Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' TONY PULIS WANTS CARDIFF CITY '

Mon May 22, 2017 5:05 pm

West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Pulis wants the Bluebirds back in the top flight

"It's lovely having Swansea City there, but the Premier League needs Cardiff City" — West Brom boss Tony Pulis

West Brom manager Tony Pulis believes Cardiff City's return to the Premier League is vital to the development of Welsh football.

Pulis, whose Baggies outfit lost 2-1 to Swansea City on Sunday, praised Paul Clement's achievements in helping the Swans beat the drop this season. But he insisted the Welsh capital must be represented in the top flight sooner rather than later.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is targeting promotion next season and Newport-born Pulis would love to see the Bluebirds back after more than three seasons away. Cardiff were relegated in May 2014 and have stuttered in their attempts to return to the big time.

"I think it's important that people realise that Cardiff is the capital city,"Pulis told BBC Sport.

"It's lovely having Swansea there and they have definitely out-performed Cardiff over the years, but we need to get that city and that football club back into the Premier League."

Pulis also welcomed the hosting of the Champions League final in Cardiff as another fantastic feat for football in Wales, and in Cardiff.

Real Madrid and Juventus will lock horns in the European showpiece on June 3 with the eyes of the world on the Principality Stadium.

A capacity crowd of 75,000 will descend on the stadium, plus thousands more to soak up the atmosphere.

"It (the Champions League final) is wonderful for the country," added Pulis.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Gigi Buffon are two of the stars to feature in the Champions League final and Pulis said, "To have two giants of European football is absolutely fantastic. Cardiff is now a fantastic city with wonderful facilities.

"The supporters from Italy and Spain, as long as they behave themselves, will have a wonderful time in the city. Not just watching the game, but they will be welcome with open arms by countrymen who are known for their hospitality and celebration."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TONY PULIS OFFERS SOME SENSE ON THE MATTER...

Mon May 22, 2017 5:15 pm

I've always like old Tony.

Re: ' TONY PULIS WANTS CARDIFF CITY '

Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Warnock to get us promoted then move for pulis to keep us up. No frills but managers with proven track records and both a fit with the Cardiff populous!

Mon May 22, 2017 10:27 pm

He's right too. Sadly I fear he may be waiting a while to see it, if Warnock doesn't get us up in next 2 seasons I feel it will be a long old while before we get the chance again.

Not being negative, I do think we will have a right go next season and be there or there about's. And if we fail, the season after too, but if we fail then too i just think we won't be able to get the right man/players in and Tan may be even more restricted spending wise.

However if we get the chance to take Pulis as manager some time after that it could be written in the stars. Funny old game football

Re: TONY PULIS OFFERS SOME SENSE ON THE MATTER...

Tue May 23, 2017 8:02 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:I've always like old Tony.

:thumbup:

Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 pm

If warnock could get us up pulis would be the man to keep us there,it would make that unity between fans and club stronger also,he's one of us after all

Tue May 23, 2017 11:03 pm

No,No and No

His teams play terrible football and are generally thugs. Why anyone would want that style of football amazes me. I'd be embarrassed to have him as manager of any team I support.