Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' All remains quiet at Cardiff City / But '

Sat May 27, 2017 9:29 am

' All remains quiet at Cardiff City / But Neil Warnock has been 24/7 already planning for next season '

All remains quiet at Cardiff City ahead of what promises to be a huge summer transfer window as Neil Warnock bids to strengthen his side to launch a Premier League promotion push next season.

The Yorkshireman has a host of contract issues to solve, with the likes of club stalwart Peter Whittingham and centre-back Bruno Manga seeing their current deals in the Welsh capital expire in June.

Warnock will also be scouring the globe for new recruits to bolster his squad sufficiently enough to avoid a repeat of the matches where he was unable to name a full quota of substitutes in his debut campaign with the club.

At least 10 Cardiff City players are expected to leave this June/July and at least four major signings are expected in plus another another four to back Warnocks squad up.

From June 1st fans will start hearing of the many City departures and at least two players Warnock has already signed up.

Warnock intends to keep players like Sol Bamba, Junior Hoilett,Aron Gunnarsson, Kenneth Zohore, Kadeem Harris, Joe Ralls as his backbone for next season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' All remains quiet at Cardiff City / But '

Sat May 27, 2017 9:39 am

Never known it to be so tight with the lack of info.Wheres all the ITK's gone. :lol: Not even any half credible romours.

Sat May 27, 2017 10:15 am

Has Kareem Harris renewed/signed a new contract yet ? I thought his was up in June also ? Or have I just missed it ?

Sat May 27, 2017 10:17 am

Welsh Exile wrote:Has Kareem Harris renewed/signed a new contract yet ? I thought his was up in June also ? Or have I just missed it ?

I put out three weeks ago that I believe Warnock had agreed a new contract with Kadeem Harris in principle :thumbright:

Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Never known it to be so tight with the lack of info.Wheres all the ITK's gone. :lol: Not even any half credible romours.

Always one Martin.

We are just fans on a football forum, who try and have our say,contribute, put rumours out or beliefs etc, what do you contribute on here other than continual sarcasm?

Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:' All remains quiet at Cardiff City / But Neil Warnock has been 24/7 already planning for next season '

All remains quiet at Cardiff City ahead of what promises to be a huge summer transfer window as Neil Warnock bids to strengthen his side to launch a Premier League promotion push next season.

The Yorkshireman has a host of contract issues to solve, with the likes of club stalwart Peter Whittingham and centre-back Bruno Manga seeing their current deals in the Welsh capital expire in June.

Warnock will also be scouring the globe for new recruits to bolster his squad sufficiently enough to avoid a repeat of the matches where he was unable to name a full quota of substitutes in his debut campaign with the club.

At least 10 Cardiff City players are expected to leave this June/July and at least four major signings are expected in plus another another four to back Warnocks squad up.

From June 1st fans will start hearing of the many City departures and at least two players Warnock has already signed up.

Warnock intends to keep players like Sol Bamba, Junior Hoilett,Aron Gunnarsson, Kenneth Zohore, Kadeem Harris, Joe Ralls as his backbone for next season.

Annis I'm sure NW is working non stop to get the players he wants and he did say that there will be no action until the 1st week of June, with the financial year ending on the 31st May I think the lack of news is more to do with FFP than lack of effort.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat May 27, 2017 10:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:Has Kareem Harris renewed/signed a new contract yet ? I thought his was up in June also ? Or have I just missed it ?

I put out three weeks ago that I believe Warnock had agreed a new contract with Kadeem Harris in principle :thumbright:

Annis, lots going on behind scenes apparently 3 already signed just waiting for it to be announced.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:00 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, lots going on behind scenes apparently 3 already signed just waiting for it to be announced.

Karl, I think Warnock is well ahead of us (and recent managers at the club) at the moment and I'm excited about what he has in store in the coming days/weeks :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:06 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' All remains quiet at Cardiff City / But Neil Warnock has been 24/7 already planning for next season '

Annis I'm sure NW is working non stop to get the players he wants and he did say that there will be no action until the 1st week of June, with the financial year ending on the 31st May I think the lack of news is more to do with FFP than lack of effort.

Correct Gary :thumbright: :bluebird:

Gary, I also believe Warnock wants and needs more money of our owner.

