UPDATED / BREAKING SKY SPORTS NEWS AS ALLARDYCE QUITS AND

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 pm

BREAKING NEWS

23/05/17

Sam Allardyce resigns as Crystal Palace manager and says he has no intention of managing again.

Allardyce says he is quitting football for personal reasons and there has been no fall-out with Palace chairman Steve Parish.

Allardyce: "I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and when I’m still relatively healthy, even if I’m beginning to feel all my 62 years.

“This is not about transfer targets, club finances or anything along those lines. This is me taking the decision I believe is right for my family and myself.

“I would like to thank everybody for their messages of support since the news broke. I’ve no doubt I will miss management but I certainly have no regrets at this decision.”

SKY SPORTS NEWS

23/05/17

Sam Allardyce: Crystal Palace manager quits - Sunderland fans demand return
SAM ALLARDYCE has reportedly quit Crystal Palace and Sunderland fans are desperate for him to return.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING SKY SPORTS NEWS AS ALLARDYCE QUITS AND

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue May 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Nothing to do with money / transfers - No fall out at the club - a family and personal matter - says SAM
TopCat CCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Chris Coleman has been made 5/2 favourite to replace him. Early prices:

Chris Coleman 5/2
Claudio Ranieri 4/1
Slavisa Jokanovic 6/1
Marco Silva 8/1
Roy Hodgson 10/1
Aitor Karanka 12/1
Brendan Rodgers 12/1
Ryan Giggs 12/1
David Wagner 14/1
Sean Dyche 14/1
Gus Hiddink 14/1
Jaap Stam 14/1
Martin O'Neill 16/1
Roberto Mancini 16/1
Nigel Pearson 20/1
Alan Pardew 20/1
David Moyes 20/1
Keith Millen 20/1
Alex Neil 20/1
Garry Monk 25/1
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Chinese whispers already developing! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 23, 2017 8:47 pm

He done the job he was brought into do, no doubt he will Sav some other prem team next season.
BobbyBlue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue May 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Sounds like he has had enough at the moment - taking time off from the game :o
TopCat CCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 23, 2017 9:04 pm

SAM ALLARDYCE'S STATEMENT - FROM CRYSTAL PALACE'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

In some ways, this has been a very difficult decision to make, but in others it has been a simple one.

I will always be grateful to Crystal Palace and Steve Parish for giving me the opportunity to go out with my head held high having helped keep the club in the Premier League.

More than that, they gave me a chance of rebuilding my reputation after what happened with England. I felt I needed another shot at being a Premier League manager and showing that I still had the ability to achieve something significant. As I said last weekend, Palace gave me the chance of rehabilitation.

That’s why it’s hard walking away now. I think the club are heading in the right direction with a hugely supportive board of directors, a great squad of players and some of the most passionate fans I’ve ever met. It’s been a privilege to have worked here for the past five months.

But there comes a time when you have to take stock of what direction you want your life to take - and that’s been the simple part for me.

I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and when I’m still relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager.

This is the right time for me. I have no ambitions to take another job, I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.

Steve Parish has been superb during our conversations today. I know it came as a shock to him that I would walk away but our discussions have been incredibly civilised with no recriminations and no fall-out.

This is not about transfer targets, finances or anything along those lines. This is me taking the decision I believe is right for my family and myself.

I would like to thank everybody for their messages of support since the news broke. I’ve no doubt I will miss management, but I certainly have no regrets at this decision.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Re: UPDATED / BREAKING SKY SPORTS NEWS AS ALLARDYCE QUITS AN

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 23, 2017 9:04 pm

BREAKING NEWS

23/05/17

Sam Allardyce resigns as Crystal Palace manager and says he has no intention of managing again.

Allardyce says he is quitting football for personal reasons and there has been no fall-out with Palace chairman Steve Parish.

Allardyce: "I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and when I’m still relatively healthy, even if I’m beginning to feel all my 62 years.

“This is not about transfer targets, club finances or anything along those lines. This is me taking the decision I believe is right for my family and myself.

“I would like to thank everybody for their messages of support since the news broke. I’ve no doubt I will miss management but I certainly have no regrets at this decision.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm

NEXT CRYSTAL PALACE BOSS ODDS

23/05/17

Former Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri has emerged as the favourite to replace Sam Allardyce as Crystal Palace boss at 5/2.

The Italian has been out of work since being sacked by the Foxes in February following a poor defence of their shock Premier League title success the previous season.
Former Eagles defender Chris Coleman, who is currently manager of Wales, is next in the running at 4/1 having initially been made the early favourite.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is 6/1 after an impressive season which saw him take the Cottagers into the play-offs, where they lost to Reading in the semi-finals, while Hull manager Marco Silva is 8/1.

Former England manager Roy Hodgson was an early front runner at 4/1 but he's since drifted to 10/1 while the likes of Aitor Karanka (12/1), Brendan Rodgers (12/1) and Ryan Giggs (12/1) are also notable outsiders.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Here’s more from Allardyce...

“This is the right time for me, I know that in my heart. I have no ambitions to take another job, I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.

“Steve Parish has been superb during our conversations today. I know it came as a shock to him that I would walk away but our discussions have been incredibly civilised with no recriminations and no fall-out.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Tue May 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:BREAKING NEWS

Here’s more from Allardyce...

“This is the right time for me, I know that in my heart. I have no ambitions to take another job, I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.

“Steve Parish has been superb during our conversations today. I know it came as a shock to him that I would walk away but our discussions have been incredibly civilised with no recriminations and no fall-out.

TalkSport were discussing the possibility of Big Sam going to China for two years and (in fairness) were of the opinion that he was still capable of winning a trophy at home

However, reading his statement, it appears that perhaps the trauma of what (mainly through his own making) he had to endure over the last year has finally caught up with him and he needs to take time out and refocus on the things that really matter, i.e. his supportive family

I lost respect for Big Sam over the England debacle but no one can say he isn't a good manager able to work with limited resources and I wish him all the best in whatever he chooses to do next :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby BigPhilG » Tue May 23, 2017 11:06 pm

If Moyes takes over that's Palace relegated
BigPhilG

Postby nubbsy » Wed May 24, 2017 8:04 am

Scumbag who shafted his own national team
nubbsy

Postby azz_ccfc » Wed May 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Poor old Martyn Margetson :lol:

Hope he rots in Palace now :wave:
azz_ccfc

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed May 24, 2017 7:34 pm

good, I'm glad that crook has left football, arrogant t***. could never stand him.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed May 24, 2017 10:17 pm

It was suggested today that the reason for him leaving so suddenly was that one of the victims of the manachestef bombing was a close family friend, and this is why no one had any inclination about his decision, does seem to fit with his statement ?
Welsh Exile

Return to General Chat