Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City match their Offer / So now who's going to up?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:02 am

Celtic told to up offer

Who will up their offet Celtic or Cardiff City?

The Scottsman

Wednesday 7th June 2017

Celtic have been told to up their offer for Jonny Hayes after Cardiff City matched the £1.2million offer for the 29-year-old. Aberdeen are resigned to losing the player this summer, though they would prefer to not sell to a Ladbrokes Premiership rival. Brendan Rodgers is looking to make the winger his first summer signing. (Press and Journal)

Re: Cardiff City match their Offer / So now who's going to u

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:07 am

hope we dont buy him

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 am

paulh_85 wrote:hope we dont buy him

Any particular reason why not?

From the games I've seen him involved in, looks a very direct and skillfull player, improves on what we have. Will be on lower wages than Pilks or noone

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 am

langstoneBlue wrote:

From the games I've seen him involved in, looks a very direct and skillfull player, improves on what we have. Will be on lower wages than Pilks or noone

If we can get him for less than 1.5mill I would sign him up.

1. Improvment on what we have currently ( from what i've watched )
2. Lower wages then Noone & Pilks
3. 1.5mill is nothing in todays market

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:38 am

How can you judge a player in that league he could be rubbish in the championship.

He looks ok I hope he is better than Noone or Pilks I am not convinced however we have tried to get him since Janaury
we have gone from 500 grand back then and over doubled it now so if Celtic want to go higher let them carry on as Celtic
want him as back up we want him a first team player.

If he picks Celtic and he is happy to pick up his money and sit on the bench he is not the type I want we have had to many of them recently actually we had one over paid striker Lefondre didnt even do that for us he went anywhere to get away from us

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 am

langstoneBlue wrote:

The price is clearly Inflated for a player who's never played at this level and considering his age. Cornelious looked like a world beater in the Danish league

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:25 am

valleyrambill wrote:How can you judge a player in that league he could be rubbish in the championship.

He looks ok I hope he is better than Noone or Pilks I am not convinced however we have tried to get him since Janaury
we have gone from 500 grand back then and over doubled it now so if Celtic want to go higher let them carry on as Celtic

If he picks Celtic and he is happy to pick up his money and sit on the bench he is not the type I want we have had to many of them recently actually we had one over paid striker Lefondre didnt even do that for us he went anywhere to get away from us

He will do us fine if he comes here, People said the same about Burke, McNaughton, McCormack etc

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:34 am

Don't think Warnock will get involved in a bidding war.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 am

adamt958 wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:How can you judge a player in that league he could be rubbish in the championship.

He will do us fine if he comes here, People said the same about Burke, McNaughton, McCormack etc

If he was the same age as those three, on reasonable wages, I would agree, But he is 30 next month so is a bigger risk if he is signed. Likely to be slowing down in a position where pace makes all the difference, and less chance of recouping any transfer fee in the future. Of course none of us know however many YouTube clips we watch. He could turn out to be the missing link and a late career star.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:45 am

jon1959 wrote:
adamt958 wrote:

If he was the same age as those three, on reasonable wages, I would agree, But he is 30 next month so is a bigger risk if he is signed. Likely to be slowing down in a position where pace makes all the difference, and less chance of recouping any transfer fee in the future. Of course none of us know however many YouTube clips we watch. He could turn out to be the missing link and a late career star.

and he will cost more than those three combined

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 am

He does look like a decent player, but I am only going on a few minutes of highlights and some recent reports.

It's fair to say that if Celtic are after him he must have something about him...whatever you think of Brendan Rogers he is a decent manager and a good judge of a player

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Either Aberdeen are holding out for more money or Hayes is hoping Celtic come in because that is preferred option but for me if Celtic up their bid then leave them have him. Not getting worked up over this one.