Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Strong and stable......

Mon May 22, 2017 6:48 pm

My arse. Lets turn the spotlight on the Tories - although TM prefers to avoid anyone who disagrees with her.
Plenty of pro Tory threads on the forum. Many of them abusive to anyone with a different view.
We are supposed to be influenced to support the Tories who......
Began a referendum in the hope of getting a remain in EC result. Ie David Cameron supported by Theresa May etc. He promises to stay leader whatever the result. Then he resigns!! Blaming Corbyn and Labour.
Theresa May "inherits the leadership, via the Tory grandees!!
She turns turtle and is going to guide Brexit
Boris Johnson and his cohorts claim in the Brexit run up that they will invest the many many millions (forgotten the sum) then ignore that promise!!! A key factor in winning the referendum!!
Now we have Record number of urgent operations missed, and accident and emergency worst perormance.
Immigration promised in 2 previous elections to reduce to tens of thousands when net migration is Now higher than ever!!! They knew that leaving the EC would not be much help in reducing it - but pretended they could.
Now Highest tax burden ever with higher % on lower incomes
Just about managing ???but Now inflation higher than pay and benefits frozen.
More people on zero hours contracts- youngsters cant plan ahead
Now talking about helping with energy bills - a policy Ed Millibamd proposed!!
Winter fuel allowance changes total lack of clarity
Promised to reduce the national Debt and failed miserably
Manifesto pledges broken changed before the election. - social care / dementia tax U turn.
Record numbers of people needing food banks etc etc etc
All this after 7 years of tory austerity!! I was recently in cardiff centre for a few days and met some of the poor devils sleeping on the streets of my home City. It really saddened me - I dont remember it when I was a kid / young man growing up.
I still think Brexit will be very bad for the economy and I do not trust that Theresa May and the ragtag and Boris cabinet to get a good deal. Already started badly and she looks, at best, like a fish out of water with other leaders.
If she keeps saying " No deal is better than a bad deal" does she think it will inspire confidence in her.. Her only comment when confronted with failings seems to be to highlight the labour parties shortcomings and the "coalition of chaos". She says its a choice between her and Corbyn to lead the talks. Her party and the media continually bully Corbyn. Amazingly, I think HE would do a better job. At least hes won 2 leadership elections she has just inherited the leadership of her party and not proved herself. Surely more and more people can see through the veil of lies that the Tories spout. I feel sorry for you / us if you cant!

I will either vote Plaid Green or Labour. I wont be voting for making the wealthy wealthier via the Tory party who have shown WEAK AND UNSTABLE leadership. :thumbup: :bluebird:

Re: Strong and stable......

Mon May 22, 2017 6:56 pm

so the Tories ..who wanted remain..are not following up on promises they made when we leave.? which we havent yet.
try again

Mon May 22, 2017 7:01 pm

dogfound wrote:so the Tories ..who wanted remain..are not following up on promises they made when we leave.? which we havent yet.
try again

What a brilliant pithy witty response - clearly you have totally defeated all the points I have made.... NOT
Anyway after that its :wave: :wave: :bluebird:

Mon May 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Lengee wrote:
dogfound wrote:so the Tories ..who wanted remain..are not following up on promises they made when we leave.? which we havent yet.
try again

What a brilliant pithy witty response - clearly you have totally defeated all the points I have made.... NOT

i didnt read past your first point which is made up contradictory garbage. if the rest was thought out ,researched and accurate i apologise.but i doubt it

Mon May 22, 2017 8:48 pm

dogfound wrote:
Lengee wrote:
try again

i didnt read past your first point which is made up contradictory garbage. if the rest was thought out ,researched and accurate i apologise.but i doubt it

It was .....so apology accepted :thumbup: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue May 23, 2017 12:01 am

Lengee wrote:My arse. Lets turn the spotlight on the Tories - although TM prefers to avoid anyone who disagrees with her.
Plenty of pro Tory threads on the forum. Many of them abusive to anyone with a different view.
Began a referendum in the hope of getting a remain in EC result. Ie David Cameron supported by Theresa May etc. He promises to stay leader whatever the result. Then he resigns!! Blaming Corbyn and Labour.
Boris Johnson and his cohorts claim in the Brexit run up that they will invest the many many millions (forgotten the sum) then ignore that promise!!! A key factor in winning the referendum!!
Now we have Record number of urgent operations missed, and accident and emergency worst perormance.
Immigration promised in 2 previous elections to reduce to tens of thousands when net migration is Now higher than ever!!! They knew that leaving the EC would not be much help in reducing it - but pretended they could.
Manifesto pledges broken changed before the election. - social care / dementia tax U turn.
All this after 7 years of tory austerity!! I was recently in cardiff centre for a few days and met some of the poor devils sleeping on the streets of my home City. It really saddened me - I dont remember it when I was a kid / young man growing up.
I still think Brexit will be very bad for the economy and I do not trust that Theresa May and the ragtag and Boris cabinet to get a good deal. Already started badly and she looks, at best, like a fish out of water with other leaders.
If she keeps saying " No deal is better than a bad deal" does she think it will inspire confidence in her.. Her only comment when confronted with failings seems to be to highlight the labour parties shortcomings and the "coalition of chaos". She says its a choice between her and Corbyn to lead the talks. Her party and the media continually bully Corbyn. Amazingly, I think HE would do a better job. At least hes won 2 leadership elections she has just inherited the leadership of her party and not proved herself. Surely more and more people can see through the veil of lies that the Tories spout. I feel sorry for you / us if you cant!

