Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " Joe Ledley has Signed for Cardiff City? "

Sat May 27, 2017 11:16 am

? ? ?

UPDATED 29/05/17

They are saying he has signed, Ledley did meet for talks, just waiting for confirmation.

The Daily Football @1football_daily

29/05/17

Joe Ledley has agreed terms with Cardiff City ahead of a free transfer from Palace.

' Joe Ledley Closer to Signing for Cardiff City '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/2 ... diff-city/ :thumbright: :bluebird:

Joe Ledley is set to leave Crystal Palace on a free transfer this summer with his current deal coming to an end.

And Cardiff are in pole position to sign the midfielder who graduated through their academy 13 years ago.

? ?

Just tweeted

Cardiff City Progress On Signings For New Championship Season

By Terry Phillips

Terry Phillips‏ @ElTelPhillips 17m17 minutes ago
More
Bluebirds move to strengthen
@CardiffCityFC @AnnisAbraham

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/2 ... diff-city/ :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Joe Ledley Closer to Signing for Cardiff City '

Sat May 27, 2017 11:18 am

I put this out on

Joe Ledley coming back to Cardiff on a Free?
Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 am

Just been Tweeted this

Noremac Tuot‏ @NoremacTuot

@AnnisAbraham

Just bumped into Chris Ledley, father of Joe who I know very well. Ledley back on a free :thumbright:

Bought a home in Penarth recently wife moved in.

Joe Ledley is a free agent and him and his family would like Ledley to be be back playing for his hometown club Cardiff City.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:33 am

Be a very popular signing if true.

Sat May 27, 2017 11:36 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Be a very popular signing if true.

Martin, I would love to see Ledley back for us next season, a player above Championship level and with plenty of passion for Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/2 ... diff-city/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 27, 2017 11:40 am

Not to be to negative because I used to like Joe playing for us, but I see it as a backward move by the club. We need a more versatile cm which we're lacking not a sitting midfielder who's legs are gone. I really hope we get a good cam that's where we're lacking

Sat May 27, 2017 11:48 am

Ledley is ideal, be strong with Gunnarsson as Defensive Midfielders. Cardiff now need a good Attacking Midfielder to make the midfield a beast. I think Joe Ralls is a great back up, but a player like George Boyd (who is free) could be ideal there.

Sat May 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Superb :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat May 27, 2017 12:21 pm

A bit disappointed if this comes off (for reasons previously stated) but I said I'd trust in Neil Warnock and I'll stand by that, as he will have a discompassionate view of the individuals required to build city up again :|

Sat May 27, 2017 12:22 pm

When Ledley and Bothroyd left Cardiff when we needed them most..for me he doesnt give a shit..he only wants to come back because he's burnt out,we dont need him..City look else where..we need players who wants to play for the club not because its now convenient...

Sat May 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I put this out on

Joe Ledley coming back to Cardiff on a Free?
Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 am

Just been Tweeted this

Noremac Tuot‏ @NoremacTuot

@AnnisAbraham

Just bumped into Chris Ledley, father of Joe who I know very well. Ledley back on a free :thumbright:

Bought a home in Penarth recently wife moved in.

Joe Ledley is a free agent and him and his family would like Ledley to be be back playing for his hometown club Cardiff City.

I put it out days before that even :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=184654

Frazier Campbell is another Warnock will be sounding out.

Sat May 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Howieblue wrote:When Ledley and Bothroyd left Cardiff when we needed them most..for me he doesnt give a shit..he only wants to come back because he's burnt out,we dont need him..City look else where..we need players who wants to play for the club not because its now convenient...

Have to agree with most of that (not necessarily the fitness bit) and it's odd how many on here talk about "never forgiving" others for what they've done to the club (even though most of that is now undone) yet it's okay for Joe to 'use' the club now it suits him again ;)

But, as stated, I will back Neil Warnock in his efforts and choices but no 'heroes welcome' from me to Joe, assuming he does return (and that's looking likelier by the day) :ayatollah:

Sat May 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Howieblue wrote:When Ledley and Bothroyd left Cardiff when we needed them most..for me he doesnt give a shit..he only wants to come back because he's burnt out,we dont need him..City look else where..we need players who wants to play for the club not because its now convenient...

