Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Steven Caulker '

Sat May 27, 2017 9:21 am

Where is Steven Caulker now

27/05/17

Caulker was a club record signing in the 2013 summer transfer window, with the Bluebirds forking out £8m to secure his services from Tottenham Hotspur.

But his record did not last long as Cardiff paid £11m for Medel just 11 days after Caulker moved to Wales.

And just like the Chilean, Caulker also moved on to pastures new following Cardiff's relegation despite impressing at the club, joining Queens Park Rangers after their promotion from the Championship.

The centre-back has endured a turbulent time to say the least since leaving Cardiff, with QPR being relegated from the Premier League and Caulker going on to have brief loan stints with Southampton and Liverpool.

He remains contracted to QPR although he has not played for the R's since October last year and still has a year left on his contract with the London club.

The defender was set for a surprise move to Lokomotiv Moscow earlier this year, but the Russian outfit pulled out of the deal at the last minute leaving Caulker out in the cold.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Steven Caulker '

Sat May 27, 2017 9:30 am

I have a vague recollection of someone on this forum predicting him to be part of a City team who would be the future spine of the England side. I doubt if anyone else on here thought that. I thought he was an average player, prone to mistakes, and would probably be ok in the Championship.

Sat May 27, 2017 10:57 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I have a vague recollection of someone on this forum predicting him to be part of a City team who would be the future spine of the England side. I doubt if anyone else on here thought that. I thought he was an average player, prone to mistakes, and would probably be ok in the Championship.

I certainly didn't say that but I'll be honest and say that I expected more from Caulker after his season at Wales' second club and knowing how he'd gained an early international cap :thumbright:

He turned out to be a disruptive influence and was also arrested in Penarth, if I remember correctly, for being a hop head and trouble maker

Still, I'll always remember his first goal for the Bluebirds; the 62nd minute winner against the Jacks away! :notworthy:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:18 am

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I have a vague recollection of someone on this forum predicting him to be part of a City team who would be the future spine of the England side. I doubt if anyone else on here thought that. I thought he was an average player, prone to mistakes, and would probably be ok in the Championship.

I certainly didn't say that but I'll be honest and say that I expected more from Caulker after his season at Wales' second club and knowing how he'd gained an early international cap :thumbright:

He turned out to be a disruptive influence and was also arrested in Penarth, if I remember correctly, for being a hop head and trouble maker

Still, I'll always remember his first goal for the Bluebirds; the 62nd minute winner against the Jacks away! :notworthy:

Away ? :roll:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:38 am

the club did well to get the money back in him, massively overrated because he is English.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:57 am

Rem, Caulker had a major problem with partying and being out on the town, he needed a manager like Neil Warnock.

Sat May 27, 2017 12:07 pm

We were a disaster in the transfer market after promotion, Malky needed someone with experience on his bench, or in a DOF role to help guide him in what was new territory for everyone

Sat May 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:

At home. We won't speak about the away result that year.

Sat May 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Jimmy Floyd wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Correct and I stand corrected :thumbright:

It was Bellamy who scored the superb winner at The Library Stadium (sadly not in the Premier League though) :(

Sat May 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Sven wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:

It was Bellamy who scored the superb winner at The Library Stadium (sadly not in the Premier League though) :(

And it was not his first goal.

Sat May 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:

And it was not his first goal.

You're right, on checking it was Caulker's second goal for City! :ayatollah: