Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A Football Fans Says He is Banned, Yet? "

Thu May 25, 2017 8:06 am

" A Football Fans Says He is Banned, Yet? "

£Millions upon £millions are spent on banning football fans, passports,signing at police stations,monitoring them and giving jobs to Police spotters, YET?

Police spotters sometimes travelling 700 mile rd trips to watch 80 football fans, when they no there will be No trouble at all.

VERY INTERESTING READ BELOW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " A Football Fans Says He is Banned Yet? "

Thu May 25, 2017 8:23 am

The guys using the situation to say to the police leave me alone.

A crime is a crime and should be dealt with and punishment enforced. This guy should not be dealt with any differently than this terrorist.

Reply Facebook

Phil Dunne
The lads bang right

He's absolutely nailed it, what a weird society we live in where someone who throws a plastic chair across a continental square or throws a punch in a football stadium sees his civil liberties curtailed while Islamists que up to join ISIS.

Thu May 25, 2017 8:25 am

Bakedalasker wrote:The guys using the situation to say to the police leave me alone.

A crime is a crime and should be dealt with and punishment enforced. This guy should not be dealt with any differently than this terrorist.

Equality before the law is a conorstone of our democracy but to suggest a football hooligan should receive the same treatment as a terrorist who blows up children......really mate.

Thu May 25, 2017 8:25 am

Reply from Facebook

Bobby Moorey

Very true as i was served a civil they said i was a threat lol This is whats wrong in Britain not (GB)

Thu May 25, 2017 8:40 am

People like this poster are ignorant and his words are designed to inflame his fellow ignoramuses.He obviously has no idea that the bill to the taxpayer keeping idiots like him under control though large is nothing compared to what is spent trying to keep us all safe from terrorists.When the IRA were bombing the mainland Britain did we lock up every catholic Irish man and women in Northern Ireland,NO,because you can't do that to innocent people.What idiots like this fella are forgetting is that ISIS are a threat to all people not just white British males.Ask any Syrian who lived under ISIS when they controlled parts of that country what it was like.As the fallout continues over this atrocity continues many searching questions will be asked and thankfully the only people that will listen to this muppet are likeminded idiots.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:03 am

Reply from Facebook

Mark Young

The so called Authorities need to get their priorities right fast!

Thu May 25, 2017 10:15 am

Try and go out and act like a grown up then, clearly have not grown up since you were 17 like the majority of us have!

Thu May 25, 2017 10:42 am

Bakedalasker wrote:The guys using the situation to say to the police leave me alone.

Yes but he makes the point of saying he hasn't been arrested or charged...

So as I understand it (and admittedly i may have this wrong) he is suspected of being a potential danger in a future crime - so is unable to attend any activities that would put him in a position to act upon that potential. Based on intelligence the police and government agencies have on him.

So surely there are clear parallels here.

Salmen Abdi was also known to authorities - probably with equal measures if not more intelligence and posed a far greater potential threat - yet was allowed far more freedoms - which ultimately ended up with him tragically acting on that potential.

Whilst I accept preventative policing against potential future crime is all a bit Minority Report and 1984 and whether that is good or bad thing is a topic for another day... the point here is that if that is the precedent set within the British legal system it should be applied to everyone regardless of ethnicity, skin colour or religion.

If someone can explain why Abdi was not subject to the same levels of restricted freedoms as this Millwall lad (who I guess was probably white working class) given that they were both potential threats according to Government intelligence - other than our legal and policing system has become paralysed by the power of political correctness then I would be genuinely interested to here it.

For me the OP highlights the fact that we have the laws in place and news reports suggest police had the intelligence to have restricted Abdi and possibly prevented this tragedy in Manchester, but didn't use them for whatever reason - although I suspect fear of accusations of Islamaphobia will have played at least some part in these decisions.

Either way the fact that he was given the freedom to conduct this atrocity is a major crime in my eyes - successive governments have let us down by continually avoiding the fact that the key overriding thing that joins all Islamic Terrorists together is Islam.

And whilst I'm not for one second stating that all muslims are terrorists, we absolutely have to name the problem in order to address it and we can no longer show those that are on terror suspect lists lenience due to a fear of being labelled Islamaphobic.

