A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Joe Ledley Closer to Signing for Cardiff City '

Sun May 28, 2017 2:25 am

Good player.

Sun May 28, 2017 8:01 am

Cardiff City: Bluebirds set to swoop for Crystal Palace midfielder - The72

28/05/17

Ledley becomes a free agent next month when his contract at Selhurst Park comes to an end with the Eagles not offering a new contract to the Welsh international.

Three years at the Club have seen Ledley show his ability but, with the 30-year-old becoming a free agent, it looks likely that he will be departing the London club.

Ledley has seen first-team opportunities limited with the Eagles, with Yohan Cabaye, James McArthur and Luka Milivojevic being chosen more often than the Welshman.

The 6ft tall defender started his career by coming through the youth system at Cardiff City, before being promoted to the first team as a 17-year-old in the League Cup in 2004 against MK Dons.

Six successful years with the Bluebirds saw Ledley collect 229 appearances. His successes did not remain in Wales however, as the young midfielder dwas given his full Wales début in 2005 having previously progressed through the U17, U19 and U21 sides.

In 2010 Ledley made his first transfer, joining Scottish giants Celtic. Success followed him to Scotland, with the Celts winning three successive Premiership titles and a Scottish Cup in 2013.

Ledley then moved to England to sign for Palace in the 2014 January transfer window, scoring on his début for the London side. In total the 30-year-old has made 96 appearances in all competitions, scoring six League goals during his three-year spell with the Barclays Premier League side.

Sun May 28, 2017 8:17 am

A tweet from Ledley to Crystal Palace Head of Sports Medicine Dr Zafar Iqbal appeared to signal the Welshman's Palace farewell. It remains to be seen whether he's offered a renewed deal.

Ledley said: "A picture is worth a thousand words. I will miss you Zaf thanks for everything you've done."

Whether Ledley will join Cardiff, however, is another matter. The midfielder earns a reported £25,000-per-week at Selhurst Park and the Bluebirds are unlikely to pay that much. There will surely be a number of Premier League and Championship suitors for Ledley with bigger budgets than Cardiff's.

Sun May 28, 2017 9:53 am

Whether Ledley will join Cardiff, however, is another matter. The midfielder earns a reported £25,000-per-week at Selhurst Park and the Bluebirds are unlikely to pay that much. There will surely be a number of Premier League and Championship suitors for Ledley with bigger budgets than Cardiff's.

Could he really get £25k a week at another premier league club ?

Is he even better than Gunnar ?

I am coming around to the idea, i it would be great to have a proper Cardiff captain.

Still think if he comes it means gunnar will go

Sun May 28, 2017 9:57 am

llan bluebird wrote:Whether Ledley will join Cardiff, however, is another matter. The midfielder earns a reported £25,000-per-week at Selhurst Park and the Bluebirds are unlikely to pay that much. There will surely be a number of Premier League and Championship suitors for Ledley with bigger budgets than Cardiff's.

I am coming around to the idea, i it would be great to have a proper Cardiff captain.

25k...no
better than gunner...he used to be....more effective?..depends if he got 90 minute games left in him

Sun May 28, 2017 4:12 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Whether Ledley will join Cardiff, however, is another matter. The midfielder earns a reported £25,000-per-week at Selhurst Park and the Bluebirds are unlikely to pay that much. There will surely be a number of Premier League and Championship suitors for Ledley with bigger budgets than Cardiff's.

Nothing wrong with having two holding midfielders at the club.

He might not be as mobile and fit as Gunnar but I personally think he's a better footballer, they both have qualities to bring to the table.

Sun May 28, 2017 8:33 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Nothing wrong with having two holding midfielders at the club.

He might not be as mobile and fit as Gunnar but I personally think he's a better footballer, they both have qualities to bring to the table.

They both need to shave and look smart appearance before putting on blue shirt.thats what they can bring to the table. A darn good shave. Other than that I'm happy to have joe. No comparison with Zohore

Mon May 29, 2017 9:01 am

gunnar and ledley in midfield would scare the life out of teams in the championship. add quality out wide and just behind the striker and we would have such a strong spine

Mon May 29, 2017 9:36 am

Reza wrote:gunnar and ledley in midfield would scare the life out of teams in the championship. add quality out wide and just behind the striker and we would have such a strong spine

Agree two solid midfeilders

Mon May 29, 2017 10:24 am

wez1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:gunnar and ledley in midfield would scare the life out of teams in the championship. add quality out wide and just behind the striker and we would have such a strong spine

Agree two solid midfeilders

fairplay wez football is the one thing we seem to agree on :thumbup:

Mon May 29, 2017 11:30 am

4-2-3-1 formation.

A keeper (Hennessey as he is free).
Bennett, Manga, Morrison, Richards
Ledley, Gunnarsson
Harris, New Number 10, Hoilett
Zohore

That squad would get me up and at every match. Looks a decent Championship squad. Also, some top free agents about, also noticed Fraizer Campbell is available, George Boyd, Charlie Adam, and also Chico (ex Swansea) which would really annoy the Jacks. :)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statisti ... evertraege

Mon May 29, 2017 11:44 am

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:

4-2-3-1 formation.

