Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So it was all quite comfortable in the end...

Mon May 22, 2017 9:46 pm

:D I think more teams picked up points against the top 10 this season than ever before, in a season where most money has been pumped into the Premier League where you see seasoned internationals throughout teams all over the PL. But nice try :laughing6:

Tue May 23, 2017 12:36 pm

If look at final table yes looks good but it hides fact that for two seasons now they have struggled near bottom of table until last couple weeks of season! But can any swans fan say they are improving? And with possibility of couple players leaving will things improve next season?

Tue May 23, 2017 3:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:If look at final table yes looks good but it hides fact that for two seasons now they have struggled near bottom of table until last couple weeks of season! But can any swans fan say they are improving? And with possibility of couple players leaving will things improve next season?

You would have dreamed of 17th place. We haven't finished lower than 15th ever, hardly struggled.

This season we struggled under Bradley yes, admittedly.

We have just had our best half a season in the PL in our history so yes, we are improving.

Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 pm

The 2nd half of the season (last 19 games).

1st Spurs 47 pts
2nd Chelsea 44 pts
3rd Man City 39 pts
4th Arsenal 35 pts
5th Everton 34 pts
6th Man Utd 33 pts
7th Liverpool 33 pts
8th Swansea 29 pts

Tue May 23, 2017 5:12 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:We finished closer to 8th than any of the relegation spots. ;)

Yes, well done, the strange thing is that away from these types of sites, most Cardiff fans I know thought you'd stay up. Yet your own supporters had given up a few weeks back, have a bit more faith in your team.

It was the same with Monk. Mist people outside Swansea thought it was a harsh sacking, those involved in the club however could see the deterioration of the side. So its not about faith or fairness, its about reality and us fans are best placed to make judgements and I highly doubt those outside the club truly saw how much thr club was set back by thr Bradley appointment. We managed to survive but it was never about faith. :thumbup:

What are you on about, most of your supporters up until very recently expected you to get relegated. Most Cardiff fans I know, including myself, thought you'd stay up. You did, I and others were right, the vast majority of your supporters were wrong, quite simple really.

Tue May 23, 2017 5:39 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Yes, well done, the strange thing is that away from these types of sites, most Cardiff fans I know thought you'd stay up. Yet your own supporters had given up a few weeks back, have a bit more faith in your team.

It was the same with Monk. Mist people outside Swansea thought it was a harsh sacking, those involved in the club however could see the deterioration of the side. So its not about faith or fairness, its about reality and us fans are best placed to make judgements and I highly doubt those outside the club truly saw how much thr club was set back by thr Bradley appointment. We managed to survive but it was never about faith. :thumbup:

What are you on about, most of your supporters up until very recently expected you to get relegated. Most Cardiff fans I know, including myself, thought you'd stay up. You did, I and others were right, the vast majority of your supporters were wrong, quite simple really.

Not correct through judgement though, its a heads or tails scenario. Unless you are claiming to know more regarding the inner workings of another club than their very fans? Year on year Cardiff fans say we will go down much to the hilarity of Swansea fans, and when we do well, bitterly attribute it to luck.

This year Bradley ruined the playing side to an extent not many outside the club could comprehend. Swansea fans rightly were negative regarding the teams chances, and the odds reflected that. Thankfully, against all odds we turned it around.

Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Not correct through judgement though, its a heads or tails scenario. Unless you are claiming to know more regarding the inner workings of another club than their very fans? Year on year Cardiff fans say we will go down much to the hilarity of Swansea fans, and when we do well, bitterly attribute it to luck.

This year Bradley ruined the playing side to an extent not many outside the club could comprehend. Swansea fans rightly were negative regarding the teams chances, and the odds reflected that. Thankfully, against all odds we turned it around.

I've never said you're going down, and have never attributed you staying up to any sort of luck. I haven't commented on Bradley at all, I'm posting on events after the new manager took over. Well done on staying up, as I've previously stated most Cardiff fans I know[ away from message boards] expected you to, most of your own fans didn't expect the same.

Tue May 23, 2017 6:38 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
I've never said you're going down, and have never attributed you staying up to any sort of luck. I haven't commented on Bradley at all, I'm posting on events after the new manager took over. Well done on staying up, as I've previously stated most Cardiff fans I know[ away from message boards] expected you to, most of your own fans didn't expect the same.

How do you know what most of our fans (or yours) thought? you have no idea.

We were rightly favourites to go down a month ago, simple as that.