But still sadly there are snipers/sarcastic so called fans out there who demand other fans to put news out there even if there is no news :lol:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:08 am

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Karl, I think Warnock is well ahead of us (and recent managers at the club) at the moment and I'm excited about what he has in store in the coming days/weeks :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I agree with Karl and you Chris, Warnock will have everything lined up and will just wait for June 1st and will also want Tan to guarantee more backing.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:12 am

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Chris, I totally agree and it's like a breath of fresh air! Should be great close season for once, for us all and I'm sure NW will surprise us with one or two of his signings :ayatollah:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree with Karl and you Chris, Warnock will have everything lined up and will just wait for June 1st and will also want Tan to guarantee more backing.

Annis, Is NW still out in Malaysia? Hope some of his positivity gets into VT :bluescarf:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:21 am

I have to point out again, contracts do not end until 30th. JUNE, not end of may :thumbup:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Never known it to be so tight with the lack of info.Wheres all the ITK's gone. :lol: Not even any half credible romours.

Always one Martin.

We are just fans on a football forum, who try and have our say,contribute, put rumours out or beliefs etc, what do you contribute on here other than continual sarcasm?

Touchy,touchy,I wasn't having a go at anyone on here,just a comment on the general situation.And even you must admit theres normally alot more chatter at this time of year.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:38 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Always one Martin.

Touchy,touchy,I wasn't having a go at anyone on here,just a comment on the general situation.And even you must admit theres normally alot more chatter at this time of year.

I do agree Warnock will keep what he wants 100% secret and only let out what he actually wants let out :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wish I was really in the Know :lol:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:38 am

Igovernor wrote:I have to point out again, contracts do not end until 30th. JUNE, not end of may :thumbup:

Are you !00% sure this year?

Sat May 27, 2017 11:45 am

Igovernor wrote:I have to point out again, contracts do not end until 30th. JUNE, not end of may :thumbup:

You are right but the clubs annual accounts will be until 31st May so any new signings will affect next seasons accounts and not the one just ended. Also the summer transfer window opens on the 9th June this year so I really think the 1st week of June will see lots of activity, and not just at Cardiff City.

Sat May 27, 2017 4:30 pm

So how come West Ham & Man City have announced signings all ready then Mr know it all?

Sat May 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I was surprised to read that elsewhere in the last day or two and amended one of my posts to clarify it :thumbright:

Doesn't stop the club's naming those who will be leaving though, as I assume they will still get their money until the due date and they'll already be looking to get new clubs :ayatollah:

Sun May 28, 2017 7:43 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I was surprised to read that elsewhere in the last day or two and amended one of my posts to clarify it :thumbright:

Doesn't stop the club's naming those who will be leaving though, as I assume they will still get their money until the due date and they'll already be looking to get new clubs :ayatollah:

Cheers Chris :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun May 28, 2017 7:50 am

norms76 wrote:

So how come West Ham & Man City have announced signings all ready then Mr know it all?

Because they are still under contract and were sold, you can actually buy players under contract, mr know nothing at all :thumbup:

Sun May 28, 2017 8:48 am

Igovernor wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Because they are still under contract and were sold, you can actually buy players under contract, mr know nothing at all :thumbup:

It's been like that for years!

They don't announce everything until both clubs and player are happy otherwise as quoted just because your contract is coming to end does not stop you signing for someone, it's called consecutive contracting.

Hmmm just realised it's half term, says it all

Sun May 28, 2017 9:14 am

Igovernor wrote:
norms76 wrote:

No sale on Zabaleta, it's a free. I just had to point out that even though contracts are up 30th June it doesn't stop them announcing signings if a deal can be done.

It was your "I have to point out again" comment that made me reply to you as you come across as a right pedantic tw@t that thinks he's made up the ruling on transfers.

Sun May 28, 2017 9:20 am

norms76 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
norms76 wrote:

No sale on Zabaleta, it's a free. I just had to point out that even though contracts are up 30th June it doesn't stop them announcing signings if a deal can be done.

It was your "I have to point out again" comment that made me reply to you as you come across as a right pedantic tw@t that thinks he's made up the ruling on transfers.[/quote

And you are not? do me a favor and don't reply to my posts if you are going to be childish and revert to name calling, just who do you think you are? :wave:

Sun May 28, 2017 9:34 am

Igovernor wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
norms76 wrote:

It was your "I have to point out again" comment that made me reply to you as you come across as a right pedantic tw@t that thinks he's made up the ruling on transfers.[/quote

And you are not? do me a favor and don't reply to my posts if you are going to be childish and revert to name calling, just who do you think you are? :wave:

Norms76, quite clear on that one.