Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Declan John ? '

Tue May 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Is time up for Declan John?

Declan John has been an enigma of recent years at Cardiff City and time is running out for the full-back.

He was heavily praised for his performances during the sole Premier League season but he has never shown such form since the Bluebirds’ return to the second tier.

He has been in-and-out like few others across the last few years, and he has had to make do with a few cameos from the bench under Neil Warnock.

You get the impression Warnock still hasn’t made his mind up about the 21-year-old, but with his contract expiring next summer, it’s a do-or-die season for John.

He will need a very good pre-season to find himself if the boss’ immediate plans and to oust consistent players like Jazz Richards and Scott Bennett.

It’s not beyond him and there’s no doubting he has talent, but he will need to approach the season with a very good attitude and work on his defensive game to become a big part of Cardiff City’s 2017/18 campaign.

Re: ' Declan John ? '

Tue May 23, 2017 11:48 pm

I always felt that Declan lacked an end product during his time in the team but he seemed to have enough about him to improve. However, since Malky went, it appears that successive managers have failed to get a tune out off him and he appears to have gone backwards at speed

Maybe Neil Warnock can get the best out of him and that would be good for him, the club and the fans who see him as one of their own

Sadly, my feeling is that his time is effectively up and a move this summer may well be on the cards :(

Wed May 24, 2017 7:33 am

he needs to get out of the club to continue his career elsewhere. He certainly isnt a bad footballer, and will find a good club in league 1 i think

Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 am

Sven wrote:I always felt that Declan lacked an end product during his time in the team but he seemed to have enough about him to improve. However, since Malky went, it appears that successive managers have failed to get a tune out off him and he appears to have gone backwards at speed

Maybe Neil Warnock can get the best out of him and that would be good for him, the club and the fans who see him as one of their own

Sadly, my feeling is that his time is effectively up and a move this summer may well be on the cards :(

although it was MM that gave him his debut i think it was OGS that showed most faith in him Sven.
i agree time up. time to move on i dont think its good for player or club to be in this never ending situ