I will either vote Plaid Green or Labour. I wont be voting for making the wealthy wealthier via the Tory party who have shown WEAK AND UNSTABLE leadership. :thumbup: :bluebird:

Tue May 23, 2017 12:02 am

neathbluebird wrote:
Lengee wrote:My arse. Lets turn the spotlight on the Tories - although TM prefers to avoid anyone who disagrees with her.

agree with you mate...vote anything but tory

Tue May 23, 2017 12:17 pm

This woman is about as strong as a chocolate teapot and as stable as a drunken schizophrenic. She's a scary joke and will be eaten alive by the European Brexit negotiators. Pity help us but you reap what you sow!

Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 pm

City Slicker wrote:This woman is about as strong as a chocolate teapot and as stable as a drunken schizophrenic. She's a scary joke and will be eaten alive by the European Brexit negotiators. Pity help us but you reap what you sow!

yes AND the bitch is a terrorist sympathiser wants to downgrade our armed forces and do the dirty on the Falkland islanders.
oops thats the other one.
maybe chocolate teapot /drunken schitzo name calling was a good effort after all.

Wed May 24, 2017 9:41 am

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:This woman is about as strong as a chocolate teapot and as stable as a drunken schizophrenic. She's a scary joke and will be eaten alive by the European Brexit negotiators. Pity help us but you reap what you sow!

yes AND the bitch is a terrorist sympathiser wants to downgrade our armed forces and do the dirty on the Falkland islanders.
maybe chocolate teapot /drunken schitzo name calling was a good effort after all.

Mate the forces is already downscaling massively, don't believe everything these politicians feed you that's a terrible mistake too many people make. Don't be one of them. Don't let them use the fear from the media to play on their lies about what they are going to do and what they arnt. It's all lies.

Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 am

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Mate the forces is already downscaling massively, don't believe everything these politicians feed you that's a terrible mistake too many people make. Don't be one of them. Don't let them use the fear from the media to play on their lies about what they are going to do and what they arnt. It's all lies.

Don't need massive armed forces any more. The next war won't be fought in muddy trenches. Everything is computerised. Even bombs are dropped from aircraft controlled by a man or a woman often sitting in a room thousands of miles away. A handful of people sitting in a concrete bunker can press a few buttons on a computer and destroy half the planet.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Don't need massive armed forces any more. The next war won't be fought in muddy trenches. Everything is computerised. Even bombs are dropped from aircraft controlled by a man or a woman often sitting in a room thousands of miles away. A handful of people sitting in a concrete bunker can press a few buttons on a computer and destroy half the planet.

Plenty of British servicemen have died in Iraq or Afghanistan (to name just two war-torn countries) in recent years Steve, so obviously men (and women) on the ground are still required; preferably with the tools to do the job

You are correct that more and more weaponry is 'remote' but a lot of the work still has to be carried out on the ground and nubbsy is well in a position to know what is going on currently

Any Government (Labour under Blair particularly) are amongst the biggest tellers of untruths out there, as my own former colleagues will attest. Praised publicly (usually when the proverbial hits the fan) and stabbed in the back privately by some pretty politically ambitious people with no concern for anyone or anything but their own aggrandisement

We need to support all those that serve and protect our country; militarily or otherwise right now :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Do you think it takes a handful people to deploy, run and maintain an aircraft?

Drones may be used to drop bombs but they can only carry out a small percentage of tasks.

We're already fighting a war, and with everything that's going the military is hugely undermanned.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:30 pm

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i love these dont believe the media posts...i dont..but..im far more likely to believe main stream media than the tinfoil blog people tbh. blokes that aspire to replace the shit journos we have but fail..
anyway try listening to what mr Corbyn has said all of his political life. try looking at his voting record. he has constantly been at odds with the government {no matter who is in power }.at odds with his own party in opposition. and at present at odds most of the time with his own shadow defence secretary.
its not lies. its the truth.

Wed May 24, 2017 1:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Drones may be used to drop bombs but they can only carry out a small percentage of tasks.

We're already fighting a war, and with everything that's going the military is hugely undermanned.

I don't see how our aircraft are going to stop acts of terrorism on our own shores. The battle against these cells who have infiltrated our country, or those that have been radicalised will only be halted by intelligence, and that includes people within their own communities standing up against them. As I am certain you know, governments are far more reluctant in this day and age to commit thousands of ground troops to a situation, and I know through personal experience that it takes more than a pilot to keep a Typhoon or a Tornado in the air. The primary aim of the RAF is to protect Britain and it's interests, and they are going to be very limited in what they can do when considering what happened in Manchester. We are entering a whole new type of warfare, where intelligence and computers are going to play a pivotal role.

Wed May 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I don't see how our aircraft are going to stop acts of terrorism on our own shores. The battle against these cells who have infiltrated our country, or those that have been radicalised will only be halted by intelligence, and that includes people within their own communities standing up against them. As I am certain you know, governments are far more reluctant in this day and age to commit thousands of ground troops to a situation, and I know through personal experience that it takes more than a pilot to keep a Typhoon or a Tornado in the air. The primary aim of the RAF is to protect Britain and it's interests, and they are going to be very limited in what they can do when considering what happened in Manchester. We are entering a whole new type of warfare, where intelligence and computers are going to play a pivotal role.

I agree with this post amazing

Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I agree, dropping bombs won't help to win the psychological battle that's going on it will only incite hatred which is exactly what the terrorists are trying to do in order to cause a divide.

I wasn't saying that we should or shouldn't be sending more people/aircraft overseas. Just that we are, and we haven't got the resources to keep up with the demand despite the people thinking that the tories are massively backing the military we are getting hit just as hard as anyone else.

My original point to dogfound was that just because May says they are backing the military doesn't make it true.

Wed May 24, 2017 2:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i love these dont believe the media posts...i dont..but..im far more likely to believe main stream media than the tinfoil blog people tbh. blokes that aspire to replace the shit journos we have but fail..
anyway try listening to what mr Corbyn has said all of his political life. try looking at his voting record. he has constantly been at odds with the government {no matter who is in power }.at odds with his own party in opposition. and at present at odds most of the time with his own shadow defence secretary.

I don't really care how many rows corbyn has had. Haven't we spent most of our lives looking at the government and disagreeing? Likely that all the other guys are selfish power hungry arse holes too. they are politicians after all.

Listen I don't want to get into a full on political debate, they are all full of shit as far as I'm concerned labour and torries. I'm just a bit bemused at the amount of people that get fooled by them.

Britain's richest 1% have as much wealth as Britain's poorest 50%. But where do they look when they're buddies put our country into an economic crash? Not left and right.. Down at you and me. We're paying for their crimes whilst they're swanning around Scot free whilst Britain's people put votes in their pockets. There's something findamentaly wrong with the whole situation if you ask me.

Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I don't really care how many rows corbyn has had. Haven't we spent most of our lives looking at the government and disagreeing? Likely that all the other guys are selfish power hungry arse holes too. they are politicians after all.

Listen I don't want to get into a full on political debate, they are all full of shit as far as I'm concerned labour and torries. I'm just a bit bemused at the amount of people that get fooled by them.

Britain's richest 1% have as much wealth as Britain's poorest 50%. But where do they look when they're buddies put our country into an economic crash? Not left and right.. Down at you and me. We're paying for their crimes whilst they're swanning around Scot free whilst Britain's people put votes in their pockets. There's something findamentaly wrong with the whole situation if you ask me.

my post was in reply to yours where i was told to not be fooled..

i wasnt fooled .
as for taxes ive always worked,and always been prepared to contribute fairly. which has been the case no matter what government..but as for paying for things i havent agreed with im afraid Labour win that hands down.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 am

Strong and stable - Seems that lots of people eventually thought the same. No mandate and now greater uncertainty!
Is she really "capable" enough to undertake the Brexit talks? Wasted so much time and seemed to use it as a threat " we need to start negotiations in 11 days etc.."
The Brexit (which I never wanted and still dont) should have started before now! She undertook an unnecessary election which wasted more time.
We have May first against Brexit, then in favour of a hard Brexit and now will she be going for a Soft Brexit? The other EU Countries are happy to start negotiations. What a shambles!!
:bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 pm

The jelly is not for turning!

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Rotherham defence last season was stronger and more stable than that motley crew! :D

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Doubt Murdoch et al will be very pleased with her pathetic performance. Good riddance to her, she is a nasty piece of work - the people decided they didn't like what they saw from her and thank god for that.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:39 pm

mugsy wrote:Rotherham defence last season was stronger and more stable than that motley crew! :D

The poor frightened little rabbit is all aquiver!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:59 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:

Doubt Murdoch et al will be very pleased with her pathetic performance. Good riddance to her, she is a nasty piece of work - the people decided they didn't like what they saw from her and thank god for that.

you obviously havent seen the result and got it recorded to watch later.

i wont spoil it for you but id stock up on anti depressants

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

you obviously havent seen the result and got it recorded to watch later.

i wont spoil it for you but id stock up on anti depressants

Did you post this on Thursday before the Exit Poll and somehow this has only just landed out of the ether? If you've been asleep I'll remind you today is Saturday!