Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: DANNY WARD MEDICAL/FAVOURITE TO JOIN CITY?

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Apparently we have made a bid for danny ward and he will be a bluebird by the end of the week

Brilliant signing in my opinion

Cardiff to sign Danny Ward in £1million deal with Rotherham striker set for a medical this week

CARDIFF are signing Rotherham striker Danny Ward in a £1 million deal.

By Allan Wixon

Monday 5th June 2017

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has agreed a fee and terms for the forward, who will have a medical in Wales this week.

Danny Ward is set to have a medical this week ahead of a £1million move

Ward played for Warnock at the Millers and the relegated club have opted to sell as he is entering the last year of his contract.

Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog
Rotherham are close to signing striker David Ball from Fleetwood as his replacement.

Ward, 25, scored 10 goals in 4o league games for the strugglers this season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: DANNY WARD

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Good signing, by no means prolific, but provides good
Cover up front and wide left. Also gives options if NW wants to play 2 up top.

Need to start shifting more of the deadwood, still a lot under contract that needs to be moved on:
Noone, Pilks, Lambert, O'Keefe, Huws, Fred

Just nice to finally have a manager who has a clear plan regarding recruitment and value for money!

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:39 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Good signing, by no means prolific, but provides good

Need to start shifting more of the deadwood, still a lot under contract that needs to be moved on:

Just nice to finally have a manager who has a clear plan regarding recruitment and value for money!

i think thats a good record he has at rotherham especially this last season and half, when you think we havent had a striker hit over 12 in a good few seasons now i think he will be a very good signing and hes versatile

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Reza wrote:

i think thats a good record he has at rotherham especially this last season and half, when you think we havent had a striker hit over 12 in a good few seasons now i think he will be a very good signing and hes versatile

Apart from Zohore.

I'd still like to see us sign that other lad from Southampton up top.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:05 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Reza wrote:

Apart from Zohore.

thats what i meant until this yr when was the last time that happened, i think kenwyne got 11 and was top goalscorer, pilks was top goalscorer with nine so we desperately need more goals in the team

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:07 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Reza wrote:

Apart from Zohore.

100% We get Ward, Gallagher and Hayes we are looking all set for the front 5. Would give us.

Zohore, Hoilett, Harris, Mendez-Laing, Hayes, Ward and Gallagher great cover, and options in terms of variation.

Keep Manga and add Patterson and Ledley, get rid of dead wood.

That's an extreamly competitive and well balanced squad.

Re: ' DANNY WARD / MEDICAL? '

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:23 pm

Sports Mole
By Daniel Lewis, Football League Correspondent

Monday, June 5, 2017

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has reportedly agreed a £1m fee with Rotherham United to reunite with his former forward Danny Ward.

The 26-year-old, who scored 10 goals in 40 Championship outings for the Millers this term, is said to be due in South Wales to undergo a medical.

According to The Sun, Warnock was keen to get a deal over the line for the ex-Bolton Wanderers and Huddersfield Town ace, who he spent time with at the New York Stadium in 2015-16.

With a year left to run on his deal League One-bound Rotherham are happy to cash in, and they have already lined up Fleetwood Town striker David Ball as his replacement.

Cardiff are also understood to have made a £1.2m bid for Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes, meanwhile, but face competition from Scottish champions Celtic who have themselves shown an interest.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Also being reported here on twitter, this account is often bang on aswell. Will be happy with this signing if it happens, as a starter or a back up Ward is good enough for this league without a doubt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:45 pm

im happy with this signing for the money there wont be many better strikers available plus warnock knows him and will get the best from him, plus it was warnock who converted him into a striker or so im led to believe

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:00 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Reza wrote:

Apart from Zohore.

100% We get Ward, Gallagher and Hayes we are looking all set for the front 5. Would give us.

Zohore, Hoilett, Harris, Mendez-Laing, Hayes, Ward and Gallagher great cover, and options in terms of variation.

Agree looks like a hard working team

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:01 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Reza wrote:

Apart from Zohore.

Agree looks like a hard working team

Re: UPDATED: DANNY WARD MEDICAL/FAVOURITE TO JOIN CITY?

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Cardiff City set to win race for Rotherham striker Danny Ward

Championship rivals Cardiff City are set to beat Ipswich Town in the race to sign Rotherham United striker Danny Ward, according to The Sun.

It’s understood that the Blues made a seven-figure bid for Ward in the January transfer window, with Millers chairman Tony Stewart revealing they had turned down offers in excess of £2m for the player.

Prior to Town’s trip to The New York Stadium towards the end of the season, McCarthy refused to rule out a fresh approach for Ward this summer.

Ward, who scored twice in a 2-2 draw at Portman Road last October, impressed in the return fixture before going off injured just before half-time. Town’s players rushed to show their concern, sparking further speculation that a move was on the cards.

The 25-year-old ex-Huddersfield front man scored 12 goals for a team that finished rock-bottom with just 23 points. Strong, mobile and left-footed he had been identified as an ideal replacement for Daryl Murphy at Portman Road.

It’s now being reported that Neil Warnock, who was Ward’s boss at Rotherham, now leads the race to sign the in-demand player though.

Rotherham slapped an ambitious £5m price tag on their prized asset earlier this year but, now he’s in the final 12 months of his contract, they may have to settle for less.

Veteran boss Warnock is looking to add another promotion to his CV in South Wales and has set about rebuilding the squad.

