Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Manchester Bomber was from a Libyan Refugee family

Tue May 23, 2017 5:26 pm

The suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured dozens more at the Manchester Arena has been named as 22-year-old Salman Abedi.

The Telegraph

Tuesday 23rd May 2017

Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

His parents were both born in Libya but appear to have emigrated to London before moving to the Fallowfield area of south Manchester where they have lived for at least ten years.

They had three sons in total and a daughter, who is now 18-years-old.

Abedi grew up in the Whalley Range area, just yards from the local girl's high school, which hit the headlines in 2015 when twins and grade A pupils, Zahra and Salma Halane, who were both aspiring medical students, left their homes and moved to Isil controlled Syria.

Re: The Manchester Bomber was from a Libyan Refugee family

Tue May 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Bastards

Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:The suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured dozens more at the Manchester Arena has been named as 22-year-old Salman Abedi.

The Telegraph

Tuesday 23rd May 2017

Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

His parents were both born in Libya but appear to have emigrated to London before moving to the Fallowfield area of south Manchester where they have lived for at least ten years.

Abedi grew up in the Whalley Range area, just yards from the local girl's high school, which hit the headlines in 2015 when twins and grade A pupils, Zahra and Salma Halane, who were both aspiring medical students, left their homes and moved to Isil controlled Syria.

i think the title is a little insensitive. no one wants these people in our country but im sure the evil cunts parents are devastated.

End of the day the man was born in the UK, like most of the people who commit these acts. How do we stop these people from falling into the wrong hands? i dont know the answer, but blaming immigrants isnt the way to do it.

Wed May 24, 2017 9:00 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured dozens more at the Manchester Arena has been named as 22-year-old Salman Abedi.

The Telegraph

Tuesday 23rd May 2017

i think the title is a little insensitive. no one wants these people in our country but im sure the evil cunts parents are devastated.

End of the day the man was born in the UK, like most of the people who commit these acts. How do we stop these people from falling into the wrong hands? i dont know the answer, but blaming immigrants isnt the way to do it.

I believe the muslim community could do more to help, they know these people they must see changes in there views/behaviour. :thumbup:

Wed May 24, 2017 9:26 am

If any country was carrying out bombing and murders on Canada, Canada would obviously stop travel from that country into Canada. Would that be racist? No of course not.

We are currently being murdered by a strain of Islam. Surely the sensible thing would be to now stop travel and immigration from Muslim countries? If his parents were denied entry 20 years ago due to their country of origin being a high risk - then those 22 kids and parents would still be alive today.

Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 am

SnackaJack wrote:If any country was carrying out bombing and murders on Canada, Canada would obviously stop travel from that country into Canada. Would that be racist? No of course not.

We are currently being murdered by a strain of Islam. Surely the sensible thing would be to now stop travel and immigration from Muslim countries? If his parents were denied entry 20 years ago due to their country of origin being a high risk - then those 22 kids and parents would still be alive today.

Makes sense but these migrants are a result of the British Government bombing these countries.

Wed May 24, 2017 11:16 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:If any country was carrying out bombing and murders on Canada, Canada would obviously stop travel from that country into Canada. Would that be racist? No of course not.

Makes sense but these migrants are a result of the British Government bombing these countries.

Which is also utterly despicable. I have been quite outspoken about my views regarding our foreign policies. If I was a Syrian, Libyan etc then I would probably grow up hating the west too.

But continuing these foreign policies while allowing the fallout to come here and live is asking for trouble. All high risk immigration must stop now, don't replace this suicide bomber with another, or another equally susceptible to become radicalised on our own shores.

We as a nation can then do something about our foreign policies by voting in the party that does not want these conflicts.

Wed May 24, 2017 11:53 am

Think the people of manchester want solidarity not hatred.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/23/mancunian ... s-6655982/

Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 pm

rustyblue wrote:Think the people of manchester want solidarity not hatred.

