Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY DUO PEN NEW DEALS!

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Cardiff City duo Lee Peltier and Junior Hoilett sign new contracts with the club
By Jordan Jones

Cardiff City duo Lee Peltier and Junior Hoilett have extended their stay at the Cardiff City Stadium by signing new contracts.

The pair were influential in Cardiff achieving safety under Neil Warnock last season, with Hoilett’s pace and trickery proving a hassle for defenders whilst Lee Peltier helped sure up the Cardiff City defence at right-back.

Hoilett who would have become a free agent at the end of the month has signed a one year-extension to his contract after signing on a free transfer back in October. The Canadian international’s contract will expire next summer.

The 27 year-old made 28 appearances for the Bluebirds last season, scoring two goals and claiming three assists.

Peltier joined the club for a nominal fee back in Januay 2015 from Huddersfield Town and has signed a new two-year deal which will see him stay till the summer of 2019.

Speaking to the Cardiff City website, the former Terriers captain said that manager Neil Warnock was a massive part of him staying at the club.

“You can see what he has done since he came in and he wants to have a good go at it next season.

“That was a massive influence on me putting pen to paper as I’ve bought in to what he wants to do. I’m definitely looking forward to getting going again.”

Re: CITY DUO PEN NEW DEALS!

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Just Kadeem Harris to sort now and things starting to take shape! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Sven wrote:Just Kadeem Harris to sort now and things starting to take shape! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

And Manga hopefully? Unfortunately it's more hope than expectation.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
Sven wrote:Just Kadeem Harris to sort now and things starting to take shape! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

And Manga hopefully? Unfortunately it's more hope than expectation.

Agree :thumbup:

I'd love to see that happen and I'm hoping "no news is good news" but I understand Manga's contract doesn't end until 30th June, so maybe it's just a case of him running it down?

I was also told that Manga would like to stay "for the right deal" as he has 'bought into' Neil Warnock after he helped sort his head out after both injury and personal issues curtailed his appearances in recent times

We live in hope...until told otherwise! :thumbright: :ayatollah: