Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:20 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:and shes gone

shameful from corbyn really booting out one of his closest allies

Isn't it great that Jeremy has added pragmatism to his long list of attributes?

shows him to be a snake and completely ruthless to the people who stuck by him with little honour

No I don't agree with that. He's shown leadership and it's refreshing how strong and stable he is :thumbup:

Tell me honestly how you feel about Corbyns numerous terrorist links.
His position on Europe
His tax and spend strategy (Everything has a cost, who will pick up the tab for this)
His position on guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens in the UK but not British citizens on the continent.

His so called "terrorist" links don't concern me one iota.
His position on Europe is a little more progressive than that of May's rabble so I welcome that.
His tax and spend: if it's genuine wealth distribution I'm all for it.
His position of being proactive and guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens in the UK is both a principled and sensible position to take and I think would make for an easier negotiating strategy. He cannot of course guarantee anything about UK citizens in the EU but I would fully expect the EU to respond in an equally positive fashion.

Well your exactly who the Marxist scum hope to appeal to. Rather than dissect every point you adhere to try and answer this honestly: as PM of the UK don't you believe his first duty is to UK nationals living in the EU rather than the EU citizens living in the UK. The rest of your answers really aren't worth talking about.....redistribution of wealth :lol: :lol: :lol: so called links,

Re: FAO Wez, Dianne Abbott

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Jock wrote:Well your exactly who the Marxist scum hope to appeal to. Rather than dissect every point you adhere to try and answer this honestly: as PM of the UK don't you believe his first duty is to UK nationals living in the EU rather than the EU citizens living in the UK. The rest of your answers really aren't worth talking about.....redistribution of wealth :lol: :lol: :lol: so called links,

I used to wonder about why it was so important to look after EU citizens living in the UK before those Brits who live in the Euro Zone.

Then someone pointed out to me that those hard working Europeans actually pay tax and national insurance and contribute to the UK's GDP, whilst those UK citizens living in the EU are doing exactly the same for the country they are living in.

So to answer your question the PM has a first duty to those who are working under his/her's watch.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Jock wrote:Well your exactly who the Marxist scum hope to appeal to. Rather than dissect every point you adhere to try and answer this honestly: as PM of the UK don't you believe his first duty is to UK nationals living in the EU rather than the EU citizens living in the UK. The rest of your answers really aren't worth talking about.....redistribution of wealth :lol: :lol: :lol: so called links,

I used to wonder about why it was so important to look after EU citizens living in the UK before those Brits who live in the Euro Zone.

Then someone pointed out to me that those hard working Europeans actually pay tax and national insurance and contribute to the UK's GDP, whilst those UK citizens living in the EU are doing exactly the same for the country they are living in.

So to answer your question the PM has a first duty to those who are working under his/her's watch.

So a Bulgarian Pikey selling the Big Issue is more important than a retiree on the Costa Del Sol who's spent his working life in the UK.......best you run down the polling station and vote for the crackpot party.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Jock wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

So a Bulgarian Pikey selling the Big Issue is more important than a retiree on the Costa Del Sol who's spent his working life in the UK.......best you run down the polling station and vote for the crackpot party.

Totally agree with you Jock.
The majority of Brits abroad are as you say retired and have contributed all their working life to the UK. I lived in Spain since 1998 and have with the exception of Urban,
and other property related taxes paid all my taxes in the pay uk. This is the general norm the retired pensioners who have settled within the UK have already paid their share. Those that are taxed on pensions or incomes would always opt to pay UK taxes, they're cheaper than Euro taxes generally.unless course bullshit Corby
Gets his wish. One further point I thought that the Marxist group said all the immigrants were on Zero hours such deliveroo etc, won't be hard to calculate their taxes.but don the let the truth get in the way it might upset your leader by giving credit to us Brits.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Jock......."Marxist scum" ......."Bulgarian pikey selling the Big Issue etc".
Type of language that is disgusting. At the same time claiming not to be racist and using reasoned arguments for supporting Theresa May and the Conservatives!!! I give up. And I say that as someone not voting Labour!

Turning back to the original discussion about Dianne Abbott... I have never been a fan and disagree with many of her comments in the past. However, while I would not wish her to be Ill, her radio interviews was so bad that it was funny. It makes me think that she may really be ill (sincerely hope not Dementia). As for her replacement Emily Thornberry, she is far far better. From a Labour viewpoint it is a shame that this change had not occurred at the start of their campaign.
Finally can I congratulate the Tories on winning the election since they clearly will.and before the inevitable gloating and unfunny cartoons from her most right wing supporters on the forum. :P
This is despite their very poor campaign, being a largely anti Brexit party and with a weak leader apparently unable to argue her policies in a debate! :thumbup:
I predict (and normally I am not a miserable old git), that the next 4 to 5 years will be very difficult as Brexit takes effect. It would still have been difficult whichever party led us, but sadly the poorest in this country may be hit worst. I will be very happy to eat my words if this is wrong!! :wave: :thumbup: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Jock wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:and shes gone

shameful from corbyn really booting out one of his closest allies

Isn't it great that Jeremy has added pragmatism to his long list of attributes?

shows him to be a snake and completely ruthless to the people who stuck by him with little honour

No I don't agree with that. He's shown leadership and it's refreshing how strong and stable he is :thumbup:

Tell me honestly how you feel about Corbyns numerous terrorist links.
His position on Europe
His tax and spend strategy (Everything has a cost, who will pick up the tab for this)
His position on guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens in the UK but not British citizens on the continent.

And appointing Abbott in the first place, he's completely clueless, he couldn't run a f*cking bath !!!