Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' David Marshall Finally '

Sun May 21, 2017 4:56 pm

David Marshall finally got a game for Hull and he let in seven.

Hull City 1 Spurs 7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' David Marshall Finally '

Sun May 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:David Marshall finally got a game for Hull and he let in seven.

Hull City 1 Spurs 7

Bet hes regretting his move now :lol:

Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Don't be fooled by the poor display. He's forcing Hull to get rid of him. Wonder where he will go.....

Sun May 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:Don't be fooled by the poor display. He's forcing Hull to get rid of him. Wonder where he will go.....

He's not very good I've been telling people for years.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:David Marshall finally got a game for Hull and he let in seven.

Averaged five goals a game

Hull City 1 Spurs 7

Bet hes regretting his move now :lol:

Sun May 21, 2017 8:18 pm

He averaged five goals a game .been poor all season

Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Today will give Hull fans more of a stick to beat Marshall with. Don't think he got any option but to leave. Would love to see him back here, but his salary maybe an issue.

Sun May 21, 2017 9:24 pm

pompey blue wrote:He averaged five goals a game .been poor all season

That is excellent for a striker - oops just remembered he's a GK

Sun May 21, 2017 10:14 pm

He was average at best for us when he signed and there were doubts about him keeping the shirt. However, that season in the Premier was a world class effort.
We would have been destroyed without him. :bluebird:

Sun May 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Bluemellons wrote:He was average at best for us when he signed and there were doubts about him keeping the shirt. However, that season in the Premier was a world class effort.

You were destroyed. You finished bottom

Sun May 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Bluemellons wrote:He was average at best for us when he signed and there were doubts about him keeping the shirt. However, that season in the Premier was a world class effort.

we were destroyed. we were bottom and conceded 74 goals.
sorry i dont buy into the rest of the team were much poorer than that but he saved us. he was part of a poor team.

Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 am

dogfound wrote:

sorry i dont buy into the rest of the team were much poorer than that but he saved us. he was part of a poor team.

Remarkable that some people's memories change once a player leaves !!

It is without dispute that Marshall was as good as any keeper around in our promotion and Prem seasons. Many of the TV pundits voted him best keeper in the Prem for God's sake !!

Time and time again he saved us. He actually won points for us.

So stop being stupid and recognise how good he is !!

I suppose next you'll be saying you'd rather have Moore, Amos, Wilson or any other of the numpties that have tried to replace him.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat !!

Mon May 22, 2017 7:16 am

It has been a disasterous move for him.

Shame he played for Scotland. He would have qualified for Wales through residency and with him we could have gone on to win the Euro last year.

Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am

Just watched the goals on Match of the Day. Hull were awful, but for 5 of the 7 goals Marshall was stood upright not even moving. This was a worrying trend during his last season or two with us. His confidence looks shot and I'm not sure I'd want him back in that form. Difficult to say who'd be prepared to take him at the moment.

Mon May 22, 2017 10:27 am

I was a massive fan of Marshall during his lengthy stint with us but he's not the player he was.

Reluctantly, I'm not in favour of his return.

Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am

He didn't want to go and maybe that's affected his form ?

It's happened to plenty of players we've signed before ; Le Fondre, Brayford, Adeyemi, etc. Maybe just needs to be at a place he's comfortable? Stranger things have happened.

Mon May 22, 2017 11:47 am

In his prime he had a good season, not good enough for big money real offers to be rejected though when we were relegated though.

Its Hulls problem now. Three keepers on decent contracts will hurt them, one will have to go, maybe the two Scots, but the severance pay will be excessive. Maybe a one season loan, with us paying 50% salary may work for all three parties.

Of course we'd love him back, but he is on the downgrade. The youngster from Walsall (on his way up) fighting for the jersey with him may be good for us and allow us to spend the cash elsewhere.

Mon May 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Amazing how some people on here forget how good Marshall actually was at Cardiff. He was part of an amazing promotion season and pulled off some amazing saves to get us 0-0 draws and 1-0 wins, he was the best GK in the premier league and without him we would have been relegated by January, and even in the Russell Slade era, he was keeping us in the play off race and without him we would have finished mid table for sure. Remember people form is temporary class is permanent, and I would welcome Marshy back in a heartbeat. :bluebird:

Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 am

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Remarkable that some people's memories change once a player leaves !!

It is without dispute that Marshall was as good as any keeper around in our promotion and Prem seasons. Many of the TV pundits voted him best keeper in the Prem for God's sake !!

Time and time again he saved us. He actually won points for us.

So stop being stupid and recognise how good he is !!

I suppose next you'll be saying you'd rather have Moore, Amos, Wilson or any other of the numpties that have tried to replace him.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat !!

im afraid managers and clubs make offers not pundits.and truth is we didnt have any offers despite him being the best keeper in the prem.?
i havent changed my opinion either, never bought into the superman stuff. he had faults but was a good shot stopper . had faults but was adequate .
thats my opinion. sorry its different to yours but eh oh.