Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Latest News on Cardiff Target Jonny Hayes '

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:53 pm

There have been a few things developing, admits Cardiff City and Nottingham Forest 'target' Jonny Hayes

Nottingham Post

By Sarah_Clapson

Tuesday June 06, 2017

Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes has admitted "there's been a few things developing", after being linked with Nottingham Forest, Celtic and Cardiff City.

The 29-year-old says he is flattered by the interest but is focused on playing for his country for the time being, as Republic of Ireland prepare for a World Cup qualifier with Austria.

Cardiff and Celtic have both reportedly made bids for Hayes, with the latter said to be favourites for his signature.

The Irish Examiner, though, claims both the Bluebirds and Forest are prepared to better the Scottish side's offer of 1.5m euros (about £1.3m) and 18,000 euros-per-week salary.

Asked about Celtic, Hayes is quoted by the Scottish Sun as saying: "We've obviously known about it for a while now.

"There have been a few things developing with the club. It means you are doing something right if somebody else is taking a look."

Jonny Hayes signed a new contract with Aberdeen in January

"You can take it as a compliment. As far as I'm aware I am still an Aberdeen player.

"I enjoy it there and it's an old cliche but we'll wait and see what happens.

"I just wanted to finish the season with Aberdeen and I signed a new deal there (until 2019) in January. I was really just concentrating on that.

"Whatever happens over the summer will happen."

Reds boss Mark Warburton is said to have wanted to sign Hayes while he was at Rangers, while Cardiff had a £600,000 bid rejected in January.

The midfielder joined the Dons on a free transfer from Inverness Caledonian Thistle in 2012 and scored 11 goals in 44 appearances last season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.