Town are keen to sign midfielder Emyr Huws from the Bluebirds following a successful end-of-season loan spell, while they have also been linked with Tom Adeyemi, who has recently been on loan at Rotherham from Cardiff and is now out of contract.

Tricky wingers Kadeem Harris and Junior Hoilett have also been released – and both impressed when Cardiff beat Town 3-1 back in March – while attacking duo Craig Noone and Anthony Pilkington have been told they can find new clubs.

Rivals Norwich City have already beaten Town to the signing of forward Marley Watkins on a Bosman free transfer from Barnsley.

The Blues are understood to still be keen on Preston North End’s Jordan Hugill and have been linked with Rangers’ Joe Garner.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:43 pm

What a good signing, if it comes off! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Tricky wingers Kadeem Harris and Junior Hoilett have also been released :shock:

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Jules wrote:Tricky wingers Kadeem Harris and Junior Hoilett have also been released :shock:

Shit journalism, Warnock has said both are getting new deals.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Decent addition if it goes through.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Reza wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Reza wrote:

Apart from Zohore.

thats what i meant until this yr when was the last time that happened, i think kenwyne got 11 and was top goalscorer, pilks was top goalscorer with nine so we desperately need more goals in the team

We do need goals but wards hardly profillic? not really that excited neither am I about Hayes but I do trust warnock and will give them a chance as I always do.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Cardiff agree £1million fee for new striker with medical set for next week
By James O'Rourke

The Sun understands that Cardiff City are poised to complete the signing of striker Danny Ward from Rotherham United. It is believed that a £1million fee has been agreed between the two clubs, and a medical is likely to take place over the next week.

Ward has been playing his football at Rotherham since 2015, establishing himself as their first-choice striker. He netted 12 goals last season, in a season that was disrupted by injury, as the Millers were relegated into Sky Bet League One. Although the club took up an option to extend his deal by a year, he was always expected to leave. Cardiff are set to benefit from this.

Warnock is also no stranger to Ward, having worked together when the veteran manager guided the club to the great escape a few seasons ago. Rotherham are believed to already be locating a replacement, with Fleetwood Town’s David Ball expected to enter the New York Stadium before pre-season.

Warnock is aiming to build a squad capable of promotion and Ward is certainly someone that will score goals at this level. His track record alone proves that. The 25-year-old, who has previously played for Huddersfield Town, will provide another option for the Bluebirds up front. A lot was expected of Danish international Kenneth Zohore towards the end of last season, so much so he was starting games when struggling for 100% fitness. Adding another striker of this quality adds more variation and another dimension to the group. The deal should be completed with the next few weeks.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Sven wrote:Cardiff agree £1million fee for new striker with medical set for next week
By James O'Rourke

The Sun understands that Cardiff City are poised to complete the signing of striker Danny Ward from Rotherham United. It is believed that a £1million fee has been agreed between the two clubs, and a medical is likely to take place over the next week.

Ward has been playing his football at Rotherham since 2015, establishing himself as their first-choice striker. He netted 12 goals last season, in a season that was disrupted by injury, as the Millers were relegated into Sky Bet League One. Although the club took up an option to extend his deal by a year, he was always expected to leave. Cardiff are set to benefit from this.

Warnock is also no stranger to Ward, having worked together when the veteran manager guided the club to the great escape a few seasons ago. Rotherham are believed to already be locating a replacement, with Fleetwood Town’s David Ball expected to enter the New York Stadium before pre-season.

Warnock is aiming to build a squad capable of promotion and Ward is certainly someone that will score goals at this level. His track record alone proves that. The 25-year-old, who has previously played for Huddersfield Town, will provide another option for the Bluebirds up front. A lot was expected of Danish international Kenneth Zohore towards the end of last season, so much so he was starting games when struggling for 100% fitness. Adding another striker of this quality adds more variation and another dimension to the group. The deal should be completed with the next few weeks.

how are Cardiff going to benefit from Rotherham taking up the 1 year option..? had they not he would be a free agent.
Huddersfield are the club that will benefit because they have a seel on clause in there.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:29 pm

72 Football

Monday 5th June 2017

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:41 pm

norms76 wrote:
Jules wrote:Tricky wingers Kadeem Harris and Junior Hoilett have also been released :shock:

Shit journalism, Warnock has said both are getting new deals.

I know Norms , should have pointed out what I meant. :thumbup:

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQiuqK28DXw

Not much but relevant referred to him as their best striker, can only assume he had him as a target for a while.

For 1 million good signing, a record for a team that was relegated really early.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Now go get the other Danny Ward ;)

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Reza wrote:Apparently we have made a bid for danny ward and he will be a bluebird by the end of the week

Cardiff to sign Danny Ward in £1million deal with Rotherham striker set for a medical this week

By Allan Wixon

Monday 5th June 2017

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has agreed a fee and terms for the forward, who will have a medical in Wales this week.

Ward played for Warnock at the Millers and the relegated club have opted to sell as he is entering the last year of his contract.

Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog
Rotherham are close to signing striker David Ball from Fleetwood as his replacement.

Don't understand how this is a brilliant signing :?

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Reza wrote:Apparently we have made a bid for danny ward and he will be a bluebird by the end of the week

By Allan Wixon

Monday 5th June 2017

Don't understand how this is a brilliant signing :?

Work rate, can finish,versatile scored more than any of our players have the last few yrs(apart from this yr) and at an age where he comes with sell on value.