Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" POLITICIANS HAVE SOLD US OUT "

Wed May 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Nail on the head imo

Re: " POLITICIANS HAVE SOLD US OUT "

Wed May 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Bluebird1977 - at the point that he said "I was in prison with the terrorist" I googled him....

Tommy Robinson
Born
Stephen Christopher Yaxley
27 November 1982 (age 34)
Luton, England

Residence
Luton, Bedfordshire, England

Nationality
British

Citizenship
British

Occupation
Sunbed shop owner

Years active
2009 – present[1]

Known for
Former leader of the English Defence League and European Defence League

Political party
British National Party (2004-05)[2]
British Freedom Party (2012)[3]

Movement
European Defence League (2010 - 2013)
Pegida UK (2016 - present)

Website
Tommy Robinson at The Rebel Media

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon (born 27 November 1982), known by the pseudonym Tommy Robinson and also going by the names Andrew McMaster and Paul Harris,[4] is the co-founder[5] and former spokesman and leader of the English Defence League (EDL) "street protest" movement. He also founded the European Defence League, and for a short time in 2012 was joint party vice-chairman of the British Freedom Party. He led the EDL from 2009 until 8 October 2013, when he was persuaded to leave the organisation and discuss alternative ways of tackling extremism with the think tank Quilliam. He continued as an activist, and in 2015 became involved with the development of Pegida UK, a British chapter of the German-based Pegida organisation,[6] presenting a stated purpose to counter the "Islamisation of our countries".[7]

On 24 August 2010, Robinson was involved in a fight between supporters of Luton Town and Newport County in Luton, on the evening that the two clubs played at Kenilworth Road. Robinson reportedly led the group of Luton fans, and played an integral part in starting a 100-man brawl, during which he chanted "EDL till I die". Eleven months later, in July 2011, he was convicted of having used "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" on the night of the incident. He was given a 12-month community rehabilitation order and a three-year ban from attending football matches. He was also sentenced to 150 hours' unpaid work, and ordered to pay £650 in costs.[27]

Robinson was arrested after an EDL demonstration in Tower Hamlets on 3 September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, as he had been banned from attending that demonstration. After his arrest, Robinson began a hunger strike in custody in Bedford Prison, saying that he was a "political prisoner of the state",[28] and refused to eat what he believed was halal meat.[29] A local paper reported that Bedford Prison sources had said that the hunger strike lasted only 24 hours.[30] A handful of EDL supporters protested outside the prison in support of Robinson during his incarceration; the support peaked at a turnout of 100 protesters on 10 September.[31][32][33] Robinson was released from prison on 12 September.[34]

On 29 September 2011, he was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member at a rally in Blackburn in April that year.[35] He was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 12 months.[36] Robinson said that the assault had happened because of a confrontation with a neo-Nazi who had joined the EDL's rank and file.[37][38][39] Interviewed on BBC Three Counties Radio on 9 October 2013, the day after he had resigned from the EDL, Robinson said: "One of the things people condemn me for is having a criminal record; what they don't wish to say is that part of that criminal record is for confronting neo-Nazis in Blackburn at one of my demonstrations, where I was taken before the courts and charged for assault...during the last four years we've had in-house battles, physical battles to keep these elements out. Now I’ve got to the point—listeners can look on Youtube for 'RVF EDL', they'll see there's these Nazis and they're talking to me telling me they're going to kill me—and there are fifty of them with balaclavas on."[39]

On 8 November 2011, Robinson held a protest on the rooftop of the FIFA headquarters in Zürich against FIFA's ruling that the England national football team could not wear a Remembrance poppy symbol on their shirts. For this he was fined £3,000 and jailed for three days.[40]

In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the U.S. illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport—"possession of a false identity document with improper intention"—to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January to 10 months imprisonment.[41][42] He was sentenced under the name of Stephen Lennon, but the judge added that he suspected it was not his true name, in the sense that it was not the name on his own passport (not the borrowed one), Paul Harris. Robinson was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013.[43] On being released, Robinson told the BBC that he was dismayed to discover that the EDL's ranks had been swollen with racist and neo-Nazi supporters: "I've battled for four years to keep certain elements out of this movement, to keep it down the path that we want to take it down. And I've seen that they've been welcomed back, they're the Nazis and the fascists—they were welcomed back."

Thu May 25, 2017 12:24 am

Tommy Robinson has definitely had his hand slapped a few times. Says what he thinks and most of the time it is what other people think too but are too PC to say.

The yanks absolutely love him.

Sat May 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Stan_B wrote:The yanks absolutely love him.

They don't seem to want to let him in....

Wikipedia wrote:In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the U.S. illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport—"possession of a false identity document with improper intention"—to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January to 10 months imprisonment. He was sentenced under the name of Stephen Lennon, but the judge added that he suspected it was not his true name, in the sense that it was not the name on his own passport (not the borrowed one), Paul Harris. Robinson was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013

Sat May 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Tommy Robinsons enemy of the state book Is a cracking read.

Sat May 27, 2017 3:10 pm

On 28 November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, facing trial with five other defendants. He pleaded guilty to two charges in November 2013, and on 23 January 2014 he was sentenced to 18 months in prison

Sat May 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Dave67 wrote:On 28 November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, facing trial with five other defendants. He pleaded guilty to two charges in November 2013, and on 23 January 2014 he was sentenced to 18 months in prison

Still murphy's hero though and all the above is irrelevant ;)

Sat May 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Sven wrote:
Dave67 wrote:On 28 November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, facing trial with five other defendants. He pleaded guilty to two charges in November 2013, and on 23 January 2014 he was sentenced to 18 months in prison

Fraud don't kill people terrorism does. Everything Robinson warned us about when he first cone onto scene as happened.

Sat May 27, 2017 6:19 pm

murphy wrote:
Sven wrote:

Fraud don't kill people terrorism does. Everything Robinson warned us about when he first cone onto scene as happened.

So you're saying committing fraud is okay, then? Still makes him a criminal and it affected someone somewhere, which you appear to condone with you words above ;)

Sat May 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Sven wrote:
murphy wrote:
Sven wrote:

So you're saying committing fraud is okay, then? Still makes him a criminal and it affected someone somewhere, which you appear to condone with you words above ;)

Fraud is not ok, its not something I have done but its nothing compared to the scum he's protested against.

I rather have a fraudster living next door to me then a Islamist or a groomer any day.

Sat May 27, 2017 6:56 pm

murphy wrote:
Sven wrote:
murphy wrote:
Sven wrote:

Fraud is not ok, its not something I have done but its nothing compared to the scum he's protested against.

I rather have a fraudster living next door to me then a Islamist or a groomer any day.

Can't argue with that but Robinson is no Saint to be looked up too either :thumbright: :ayatollah: