard line with that club? Pity they won that appeal against compulsory purchase of their ground, maybe they could have gone out of existance, and I mean that most sincerely friends!

Sun May 21, 2017 11:14 am

Morrison didn't even want to celebrate you could see it in his face, even when he was handed the trophy.

Sun May 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Their fans should be banned for the next Wembley visit. Simple.

Sun May 21, 2017 4:00 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Their fans should be banned for the next Wembley visit. Simple.

Did you think we should have been punished with a fan ban when our fans invaded the pitch after beating Leeds and attacked the away end?

Sun May 21, 2017 5:02 pm

murphy wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:Their fans should be banned for the next Wembley visit. Simple.

Did you think we should have been punished with a fan ban when our fans invaded the pitch after beating Leeds and attacked the away end?

tbh mate if the FA were to dish out punishments we deserved it far more for the game you mention because our owner was over there winding it up.
people on here forgetting themselves.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:40 pm

dogfound wrote:
murphy wrote:

tbh mate if the FA were to dish out punishments we deserved it far more for the game you mention because our owner was over there winding it up.
people on here forgetting themselves.

I know mate, we are in no position to criticise yesterday's minor pitch invasion.

I remember talking to some Man City fans when we played up there and they said ninian park was just like going to millwall. I remember talking to a taxi driver in Newcastle who said our reputation was just like millwall.

Sun May 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Simple solution: Deduct points from the club for next season. That should prevent a future problem.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 am

Millwall fans throw traffic cones and punches after beating Bradford

Stuart McCall has criticised Wembley Stadium's stewarding after Millwall supporters marred their victory over Bradford City by staging a pitch invasion and fighting outside the ground on Saturday night.

This exclusive video, taken by T&A reporter Mark Stanford shortly after the final whistle, shows a group of Millwall fans goading Bradford City supporters, throwing traffic cones and punching and kicking someone who appears to be on the ground.

Millwall crowd trouble

Millwall fans throwing punches and traffic cones after beating Bradford City in the League One play-offs.

Earlier, triumphant Lions fans marked the final whistle by running onto the Wembley pitch and taunting City's heartbroken players and staff.

City manager Stuart McCall was angry that the Millwall fans had been allowed to get on to the pitch.

McCall, along with players including Tony McMahon and Mark Marshall, was goaded by the pitch invaders.

And he said: "I have to say I'm very, very disappointed in the stewarding, to allow the fans across the halfway line to confront me and my players - because I was close to clocking a couple of them, that's for sure.

"I think Wembley will have to look at that for next season."

It is not yet known whether any arrests have been made.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:38 am

Mon May 22, 2017 9:32 am

It looked to me as if it was Bradford fans with the traffic cones.