Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" REVEALED WHAT CARDIFF CITY REALLY RECEIVED "

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:18 am

" REVEALED WHAT CARDIFF CITY RECEIVED "

£16,298,146

Wednesday 07th June 2017

Over £219m has been paid out to Championship clubs who competed in the 2016/17 season.

That’s right, over £219m was shared out between seven clubs in the second tier.

To be exact, an astonishing £219,117,013 was banked by the lucky seven.

These are the figures as revealed by sports finance experts Sporting Intelligence:

£40,915,922 Aston Villa

£40,915,922 Newcastle United

£40,915,922 Norwich

£31,176,663 QPR

£16,298,146 Cardiff

£16,298,146 Fulham

£16,298,146 Reading

£16,298,146 Wigan

Naturally the headlines will be made by Newcastle and Aston Villa, as well as to a lesser extent Norwich.

Newcastle because they received a £41m advantage over all but six of the other 23 Championship teams, no matter that Rafa Benitez made a £40m profit in last summer’s transfer market to help fund the bounce back mission.

Whilst Villa will quite rightly get stick for wasting so much of that money on players not up to the job.

As for Norwich, they probably can count themselves pretty lucky that both Newcastle & Villa distract a lot of attention away from their failure to use the money wisely last season.

There are other interesting tales to tell, such as QPR still getting over £31m but in their case it disappears into that big black hole of debt they built up.

Wigan relegated despite picking up more than £16m in parachute payments for this campaign.

Whilst Fulham and Reading’s promotion near misses maybe weren’t quite so plucky, each picking up over £16m in parachute cash whilst promoted Huddersfield had a total turnover this season of only £11.3m!

Interesting to see how the likes of Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Villa will use their parachute payments advantage next season.

WITH STILL ANOTHER PARACHUTE PAYMENT TO COME FOR CARDIFF CITY & SEASON TICKET SALES / PLUS MANY BIG EARNERS FINALLY GOING / WARNOCK SHOULD BE OK FOR A FAIRLY GOOD BUDGET FROM VINCENT TAN :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " REVEALED WHAT CARDIFF CITY REALLY RECEIVED "

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:38 am

if warnock doesnt get around 10m it'll be a crime,thats still leaving tan pocket 6m to come off the debt plus this last yrs parachute payment

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:01 am

Reza wrote:if warnock doesnt get around 10m it'll be a crime,thats still leaving tan pocket 6m to come off the debt plus this last yrs parachute payment

That sounds all good but I think it's a bit more complicated than that? Millions of costs of running a club it's never a + b = c

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 am

Reza wrote:if warnock doesnt get around 10m it'll be a crime,thats still leaving tan pocket 6m to come off the debt plus this last yrs parachute payment

That might be true if all other income (ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorship etc) covered all running costs. It doesn't.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 am

nubbsy wrote:

That sounds all good but I think it's a bit more complicated than that? Millions of costs of running a club it's never a + b = c

Exactly, by no means am I tan fan but it's not as simple as we've been given 16 mill surely Warnock must be given at least 10 mill for transfers. We've slowly started balancing the books and running the club on a more sensible level, I'd prefer for this to continue than throwing the kitchen sink at it and putting ourselves back in to trouble. We've finally got a manager that can work with a reasonable budget and build a very competitive team.

:ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:43 am

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Exactly, by no means am I tan fan but it's not as simple as we've been given 16 mill surely Warnock must be given at least 10 mill for transfers. We've slowly started balancing the books and running the club on a more sensible level, I'd prefer for this to continue than throwing the kitchen sink at it and putting ourselves back in to trouble. We've finally got a manager that can work with a reasonable budget and build a very competitive team.

Exactly plus we have to pay the players with a wage bill in excess of £25m per season. So the real question is where are we going to find the extra £9m for the wage bill?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:02 am

nubbsy wrote:

Sensible post mate, we're still stacked with debt so MOST of the money we make on cuts etc will go toward the debt and rightly so.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 am

nubbsy wrote:

He will not spend £10m on transfers. Wages are the biggest factor. Remember, a player on 20 grand a week costs a million pounds a year in wages - 3 million over a 3 year contract. All our signings will be for out of contract players, and its unlikely he'll go much above £1m fee for anyone.