Nobody is preaching hatred. That is a mistake made time and time again against anyone who makes the most common sense of observations. If we use my Canada getting bombed by a small part of the UK example. If as a result nobody from the UK could travel there, would you feel hated? Persecuted? I doubt it. I would imagine we would have complete understanding with Canada and only have hatred from those fellow Brits murdering them.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

Nobody is preaching hatred. That is a mistake made time and time again against anyone who makes the most common sense of observations. If we use my Canada getting bombed by a small part of the UK example. If as a result nobody from the UK could travel there, would you feel hated? Persecuted? I doubt it. I would imagine we would have complete understanding with Canada and only have hatred from those fellow Brits murdering them.

what makes you think canada would close its borders though lol

Wed May 24, 2017 12:04 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Because it is the natural course of action to close travel from a country that is murdering your citizens on your own shores.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Because it is the natural course of action to close travel from a country that is murdering your citizens on your own shores.

Canada are liberal as f**k they wouldnt do that

also the guy wasnt Libyan he was british!

Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 pm

3 weeks ago, before I went on holiday, I was asked if I wanted to photograph that concert. I normally share concert duties with Matt a friend of mine who also does football.

Rather naively I didnt realise how famous she was so, conscious that it was also my first week back, I let Matt do the gig - thankfully he is ok but we both realise we had a close call.

I respect peoples views on the religious beliefs of these terrorists but people who target kids are not Muslims. They are a group of people who have created their own warped religion that they try to pass off as Islam. Anyone who knows a little about the Koran will appreciate that Muslims abhor killing and many of my Islamic Friends (up here in Manchester) are equally as horrified as the rest of us.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 pm

It is easy to be liberal when you are not being murdered, that would test even the most liberal of attitudes.

As for the terrorist he was British born to Libyan immigrant parents. If we stopped immigration from high risk countries he wouldn't be here. The Koran is so divisive that anyone has the potential to be radicalised, inviting them in their droves over here generation after generation is going to increase the chance of radicalised youths whether born here or not. The vast majority are very watered down with their views and are part of a nice community, i am sure most recognise that. But unfortunately it is the few that are spoiling it for the mass. These attacks will continue and continue and continue - we all know that.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:38 pm

SnackaJack wrote:It is easy to be liberal when you are not being murdered, that would test even the most liberal of attitudes.

As for the terrorist he was British born to Libyan immigrant parents. If we stopped immigration from high risk countries he wouldn't be here. The Koran is so divisive that anyone has the potential to be radicalised, inviting them in their droves over here generation after generation is going to increase the chance of radicalised youths whether born here or not. The vast majority are very watered down with their views and are part of a nice community, i am sure most recognise that. But unfortunately it is the few that are spoiling it for the mass. These attacks will continue and continue and continue - we all know that.

I do agree with that. Many up here still remember the IRA bombs at the Arndale Centre and in Warrington and as we all know it took a huge amount of dialogue to resolve the IRA problem. There are clearly many decent people, of all religions, but I do wonder whether our borders should be more like Canada and Australia - and I agree that there should be closer scrutiny of people travelling to specific parts of the world.

What really hit home for me was listening to Theresa May and looking at the Tory Manifesto. Her 5 Giant challenges are:
a) A strong econonmy
b) Brexit
c) Social Divisions - and bringing the north/south divide closer
d) The Ageing Society
e) Fast changing technology

Boll0cks!!

What we need is a government who is prepared to sort this mess out and create an environment where people of all faiths feel safe living here. If Cobra, MI5, MI6 and whoever else is involved cant stop kids being targeted then they need to be released of their authority and someone put in who can deal with it. And rather than spending more ££ on weapons that kill we need to start spending that money on funding the police (to protect us) and the hospitals (to keep us alive).

Wed May 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Agree 100%

Wed May 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:3 weeks ago, before I went on holiday, I was asked if I wanted to photograph that concert. I normally share concert duties with Matt a friend of mine who also does football.

Rather naively I didnt realise how famous she was so, conscious that it was also my first week back, I let Matt do the gig - thankfully he is ok but we both realise we had a close call.

I respect peoples views on the religious beliefs of these terrorists but people who target kids are not Muslims. They are a group of people who have created their own warped religion that they try to pass off as Islam. Anyone who knows a little about the Koran will appreciate that Muslims abhor killing and many of my Islamic Friends (up here in Manchester) are equally as horrified as the rest of us.

these horrified islamic friends, and their friends really need to step up here mate.
i believe we have a huge problem and its something i didnt believe a few years back. the more we here about muslim rape gangs . and the more our children get slaughtered by suicide bombers the more people will believe as i do. which tbh { thinking we have a problem with a section of our society } aint good.