Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff listed as bookies' favourites to sign ex Liverpool

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Cardiff City listed as bookies' favourites to sign former Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam - Wales Online

Cardiff are 7/2 to sign Adam with SkyBet

By Dominic Booth

Tuesday 6th June 2017

Cardiff City are listed as the bookmakers' favourites to sign Charlie Adam, with reports suggesting the Bluebirds could land the out-of-contract midfielder this summer.

Rangers are also in the race to sign Adam, whose time at Stoke City will come to an end when his deal expires on June 30.

There is the option of taking an extra year on Adam's Stoke deal but with Darren Fletcher arriving at the Bet 365 Stadium from West Brom, the Scot could move on.

He's been linked with a return to Ibrox eight years after his departure, but boomakers SkyBet suggest Neil Warnock may see Adam as an ideal replacement for Bluebirds stalwart Peter Whittingham in central midfield.

The former Liverpool and Blackpool midfield is renowned for his ability from set-pieces.

Adam's Premier League wages may prove a sticking point to any potential deal but his experience could prove valuable in a promotion push next season.

Cardiff are 7/2 to sign Adam with SkyBet, with Rangers 9/2, but the bookies think it's more likely the Scotsman will stay with the Potters (1/2).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff listed as bookies' favourites to sign ex Liverpo

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Now that would be a good signing .

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:19 pm

him or ledley would be great signings or both if we are really serious about promotion

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Reza wrote:him or ledley would be great signings or both if we are really serious about promotion

Both would be even better !!

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:41 pm

I would be happy with this signing more than ledley, but would he lower his wages and sign who knows.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:I would be happy with this signing more than ledley, but would he lower his wages and sign who knows.

Is he out of contract at stoke ?

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Can't see it happening sorry, he's got to be on big wages there. Yes he'll take a paycut wherever he goes but I still don't think we can afford him. The Stoke fans want to keep him, I think he'll go to a newly promoted club.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:52 pm

As far as I'm aware Wez he's a free agent.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:06 pm

Adam Bogdan

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:18 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:As far as I'm aware Wez he's a free agent.

May not be that big of wages could get a nice promotion bonus instead ?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:28 pm

No thanks