Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Police resources cut

Sat May 27, 2017 12:22 pm

1,337 trained firearms officers have been cut. This week, 984 soldiers were put on the streets how on earth does this make sense :banghead:

Re: Police resources cut

Sat May 27, 2017 12:28 pm

The cutting of any emergency services (blue light or otherwise) in the current climate is a national disgrace but there are other factors involved in your OP

The army are a far more 'mobile' entity, as the police are in general more localised, i.e there are 43 separate police forces in the UK each primarily looking after a specific area. Other civilian emergency services are much the same :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat May 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Not just a cost cutting exercise then :o

Sat May 27, 2017 12:40 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Not just a cost cutting exercise then :o

Absolutely (the army, navy and airforce are in similar positions) :(

My point is that there are occasions (usually on a national basis) when the army are more readily mobile than the police and after seeing some of the overtime wages earned during the miner's strike, a darn site cheaper! ;)

No slight on your OP; just pointing that sometimes there are other factors involved. My personal opinion is that the government have shafted all the public services for some time now and are seeing the negative result right now! :ayatollah:

Sat May 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Sven wrote:

My point is that there are occasions (usually on a national basis) when the army are more readily mobile than the police and after seeing some of the overtime wages earned during the miner's strike, a darn site cheaper! ;)

No slight on your OP; just pointing that sometimes there are other factors involved. My personal opinion is that the government have shafted all the public services for some time now and are seeing the negative result right now! :ayatollah:

Will be cut right to the bone,then the Tories will set up American style National Guard

Sat May 27, 2017 5:13 pm

since64 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Will be cut right to the bone,then the Tories will set up American style National Guard

Well, they're already chipping away and slowly integrating at the other emergency services and the introduction of PCSO's wasn't done without a long-term plan :ayatollah:

Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 pm

More cuts to follow too should the Tories get back in next month. That'll make us safer :roll:

Sat May 27, 2017 9:09 pm

ffs wrote:More cuts to follow too should the Tories get back in next month. That'll make us safer :roll:

They certainly are and it certainly won't! :cry: :evil:

Sun May 28, 2017 2:43 am

ffs wrote:More cuts to follow too should the Tories get back in next month. That'll make us safer :roll:

That's true. Cut back on waste and concentrate on important issues. We need efficiency not numbers and financial waste.

Sun May 28, 2017 8:09 am

glas wrote:

That's true. Cut back on waste and concentrate on important issues. We need efficiency not numbers and financial waste.

Higher police numbers didn't prevent the 7 7 bombing.

Sun May 28, 2017 10:16 am

Sven wrote:

They certainly are and it certainly won't! :cry: :evil:

not sure about this tbh..walk in a tesco/asda/local filling station early hours and your likely to see cops hanging out. then there are the hoolie squad that follow us around.. often to fixtures where A} we have small numbers and B} the fixture has zero history of trouble..sure there are lots of other examples.cutting down the hoolie squad. cutting back on traffic cops {fire arms trained or not } in anglesey or cornwall has no effect on your safety attending an event.

is it about police numbers..or use of resources.?

Sun May 28, 2017 10:20 am

Let's not forget that our police forces are run from the Home Office in London.

I'm sure they've got their finger on the pulse :? And that we are right at the top of their list of priorities :roll:

In Scotland and Northern Ireland (and even Manchester soon), if they want more bobbies, they get them.

Here, we go with a begging bowl to a Tory gov who has cut them to the bone

Sun May 28, 2017 12:34 pm

tcblue wrote:Let's not forget that our police forces are run from the Home Office in London.

I'm sure they've got their finger on the pulse :? And that we are right at the top of their list of priorities :roll:

In Scotland and Northern Ireland (and even Manchester soon), if they want more bobbies, they get them.

Here, we go with a begging bowl to a Tory gov who has cut them to the bone

when i turn up at a game 200 miles away and dont see hedlu ill consider agreeing with this too the bone stuff.

Sun May 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Sven wrote:

Chris,

Many armed met are actually at military camps as we speak waiting to be transported to any part of the country so they are still getting their over time don't worry lol

Mon May 29, 2017 8:35 am

They need to get rid of these fake police officers who walk around in pairs cost us £16,000 each per year and have no powers of arrest.