Ledley, Gunnarsson
Zohore

That squad would get me up and at every match. Looks a decent Championship squad. Also, some top free agents about, also noticed Fraizer Campbell is available, George Boyd, Charlie Adam, and also Chico (ex Swansea) which would really annoy the Jacks. :)

yeah its a shame we wasnt in for zach clough i think he would have been a great no.10

Mon May 29, 2017 2:07 pm

The Daily Football @1football_daily

29/05/17

Joe Ledley has agreed terms with Cardiff City ahead of a free transfer from Palace.

Mon May 29, 2017 2:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Daily Football @1football_daily

29/05/17

Joe Ledley has agreed terms with Cardiff City ahead of a free transfer from Palace.

im hearing there will be three signings in the next week confirmed

Re: UPDATED " Joe Ledley has Signed for Cardiff City? "

Mon May 29, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm guessing Lesley and Patterson but no news on 3rd?

Mon May 29, 2017 2:37 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I'm guessing Lesley and Patterson but no news on 3rd?

etheridge, not sure if he is going to be number one or not tho, he looks good on youtube :banghead: as did acorn lol

Mon May 29, 2017 2:54 pm

That would just leave a striker / no 10 and a winger.
The Rotherham guy perhaps or maybe Jerome

Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:That would just leave a striker / no 10 and a winger.
The Rotherham guy perhaps or maybe Jerome

i think danny ward is a good shout for us he can play wide or up top and knows where the net is plus hes only 25 so would mean a sell on value for the club, wouldnt be surprised if we get a gd 10 and another striker even after ward

Mon May 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Just a shit joe ralls way passed it. No pace only coming here because it suits him. And left us when we needed him. Just cos hes welsh people want him back. Fuckoff joe

Mon May 29, 2017 3:23 pm

I think some people need to wake up and smell the coffee, we are not in a position to be throwing cash about on players, snapping free transfers up like Ledley is where we are at. We can get 2 more good seasons out of him surely and that's all we could need to get back to the prem.

Mon May 29, 2017 3:36 pm

neilst wrote:Just a shit joe ralls way passed it. No pace only coming here because it suits him. And left us when we needed him. Just cos hes welsh people want him back. Fuckoff joe

i think your letting your heart rule your head here, if it wasnt ledley but another midfielder from the prem e.g charlie adam we would be buzzing for it but because he used to play for us loads of ppl are saying we dont want him, he'll be our best midfielder and is to good for the championship. forget what has gone on in the past and judge him on his ability which is far higher than what we got

Mon May 29, 2017 3:42 pm

The way some of you are talking on here you'd think he was 36 or something, he's only just turned 30 and never had any real pace anyway!

Ledley is the perfect Midfielder to play alongside Gunner in front of the back 4 and has an incredible work ethic, is physical and a very good ball player. If true this Midfield would allow us to either dominate midfield by also playing Ralls or signing a technical attacking midfielder/second striker that doesn't have to defend so much.

Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:The way some of you are talking on here you'd think he was 36 or something, he's only just turned 30 and never had any real pace anyway!

Ledley is the perfect Midfielder to play alongside Gunner in front of the back 4 and has an incredible work ethic, is physical and a very good ball player. If true this Midfield would allow us to either dominate midfield by also playing Ralls or signing a technical attacking midfielder/second striker that doesn't have to defend so much.

exactly my thoughts, hes got another 3yrs at the top of his game maybe a little longer considering hes never been pacy

Mon May 29, 2017 4:23 pm

On reflection I think he would be a great addition to the squad IF we can get him on a realistic wage. I am sure he would take much reduced salary but with promotion and cup bonuses. That seems sensible.

He may not have the pace we need but in his position we are not asking him to be lightening. He is mobile though and will ass some extra legs to the midfield. We would need though to add some pace somewhere else in the team of course.. a pacey and creative Number 10 and an additional winger with pace would help.

Mon May 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Awesome.

Knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone.. :ayatollah:

Mon May 29, 2017 4:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The Daily Football @1football_daily

29/05/17

Joe is still a really good player and was only playing in the Euros for Wales a year ago and didn't look out his depth, plus I think he is a Warnock type player.

I was upset when he left but you can't stop players bettering them self and plus if City did want any money they should sold him to stoke when they offer 6mil ?

Mon May 29, 2017 4:52 pm

I'd be well happy with Ledley back. Only 30. Can still do a good job and pops up with some important goals too.

Mon May 29, 2017 5:00 pm

I was surprised he has only recently turned 30........In truth there hasn't been many miles on the clock in the last three years.

Is he really a holder nowadays or has he been playing to the clubs/nations tactics. Can he still get in the box like the old days ? :ayatollah:

There's the captain issued sorted then. :bluebird:

Mon May 29, 2017 5:48 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:

4-2-3-1 formation.

Ledley, Gunnarsson
Zohore

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 29, 2017 5:58 pm

To be honest if this is true I think it is sowing a real statement of intent for next season and am well happy