One final point on this though is that I thought the response of the people of Manchester was fantastic and also the speed of the local Muslim leaders to come out and condemn this act a barbarism was hugely refreshing and perhaps a glint of hope for the future. Ultimately the Muslim community needs to be front and centre of somehow finding the way forward through some form of more concretely expressed version of a progressive & moderate Islam that can co-exist with Western ideologies - rather than the 7th Century poison coming from the Middle East and being exported into Europe through Saudi and Qatari funded Mosques and Madrasses.

But in the interim we need to stop pussy-footing around.

Christ - is it that radical to suggest that we should put the same types of restrictions on civil freedoms on suspected terrorists that we do on suspected hooligans?

Rant Over.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:48 am

Jock wrote:

Equality before the law is a conorstone of our democracy but to suggest a football hooligan should receive the same treatment as a terrorist who blows up children......really mate.

Jock, I don't get on with Baked at all but to say he is remotely suggesting what you say is a stretch and a half even by your standards.All he is saying is all crime is a crime and should be dealt with, not they should have the same punishment.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:56 am

Whatever his motive he's got a point.

I was saying this earlier. If football fans can get done for association then why can't f*cking terrorist get done for it? Or for conspiracy?

Time to start changing some laws and legislations in the uk.

Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Try and go out and act like a grown up then, clearly have not grown up since you were 17 like the majority of us have!

How do you know that?

He got banned for three years when he was 17 and hasn't been able to go anywhere near a match for three years - and he actually states he was never arrested or charged.

Yep he might still be a right plum, but then again and for all you know, he might have grown up plenty in the last three years and be a decent young lad.

But hey you go ahead and make your judgements anyway.

Thu May 25, 2017 11:02 am

nubbsy wrote:

I was saying this earlier. If football fans can get done for association then why can't f*cking terrorist get done for it? Or for conspiracy?

Exactly my point. Summed up much better - in a lot less words. :thumbup:

Thu May 25, 2017 11:17 am

Jock wrote:

Nope not saying that at all. What I am saying is that the punishment should be enforced. What that enforcement is well that's a different subject.

Thu May 25, 2017 11:26 am

nubbsy wrote:

Jack, that is the point a football fan gets done nowadays just purely for association and banned for five years and monitored, plus has to surrender his passport. Why can't associates of terrorists ?

Thu May 25, 2017 11:29 am

nubbsy wrote:

I believe the terroroist "association" is not enforced as we like it to be because there are bigger fish in the pond to catch. Monitoring a suspect like this coward could lead to the main players. Get the main player and the whole network falls. Unfortunatley the risk here is the danger is still on the streets and we know what could happen there. It is a balancing act, get it right and the results are great, slightly wrong and it is a disaster.

For the footall scenario there is no great prize for getting a hooligan general.

Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I believe the terroroist "association" is not enforced as we like it to be because there are bigger fish in the pond to catch. Monitoring a suspect like this coward could lead to the main players. Get the main player and the whole network falls. Unfortunatley the risk here is the danger is still on the streets and we know what could happen there. It is a balancing act, get it right and the results are great, slightly wrong and it is a disaster.

For the footall scenario there is no great prize for getting a hooligan general.

I know what your saying they rely on survalience of these people for info. But it does make you think that something has to change.

Thu May 25, 2017 12:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I know what your saying they rely on survalience of these people for info. But it does make you think that something has to change.

For what its worth I don't think the relevant questions has been asked yet by the relevant people but there is a case to answer.

Thu May 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Jock wrote:

Nope not saying that at all. What I am saying is that the punishment should be enforced. What that enforcement is well that's a different subject.

Don't you think proportionality comes into it.
In these dangerous times it would be good if football casuals stopped battering each other, it would lessen pressure on the police and security services allowing them more time to concentrate on what's really important. If they need an adrenaline rush go and fill antifa in.

Thu May 25, 2017 12:42 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Try and go out and act like a grown up then, clearly have not grown up since you were 17 like the majority of us have!

How do you know that?

He got banned for three years when he was 17 and hasn't been able to go anywhere near a match for three years - and he actually states he was never arrested or charged.

Yep he might still be a right plum, but then again and for all you know, he might have grown up plenty in the last three years and be a decent young lad.

It is an opinion and a view, of course I could be totally wrong and he may well be a decent upstanding person now. We are entitled to views but to even compare suspected jihadists and football bans is a bit much. A totally diffrent set of rules and outcomes whichever way you want to paint it.

Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 pm

its too late for the police to leave him alone though.
he was taken to a civil court as a risk spectator .zero to do with the law. or breaking it.
i know a number of our fans who got banned in this manner. the judge was presented with pictures of the person in question talking to people who had been to court for football offences.{who hasnt } with a few pics of looking angry and sticking his tongue out at away fans thrown in.
yet known risks to life walk around with no restrictions.

this bloke is making a valid point .

Thu May 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:People like this poster are ignorant and his words are designed to inflame his fellow ignoramuses.He obviously has no idea that the bill to the taxpayer keeping idiots like him under control though large is nothing compared to what is spent trying to keep us all safe from terrorists.When the IRA were bombing the mainland Britain did we lock up every catholic Irish man and women in Northern Ireland,NO,because you can't do that to innocent people.What idiots like this fella are forgetting is that ISIS are a threat to all people not just white British males.Ask any Syrian who lived under ISIS when they controlled parts of that country what it was like.As the fallout continues over this atrocity continues many searching questions will be asked and thankfully the only people that will listen to this muppet are likeminded idiots.

he doesnt mention the IRA.or what goes on in Syria.or locking up muslims. he just makes a valid point that our police have taken CIVIL action against people they deem RISK SPECTATORS at football . these are not people who have broken the law.had they broken the law it wouldnt be a civil matter.

Re: " A Football Fans Says He is Banned, Yet? "

Thu May 25, 2017 2:05 pm

This guy is 100% correct. The Police can monitor and ban a few footie hoolies, but not monitor associated terorists who have stated they have an interest in Suicide bombings. :evil: :bluebird:

Re: " A Football Fans Says He is Banned, Yet? "

Thu May 25, 2017 5:24 pm

I was banned for 12 months and had to surrender my passport when Wales or ENGLAND??? played away early 90's.
It was a nightmare missing trips to Crewe, Bury, Mansfield, Stockport etc.
I was devastated at the time but with hindsight, it was a wise move. :lol:
Never understood the England ban though. What an insult!

Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

How do you know that?

It is an opinion and a view, of course I could be totally wrong and he may well be a decent upstanding person now. We are entitled to views but to even compare suspected jihadists and football bans is a bit much. A totally diffrent set of rules and outcomes whichever way you want to paint it.

Ay i agree they are different things entirely - surely thats the point the of the OP?

Potential terrorists should be viewed as a much greater threat than potential football hooligans - so why is the football fan subjected to restricted freedoms when the suspected terrorist isnt?

Thu May 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I get where your coming from but doesnt that theory fall apart when so many of the attacks are later reported to be 'lone wolf'?

Perfect example being the Westminister attacker Kahled Massoud who was apparently known to police but also reported to have acted alone?

Could travel restrictions have been placed on him as they have been for the Millwall lad in the OP? Would they have made any difference to the outcome?

Dont have the answers myself but these are the type of questions that thise in power should surely be asking?

Thu May 25, 2017 9:42 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I get where your coming from but doesnt that theory fall apart when so many of the attacks are later reported to be 'lone wolf'?

Perfect example being the Westminister attacker Kahled Massoud who was apparently known to police but also reported to have acted alone?

Could travel restrictions have been placed on him as they have been for the Millwall lad in the OP? Would they have made any difference to the outcome?

Dont have the answers myself but these are the type of questions that thise in power should surely be asking?

I don't think many of us have the answers ourselves. I think of one answer like stick the 3000 on a desert island then think of the negative impact it would have like them becoming state symbols for others. It feels like to every action there is a reaction.

If I had to enforce a way I would make it law that the moderate muslims must come out and denounce these acts and start working their ways into their extreme sides to save them. Lets face it the moderate muslim is going to win over an extremist more than a football thug from this forum.

Thu May 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I don't think many of us have the answers ourselves. I think of one answer like stick the 3000 on a desert island then think of the negative impact it would have like them becoming state symbols for others. It feels like to every action there is a reaction.

If I had to enforce a way I would make it law that the moderate muslims must come out and denounce these acts and start working their ways into their extreme sides to save them. Lets face it the moderate muslim is going to win over an extremist more than a football thug from this forum.

Certainly agree that the way forward, whatever it is, has to come from the Moderate muslim community.

Fri May 26, 2017 7:58 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Potential terrorists should be viewed as a much greater threat than potential football hooligans - so why is the football fan subjected to restricted freedoms when the suspected terrorist isnt?

I'd love to know the answer to this.