Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports 1

Sun May 21, 2017 11:30 am

Highlights of the Cardiff v Sunderland Premier league game is due on SS 1 at half twelve.

Re: Sky Sports 1

Sun May 21, 2017 12:31 pm

They showed the away game first and then the home game.

Still not seen a ref wait such a long time to give a decision after a foul as the penalty awarded and red card given against Cala.

Played advantage and when they didn't score, gave them a penalty to make sure they did. Before the penalty was taken ref was lecturing our players about encroaching yet when the kick was taken there was a Sunderland player almost in front of the kicker yet did nothing about it.

We were very poor in the Premier League but we did have some very dubious refereeing as well.

Off the top of my head, apart from Sunderland there was the United home game when Rooney should have been sent off, the Liverpool home game where Gerrard should have been sent off and we conceded whilst two of our players were waiting to come back on the pitch, Liverpool away with Skirtel wrestling Caulker to the ground at almost every corner, Eto'o kicking the ball out of Marshall's hands at Chelsea and the goal being allowed. Also Zaha fouled in the area away at Everton and the goal kick leading to Everton's winner should have been a corner.

They say these things even themselves out over a season though I can only think of two dubious decisions in our favour - Everton at home when Baines was flattened and no pen given, and a questionable penalty given to us by Howard Webb. against Stoke I think it was.

Re: Sky Sports 1

Sun May 21, 2017 1:55 pm

You are correct on all the incidents mentioned. I believe in the home game against Stoke that Webb evened things up as they were given a soft penalty before half time. I think our korean guy pushed the guy who previously played for us but transferred to Stoke in exchange for Keiron Jones.