Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' ADAM LE FONDRE: IT'S OFFICIAL '

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:14 am

Adam le Fondre leaves Cardiff City FC and is delighted to join Bolton Wanderers permanently
By Daniel Lewis

Wednesday 7th June 2017

Adam le Fondre has described Bolton Wanderers as his "spiritual home" after agreeing a permanent deal with the newly-promoted Championship club.

The 30-year-old striker, who has spent two loan spells with the Trotters, will officially join once he has completed a medical.

Le Fondre departs Cardiff City after three years with the Welsh outfit, in which time he failed to nail down a regular starting spot.

After beginning the latest chapter of his career, linking up with Bolton on a free transfer, Le Fondre admitted to being delighted.

"It's not going to be a shock that I've signed and it's been a long time coming," he told the club's official website. "Bolton Wanderers is my spiritual home at the moment and I'm really looking forward to putting in a lot of hard work and get going."

Le Fondre scored eight goals in 17 outings for Wanderers during his most recent six-month loan deal.

Re: LE FONDRE: IT'S OFFICIAL

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:54 am

Spiritual Home?

Obviously didn't become that until his lucrative contract had expired with us.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:05 am

Well that was one of the worst signings ever....

Re: ' ADAM LE FONDRE: IT'S OFFICIAL '

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:14 am

Headline shoud read:

' ADAM LE FONDRE MUGS CLUB AND GETS AWAY WITH IT: IT'S OFFICIAL '

Gutless mercenary.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 am

I feel the criticism ALF gets is a bit harsh.

What I saw of him on the field was 100%. I will agree that he was brought in to score goals but that is no quarantee in football and unfortunately for ALF that is what happened to him.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I feel the criticism ALF gets is a bit harsh.

What I saw of him on the field was 100%. I will agree that he was brought in to score goals but that is no quarantee in football and unfortunately for ALF that is what happened to him.

Agreed. He's a poacher who was brought in to score goals, and then in his very first game played out on the wing. Continued to be played out of position until Slade arrived, who then partnered him up with a lazy and lethargic Kenwyne Jones. ALF continued to then run his arse off every game to accommodate Jones' unforgivable workrate. ALF's goal scoring form suffered as a result, and by the time he went out on loan, he appeared to have lost all confidence in front of form.

But hey, it suits the agenda of most of our fans (i.e. bitch about anyone and anything they can) to forget all of the above and just rip ALF a new one instead. Fact of the matter is, we ruined him as a player, just like we ruined many others during that spell too, some of whom have only come back into form by playing elsewhere.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 am

He's delighted ??? well so am I.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:00 am

Good riddance.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 am

Just didn't work out for him here sadly, but can't really argue against his overall scoring record at this level.

I guess it's a banker he will score against us next season!

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:44 am

I think the treatment he gets on here is good after what he did to this club he only came to the club as we the only ones daft enough to pay the wages he was demanding even his club Reading wouldnt pay it daft Ole gunner did though.

People who knew him stated Lefondre didnt want to come to the club and he was 1 player who couldnt say he didnt have the chance he had more chances under Ole and Slade than others.

He ripped us off end of and should be giving a Jack welcome when he plays us,
Good Riddunce

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:11 pm

always though he gave 100% myself. dont remember anyone complaining about his work rate at the time either

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

My beef with him is only months after costing this club £3m he (or his wife) decided he didn't like it here and wanted a move up north. It didn't matter the club (including the fans) were well out of pocket just so his personal circumstances could be accommodated.

The £3m (plus his high wages) he cost us could have been used elsewhere such as the academy which was desperate for funding and could have saved jobs and brought talent through.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

My beef with him is only months after costing this club £3m he (or his wife) decided he didn't like it here and wanted a move up north. It didn't matter the club (including the fans) were well out of pocket just so his personal circumstances could be accommodated.

The £3m (plus his high wages) he cost us could have been used elsewhere such as the academy which was desperate for funding and could have saved jobs and brought talent through.

Tony, you are spot on. With most, it wasn't his on-field performances (a lack of goals did have mitigating circumstances when he was played out of position and alongside Kenwyne) but it was his off-field antics and comments that put fans against him

It was clear from others who knew him that he came here almost 'because he had to' and not because he 'wanted' to. He then moaned about it publicly once he realised he was right all along and from that point on he was an expensive burden around the club's shoulders

Criticism isn't harsh and it's probably justified given his comments whilst he was still taking a hefty wedge from this club and playing for another! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

wrong Tony. Slade actually told him he was dropped and would be sub and also that the club would be looking to loan him out. at the airport on route to Boro. yes he was pissed off.
but out on loan he went ..4 or 5 times. we have had plenty here who have sat out huge chunks of very lucrative contracts with dubious nigling injuries happy to just not play and pick up the mazzoomers
my opinion on him as a player was he tried hard but was nowhere near good enough. his record prior to coming here was inflated not by facts and stats but in individual fans minds.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Good luck Adam! Shame it didn't work out. Think it is a good move for all involved parties.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Gavin wrote:Well that was one of the worst signings ever....

Along with a lot more rubbish ( in wages ) - From that Clueless Clown..... OGS :roll:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Thank god he's gone he was noting but a leech on the club and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Thank god he's gone he was noting but a leech on the club and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

im glad he has gone for the wage reduction too..few more need to go..saadi. 20minutes and no goals .top of the list.. :lol:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Thank god he's gone he was noting but a leech on the club and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

im glad he has gone for the wage reduction too..few more need to go..saadi. 20minutes and no goals .top of the list.. :lol:

Saadi should be given at least a Pre season hopefully.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

was a long time ago i know,before a pitch invasion was a hanging offence
but i reckon ive had more minutes than Saadi tbh
how about me getting a pre season.?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:27 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Are you small bulky and got a bit of pace? :lol:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i tick 1 of those boxes.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i tick 1 of those boxes.

You're sold. :laughing6:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i tick 1 of those boxes.

must add..im Welsh. and always hungry. ..so i think im worth 2 extra ticks.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i tick 1 of those boxes.

It's hardly French Algerian is it. :lol:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 pm

With Bakes on the criticism bit, he joined here in time where he was played up top with Nicky Maynard at Wolves away in for me was one of the worst performances I have seen from us, lost 1-0 in the last minute when we should have lost 5/6-0 that day and don't remind the time we got a point at Blackburn where we played a 4-3-3 with Le Fondre and Maynard on the wings with Jones in the middle. I think at the point he signed we were in a mess, Ole really didn't know what he was doing for the first few games in the season we went down, the turmoil between fans and board got worse if it couldn't already and I think in the season he signed we were scoring goals off scraps under Ole and Slade.. I remember Wigan away where we won our first away game that season it took a bobbly Gunnarsson run to get us a goal. I also feel Le Fondre just lost the confidence and he never got a really tidy bunch of games under his belt because the squad was always changed every week.

Best of luck to him.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:25 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

i tick 1 of those boxes.

It's hardly French Algerian is it. :lol:

Welsh and hungry trumps all your johnny foreigner stuff on here mate. if only Parkin had been welsh. :lol: