Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAYES LOOKING AT ALL OPTIONS, AS...

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Birmingham City open up talks with Cardiff City and Celtic target
By Adam Allcroft

Wednesday 7th June 2017

Birmingham City have opened talks with Aberdeen’s Johnny Hayes according to a report from Teamtalk.

Hayes has been a much tracked player during this transfer window and it appears the tale of where he might land is going to be one of the recurring stories of the summer. It seemed at first that Hayes would be staying in Scotland as Celtic started talks with him last week and seemed to have a head start but that deal has stalled over whether or not Ryan Christie would be heading the other way. There have also been reports that Cardiff are interested in signing Hayes as well.

But now Birmingham are hoping to beat both clubs to the signing of Hayes as they have opened up talks of their own. They are said to be more well-funded than usual this summer and are looking to heavily strengthen their squad now that they have head coach Harry Redknapp’s future at the club secure, especially as they came very close to being relegated last season.

And with the club being very impressed with Hayes when they scouted him, they have moved in for him and are now in talks about signing him. With them expected to be able to pay more than Cardiff and the fact talks with Celtic have stalled over the last week, Birmingham are now positioning themselves as the favourite to sign the winger and will be hoping to complete this deal in the next few weeks. However their status as favourite may be endangered if Aberdeen and Celtic agree on the future of Ryan Christie and where he should be playing next season.

Re: HAYES LOOKING AT ALL OPTIONS, AS...

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Let him go move on

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Underwhelmed by this guy, hope we dodge the bullet

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:12 pm

He's clearly not fussed about coming this is dragging out.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:He's clearly not fussed about coming this is dragging out.

He's doing what any player wIll do given the chance? If he does come here he will give is best that's for sure! Besides I'm positive if NW doesn't think him worth it he wIll back out. :thumbup:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:15 pm

This is too public
Don't like it

These public ones never go well for Cardiff usually.
We are just a toy between the agent and the club the player wants.

Casts a cloud then if we don't get him.

He's an Aberdeen player who's had a great season.
A Craig Conway on fire -If he comes he comes but no dramas, he's not worth that. (The agent I mean!)

I'm with the move on brigade here :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:19 pm

He's mucking us about he obviously doesn't fancy coming down here..... Reminds me of the Tom Ince scenario. Let's move on.