Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ex Cardiff City Striker Now Finally Happy '

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:16 am

ADAM LE FONDRE NOW FINALLY HAPPY

Bolton News

Wednesday 7th June 2017

Adam Le Fondre:

"It's not going to be a shock to anyone that I've signed here at Bolton - it's definitely been a long time coming," said the frontman.

"This club is my spiritual home really and I'm looking forward to putting in a lot of hard work and getting going.

"When something clicks at a football club, it's special and that definitely happened for me here at Bolton.

"Last season, I was in a bit of a lull at Wigan and wasn't playing - it felt as though I was going to end up sitting on the bench all season there.

"I knew that I couldn't cope with that with myself being out of contract in the summer, but luckily the opportunity came up for me to come back to Bolton and I jumped at it.

"It took me a few games to get going, but once I did I didn't look back and the goals came for me.

"I'm now looking forward to having a proper pre-season for the first time in two years and just hitting the ground running."

Looking at what lies ahead for himself and his teammates, Le Fondre added, "I can't wait to get back into Championship football.

"A lot of the boys in the squad know the division well and they know what to expect.

"It will be a big test for us and every game is a battle, but you have to be resilient and ruthless - all the things that we were as a team last season.

"We need to continue in that vein and add to the quality that we have in the squad at the moment."

The Stockport-born forward also praised manager Phil Parkinson following his decision to return to the club for a third time.

"I spoke to the gaffer prior to coming back here," said Le Fondre. "He was really enthused about me rejoining and was impressed with what I'd produced last season.

"I love working with him - he was brilliant when I came back and his style of training is right up my street in terms of intensity.

"That is what I thrive off and I think everyone can see that I was enjoying my football again.

"Everybody has difficult spells in football, but I feel like I've bounced back from that time now and I can't wait to get going.

"The fans have been brilliant with me from day one and I can't thank them enough for the support they've shown me."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.