Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So it was all quite comfortable in the end...

Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm

We finished closer to 8th than any of the relegation spots. ;)

Re: So it was all quite comfortable in the end...

Sun May 21, 2017 4:00 pm

yesss

get in there mister sgoriofruit

Sun May 21, 2017 5:01 pm

SnackaJack wrote:We finished closer to 8th than any of the relegation spots. ;)

Na,the other scenario is better, 2 points less and you would have finished one place above the relegation zone, or better still 42 points less and you would have finished on minus one. ;)

Sun May 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Na,the other scenario is better, 2 points less and you would have finished one place above the relegation zone, or better still 42 points less and you would have finished on minus one. ;)

Lets just go on what we actually achieved Steve :D

An interesting stat I read today was that this current half season is our best in our PL history.

Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Lets just go on what we actually achieved Steve :D

An interesting stat I read today was that this current half season is our best in our PL history.

Clement did the business for sure. Be interesting to see what the future holds for him, both with Swansea and any other club he may manage down the line. He has increased his stock over the last few months, and looks like he may turn out to be a top class boss.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Yes he hasn't done really well. But we thought that with Monk too :lol:

Fingers crossed. Don't want another season like the one we had under Bradley again! That man was truly inept.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Has*

Sun May 21, 2017 7:22 pm

SnackaJack wrote:Yes he hasn't done really well. But we thought that with Monk too :lol:

Fingers crossed. Don't want another season like the one we had under Bradley again! That man was truly inept.

You did Same thing last season only escaped in last couple of weeks! And listening to Jenkins i wouldn't be to confident in having a lot to spend on players but at least appears got half decent manager who could get in the right players especially if several players leave?

Sun May 21, 2017 7:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:Yes he hasn't done really well. But we thought that with Monk too :lol:

You did Same thing last season only escaped in last couple of weeks! And listening to Jenkins i wouldn't be to confident in having a lot to spend on players but at least appears got half decent manager who could get in the right players especially if several players leave?

Eh? We finished 12th last season, joint on points with 11th and 3 points behind Chelsea :?

If players leave then we will have funds, naturally. As it stands though he's right, we don't need to spend massively - our side has just come off the back of the best half season in our Premier League history.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Bore off Roathy who cares what Swansea finished I haven't even checked the bottom of the Prem league who gives a shit.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:30 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Bore off Roathy who cares what Swansea finished I haven't even checked the bottom of the Prem league who gives a shit.

Good job that, if you checked the bottom of the table then you would have missed us, would have wasted your time, we finished 5 points off 8th. :old:

Sun May 21, 2017 8:34 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Bore off Roathy who cares what Swansea finished I haven't even checked the bottom of the Prem league who gives a shit.

Good job that, if you checked the bottom of the table then you would have missed us, would have wasted your time, we finished 5 points off 8th. :old:

And 52 points off first if we are doing maths.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:40 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

And 52 points off first if we are doing maths.

First is never really a target. 8th was our best ever season. And our points tally for the second half of the season is our best ever. ;)

Sun May 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and say well done, I always thought that Swansea had a run in that would have potentially seen them to safety but 4 wins and a draw from their last 5 games was impressive and I am sure exceeded even their own supporters expectations. They had what we never did, a proper team and squad that is playing for each other,

I have no idea what will happen in the future, whether or not they will keep hold of the likes of Sigurðsson, llorente or whoever else and what they will replace them with, not to say they will go down but I think next season will be tough for them, you would expect Newcastle to potentially spend some money and aside from Burnley and Watford its hard to see anyone from Palace above who you would think would go down.

I think they will be in a scrap with Watford, Burnley, Brighton and whoever wins the Play Offs, but of course, only time will tell.

Sun May 21, 2017 9:10 pm

RV Casual wrote:Sometimes you just have to suck it up and say well done, I always thought that Swansea had a run in that would have potentially seen them to safety but 4 wins and a draw from their last 5 games was impressive and I am sure exceeded even their own supporters expectations. They had what we never did, a proper team and squad that is playing for each other,

I have no idea what will happen in the future, whether or not they will keep hold of the likes of Sigurðsson, llorente or whoever else and what they will replace them with, not to say they will go down but I think next season will be tough for them, you would expect Newcastle to potentially spend some money and aside from Burnley and Watford its hard to see anyone from Palace above who you would think would go down.

I think they will be in a scrap with Watford, Burnley, Brighton and whoever wins the Play Offs, but of course, only time will tell.

If Burnley strengthen and have home form like they did this season they will be fine, the playoff winners, Brighton and Swansea to go down

Sun May 21, 2017 9:37 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Sometimes you just have to suck it up and say well done, I always thought that Swansea had a run in that would have potentially seen them to safety but 4 wins and a draw from their last 5 games was impressive and I am sure exceeded even their own supporters expectations. They had what we never did, a proper team and squad that is playing for each other,

If Burnley strengthen and have home form like they did this season they will be fine, the playoff winners, Brighton and Swansea to go down

I can't see Burnley doing it mate unfortunately, they are a limited club, I think Sean Dyche is decent but not good enough in the long term, I don't see them attracting to many players and for me they will be one of the favorites for the drop next season.

