Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

celtic invincible

Sun May 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Amazing achievement by CELTIC going the whole season unbeaten,i know people may say the opposition is poor and i cannot argue with that but when you think the last time a club in Scotland did that rangers it was 118 years ago and they only played 18 games.Not only have Celtic gone unbeaten they smashed all other records points tally 106,goal tally 106.Well done you bhoys in green

Re: celtic invincible

Sun May 21, 2017 7:27 pm

speed58 wrote:Amazing achievement by CELTIC going the whole season unbeaten,i know people may say the opposition is poor and i cannot argue with that but when you think the last time a club in Scotland did that rangers it was 118 years ago and they only played 18 games.Not only have Celtic gone unbeaten they smashed all other records points tally 106,goal tally 106.Well done you bhoys in green

No competition what so ever my dad could win that league as celtic manager. Brendan Rogers you haven't done anything special mate.

Sun May 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Brendan rogers and Celtic have done something that hasn't been done for 118 years,nothing special really?

Sun May 21, 2017 7:53 pm

What Arsenal did was special, this is embarrassing.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:07 pm

30 30 points between top and second tells you it's a mismatch .

Even Slade would win title hands down.

Let's see how they do in Champions league this time around.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:25 pm

What going the season unbeaten is embarrassing?

Sun May 21, 2017 8:32 pm

speed58 wrote:What going the season unbeaten is embarrassing?

Celebrating it is embrassing, my Sunday league pub side would win that league.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:35 pm

if it is so easy to do why hasn't been done for 118 years,surely Celtic have every right to celebrate

Sun May 21, 2017 8:43 pm

The league is shit

Sun May 21, 2017 8:43 pm

speed58 wrote:if it is so easy to do why hasn't been done for 118 years,surely Celtic have every right to celebrate

Of course they do I just think it's embarrassing, the league hasn't been this poor for 118 years.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:The league is shit

Stinks of it

Sun May 21, 2017 8:53 pm

We will see how good Celtic are in the CL next season. Scottish football has never been much good to an outsider but by f**k haven't it gone downhill now that Rangers are no force.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm

I am a Cardiff City Fan first and foremost but have always had a favorite team etc from most countries as most people do, ie I prefer Real Madrid to Barcelona and I prefer Rangers to Celtic but I have to admit that for Celtic to go the whole season unbeaten is impressive, irrespective of how poor the division is overall, for them not go the whole season and not slip up is an achievement and sometimes you just have to say well done,

Sun May 21, 2017 9:18 pm

I think the standard is pretty poor but to go unbeaten and win that many games is very impressive especially as they're everyone's cup final.
Be interesting to see what they do in the champions league if they avoid group like last year. Gotta make it through the qualifiers first.

Sun May 21, 2017 10:32 pm

I saw some of the game earlier the standard was Piss poor. Lower championship standard at very best.

Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 pm

speed58 wrote:Brendan rogers and Celtic have done something that hasn't been done for 118 years,nothing special really?

New Saints broke the world record for straight wins ..27.. earlier this season . not much celebrations on here for that either.

Mon May 22, 2017 4:26 pm

"Celtic are shit" made me laugh, they have a support base we could only dream about, champions league football and players we couldn't sign if we wanted to. the league might be a poor standard, but aslong as they continue to pick up points in Europe they will continue to improve their co-efficiency points which will ultimately lead to better European places for the teams in that league. which will bring better players etc.

Mon May 22, 2017 7:06 pm

bluebird04 wrote:"Celtic are shit" made me laugh, they have a support base we could only dream about, champions league football and players we couldn't sign if we wanted to. the league might be a poor standard, but aslong as they continue to pick up points in Europe they will continue to improve their co-efficiency points which will ultimately lead to better European places for the teams in that league. which will bring better players etc.

will take a hell of a lot more than Celtic getting a couple of results for Scotlands European places and amount of representatives to improve.
putting the cart before the horse here,the league being stronger and players it attracts being better comes first and then their European ranking might improve.

Mon May 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Not being funny here, there isn't alot of quality up here, however to go through a league season unbeaten is special at any level. For every bit of shit up here there is the same bit of shit down south. Who was at Barnsley in April ffs?

Now hopefully Aberdeen can stop them winning the Scottish Cup this weekend.