No offense but thats utter bollox.Ledley won't be short of offers but theres no indication that he's past his best yet and if he was Warnock doesn't strike me as the type to be fooled.As for Bothroyd he run down his contract and wasn't offered a new one.I think when Malky was appointed he canvassed peoples views that were already at the club and decided against offering him another deal.

Sat May 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

No offense but thats utter bollox.Ledley won't be short of offers but theres no indication that he's past his best yet and if he was Warnock doesn't strike me as the type to be fooled.As for Bothroyd he run down his contract and wasn't offered a new one.I think when Malky was appointed he canvassed peoples views that were already at the club and decided against offering him another deal.

Agree i would take ledley over givening whits a new contract anyday

Sat May 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Sven wrote:

Have to agree with most of that (not necessarily the fitness bit) and it's odd how many on here talk about "never forgiving" others for what they've done to the club (even though most of that is now undone) yet it's okay for Joe to 'use' the club now it suits him again ;)

But, as stated, I will back Neil Warnock in his efforts and choices but no 'heroes welcome' from me to Joe, assuming he does return (and that's looking likelier by the day) :ayatollah:

Do not see the point of having him back, personally. Earnshaw and Gabbidon came back in recent times and that proved a waste of money.

Sat May 27, 2017 1:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Agree i would take ledley over givening whits a new contract anyday

100% I would as well, without a doubt :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 27, 2017 1:20 pm

4-2-3-1 with Gunnarson and Ledley the holding players. Still need a creative number 10 and cover for Zohore. If we can somehow keep hold of Manga then happy days.

Ledley will definitely improve us

Sat May 27, 2017 1:33 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
Sven wrote:

Do not see the point of having him back, personally. Earnshaw and Gabbidon came back in recent times and that proved a waste of money.

We seem to be a popular club with players past their sell by date and looking for one last pay day before their legs give out completely. I remember less than a year back everyone getting all excited over the signing of Lambert. I said at the time it would be one mega waste of money. While Ledley is not quite ready for the knackers yard yet, I don't see him as the sort of signing needed for a genuine promotion push. However, I have faith in Warnock, he knows a lot more than I do, and hopefully he will prove me completely wrong.

Sat May 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:
Sven wrote:

We seem to be a popular club with players past their sell by date and looking for one last pay day before their legs give out completely. I remember less than a year back everyone getting all excited over the signing of Lambert. I said at the time it would be one mega waste of money. While Ledley is not quite ready for the knackers yard yet, I don't see him as the sort of signing needed for a genuine promotion push. However, I have faith in Warnock, he knows a lot more than I do, and hopefully he will prove me completely wrong.

Haha

Sat May 27, 2017 2:45 pm

I think Ledley would be a good signing for a Championship club, but I can't get excited about it as we have other more important needs - a quick wide player, a creative midfielder and a number 10 striker to play off Zohore

Sat May 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Is this the same Joe Ledley that left us an average championship midfeilder in his prime, played full back sometimes because he couldn't get into our midfield, fucked off to an inferior league then a bit part player in a bottom half premier league club ?

Salivating over two immobile defensive midfielders who only play there because either their legs have gone or don't have the first touch to play further up field.

On the plus side, he'll bring us some leadership and spirit. As i have said on previous posts if this happens i can see Gunnar moving on.

Sat May 27, 2017 4:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Is this the same Joe Ledley that left us an average championship midfeilder in his prime, played full back sometimes because he couldn't get into our midfield, fucked off to an inferior league then a bit part player in a bottom half premier league club ?

Salivating over two immobile defensive midfielders who only play there because either their legs have gone or don't have the first touch to play further up field.

On the plus side, he'll bring us some leadership and spirit. As i have said on previous posts if this happens i can see Gunnar moving on.

C'mon,your being a tad harsh here.Given his age and his pedigree if he was under contract we'd never get him,he would be easily be too expensive.If this is the standard of player Warnock wants to bring in then I'll be well happy.A much more accomplished player than the lad that left us.

Sat May 27, 2017 4:57 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neither do I (for footballing reasons as well as the fact I believe he let us down) but as stated, I will have faith in Neil Warnock who will do his best for Cardiff City FC and make the decisions he feels will push us on :ayatollah:

Sat May 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Sven wrote:A bit disappointed if this comes off (for reasons previously stated) but I said I'd trust in Neil Warnock and I'll stand by that, as he will have a discompassionate view of the individuals required to build city up again :|

:thumbup:

Sat May 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Ledley has a couple of more seasons in him, still is Premier quality and yes will be a good signing if the wages are not over the top.

Sat May 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Ledley has a couple of more seasons in him, still is Premier quality and yes will be a good signing if the wages are not over the top.

He really isn't Prem quality, which is why he is dropping down a league. Still a decent signing though.

Sat May 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Fairwater’s Joe Ledley Looks Ready For Move From Palace To Cardiff

Posted By: Terry Phillipson: May 27, 2017

Joe Ledley looks set for a Bluebirds’ homecoming.

Dai_sport talked about Cardiff City’s interest earlier today – and now increasing reports in South London and South Wales suggest the Fairwater boy is considering a return.

Ledley, 30, is a free agent next month and Crystal Palace have not offered the midfield player a new deal. He has spent three years with the Eagles.

It seems clear Ledley will be moving on from Selhurst Park with Cardiff and Celtic among the clubs tracking him.

Ledley came through the youth development system at Cardiff, graduating 13 years ago, and has also played for Celtic plus Palace.

He played 96 games in all competitions for Palace and scored six Premier League goals.

It is thought Ledley is keen on a return to Cardiff City and he is on manager Neil Warnock’s wanted list.

He spent 14 years with the Bluebirds in total, junior and senior, before moving on to Celtic in 2010 after City’s defeat against Blackpool in the Championship play-off final.

Ledley has more than 70 international caps for Wales and he is in manager Chris Coleman’s 26-man squad for a training camp in Portugal ahead of their World Cup qualifier against Serbia in Belgrade.

Ledley would command substantial wages, but Warnock is keen to strengthen his squad on a relatively small budget and with the player available on a free transfer he could be an ideal signing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Cardiff City close to securing dream homecoming for Joe Ledley – reports

Cardiff City are close to securing a homecoming for Crystal Palace and Wales midfielder Joe Ledley.

By Jamie Kemble

Sat 27th May 2017

Joe Ledley is set to leave Crystal Palace on a free transfer this summer with his current deal coming to an end.

And Cardiff are in pole position to sign the midfielder who graduated through their academy 13 years ago.

Reports from the Croydon Advertiser claim Ledley could be close to returning to South Wales on a free transfer.

Ledley has made just 18 Premier League appearances for the Eagles this season and his contract won’t be renewed despite the shock departure of Sam Allardyce.

It’s believed a return to Cardiff is the preferred choice for the experienced midfielder after spending 14 years with the Bluebirds from youth level to senior.

The 30-year-old departed his hometown club on a free transfer shortly after defeat in the play-off final at Wembley Stadium in 2010.

Ledley went on to play for Celtic and Crystal Palace, and he remains a favourite in the Wales camp, making 72 senior caps to-date for his country.

A return to where it all started is now on the cards for Ledley and it could be a dream signing for Neil Warnock and Cardiff City ahead of a proposed promotion push next season.

Warnock is looking to strengthen his squad significantly on a relatively small budget this season, and signing a Premier League-quality player that many fans adore on a free would be the perfect start to summer business.

Sat May 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Ledley left to better himself and didn't want to go Hull when they came in for him and McCormack while McCormack wanted to go.

Sat May 27, 2017 10:13 pm

I don't want him ,he's too slow ,looks clumsy on the ball ,he done well 10yrs ago for us ,rather then spend money on keeping the best midfielder we have had at the club last 10 yrs PETER WHITTINGHAM ,thank u

Sat May 27, 2017 11:27 pm

He more often than not seems to play well for Wales, doesn't always find top gear with Palace but maybe as he has gotten older the prem has become too quick for him to cope with, championship is still tough and very physical though so if he does come back he won't be able to take the foot of the gas and he can't expect an easy time.

Would be happy though if he came back, we can't change the past and at the end of the day he's still a decent midfielder and has a few years left in him yet.