Mon May 22, 2017 6:17 am

RV Casual wrote:They had what we never did, a proper team and squad that is playing for each other,

And that is what hurts even today.

All created by Vincent Tan himself. His childish gripes when things are not going his way killed us off before we even started.

This is the reason I'm not comfortable us returning to the Premier while he is in charge.

Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 am

The Jacks are way ahead of us in both support and as a team, like it or lump it and they have proved that by being in the top flight for the last few years. I think under Clement they will be a top 8 club next year.

Mon May 22, 2017 4:21 pm

a serious question here to the Swansea fan, do you believe Clement is the man to lead you next year. I ask because before sunderland had beaten hull, there was a good load of Swansea fans saying Clement needs to go in the summer if he gets them relegated, he had a perfect chance with winnable games and lost.

also if Sigurdsson does go, how do you think you'll fare

Mon May 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Yes, well done, the strange thing is that away from these types of sites, most Cardiff fans I know thought you'd stay up. Yet your own supporters had given up a few weeks back, have a bit more faith in your team.

Mon May 22, 2017 6:57 pm

I think it shows the PL to be weak this season and from 8th down anyone could have finished anywhere. The PL aint all what its cracked up to be imo, so fingers crossed next season will be the year you go down :bluescarf:

Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:

Yes, well done, the strange thing is that away from these types of sites, most Cardiff fans I know thought you'd stay up. Yet your own supporters had given up a few weeks back, have a bit more faith in your team.

It was the same with Monk. Mist people outside Swansea thought it was a harsh sacking, those involved in the club however could see the deterioration of the side. So its not about faith or fairness, its about reality and us fans are best placed to make judgements and I highly doubt those outside the club truly saw how much thr club was set back by thr Bradley appointment. We managed to survive but it was never about faith. :thumbup:

Mon May 22, 2017 8:04 pm

bluebird04 wrote:a serious question here to the Swansea fan, do you believe Clement is the man to lead you next year. I ask because before sunderland had beaten hull, there was a good load of Swansea fans saying Clement needs to go in the summer if he gets them relegated, he had a perfect chance with winnable games and lost.

also if Sigurdsson does go, how do you think you'll fare

Absolutely. I take your word for it regarding people wanting Clement out, most certainly wasnt anything like beaing near the majority feeling though. Not every manager will please everyone. There are some that dont like Gylfi for example.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:I think it shows the PL to be weak this season and from 8th down anyone could have finished anywhere. The PL aint all what its cracked up to be imo, so fingers crossed next season will be the year you go down :bluescarf:

The bottom half was very weak this season, will much change next season I'm not sure.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:I think it shows the PL to be weak this season and from 8th down anyone could have finished anywhere. The PL aint all what its cracked up to be imo, so fingers crossed next season will be the year you go down :bluescarf:

The bottom half was very weak this season, will much change next season I'm not sure.

Based on what? The teams that finished in the relegation spots had an English International striker up front and a Spanish international striker. It was far from weak.

Mon May 22, 2017 8:48 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

I'd say the bottom 6 were piss poor a few just scraped 40 points

Based on what? The teams that finished in the relegation spots had an English International striker up front and a Spanish international striker. It was far from weak.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:15 pm

:laughing6: where as on planet reality - more teams reached 40 points this season than they have possibly in the history of the 20 team format Premier League. I went back the last 10 years before getting bored and didnt find a single season where more than 17 teams reached 40 points. The standard was unusually high this season. Players like Andre Ayew, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Jermain Defoe, Fernando Llorente, Alvaro Negredo all fighting it out down the bottom.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 pm

SnackaJack wrote::laughing6: where as on planet reality - more teams reached 40 points this season than they have possibly in the history of the 20 team format Premier League. I went back the last 10 years before getting bored and didnt find a single season where more than 17 teams reached 40 points. The standard was unusually high this season. Players like Andre Ayew, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Jermain Defoe, Fernando Llorente, Alvaro Negredo all fighting it out down the bottom.

That suggests there were more teams equally shit just all beating each other, open your eyes man.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
SnackaJack wrote::laughing6: where as on planet reality - more teams reached 40 points this season than they have possibly in the history of the 20 team format Premier League. I went back the last 10 years before getting bored and didnt find a single season where more than 17 teams reached 40 points. The standard was unusually high this season. Players like Andre Ayew, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Jermain Defoe, Fernando Llorente, Alvaro Negredo all fighting it out down the bottom.

That suggests there were more teams equally shit just all beating each other, open your eyes man.

:lol: yet a minute ago you were saying how so many struggled to get points as a reason as why it was a poor season. I am afraid you have defeated your own obviously wrong argument there. :laughing5:

Mon May 22, 2017 9:41 pm

I haven't changed my point that the teams at the bottom were piss poor, a group of piss poor teams beating each other scraping their way to 40 points