Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Your Prediction of General Election 2017?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Con 331
Lab 232
SNP 56
Libs 8
PC 3
Not full results

My Guess
Con 360 (+29)
Lab 207 (-25)
SNP 45 (-11)
Libs 15 (+7)
PC 3 (0)

Re: Your Prediction of General Election 2017?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Torres 323 -8
Labour 244 +12
SNP 46 -10
Libs 15 +7
Plaid 3

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 pm

llan bluebird wrote: 2015
Con 331
Lab 232
SNP 56
Libs 8
PC 3
Not full results

My Guess
Con 360 (+29)
Lab 207 (-25)
SNP 45 (-11)
Libs 15 (+7)
PC 3 (0)

Looks about right to me, if anything conservatives just a few more.......

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Anything less than a Tory majority would be the biggest shock in UK election history - say that as a Labour person.

But if they don't increase their majority, then May's position is untenable. She has made a right hash of this election, given the lead she had before she called the election.

Truth is that if Cameron was still PM, we (Labour) wouldn't have got close to them in the polls.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 pm

The Tories will win but their majority will be modest at best probably 20-30 seats. That will be enough to set unrest in the Tory Party and it won't be long before a civil war breaks out as May starts giving in to the Europeans in BREXIT negotiations by paying the divorce bill and allowing free movement by the back door.

When that starts happening there will be a blood bath.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Conservative majority of 40-50. Right amount to ensure Theresa May has to go ahead with a hard Brexit. Labour party will return to childish self centred squabbling as Corbyn, Abbott etc try to intimidate & bully their party to kee control.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Probably a slightly bigger majority than last time helped by the fact that it is not easy to vote for Labour as such, because half of Labour's respected shadow cabinet members refused to work with Corbyn and resigned. It would be a vote for a small group of bullies, sexists and racists, and I think a large percentage of voters can see this.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 pm

i think anything can happen..for whatever reason opinion polls seem far less reliable than they used to be.

if based purely on this site though....landslide to tories.
10 years ago here in Wales the debate would have been totally one sided probably with the odd exception being more likely to be a supporter of a minority party posting than a tory.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Wouldn't be surprised with a reduced majority for the Tories their saving grace may be the destruction of the UKIP.

Cant see there being that big a reduction in SNP seats.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:59 am

Well fair play as political predictors we are all as reliable as the useless polls as NONE of us got it right! :lol:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 am

Wow, I was miles wrong.....

I voted Tory in Pontypridd so I always knew I wasn't going to make a difference but, wow what a cock up for the country

I have to admit I started off by liking the image I had of may but didn't like the reality, she was poor really poor

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:51 am

llan bluebird wrote:Wow, I was miles wrong.....

I voted Tory in Pontypridd so I always knew I wasn't going to make a difference but, wow what a cock up for the country

I have to admit I started off by liking the image I had of may but didn't like the reality, she was poor really poor

You really had no chance if you voted Tory in Pontypridd. They could dig the body of Idi Amin up, put a red rosette on it and I guarantee it would have probably won by a landslide.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:12 am

May ran the worst campaign by an incumbent PM in political history. She was the only one who knew this election was coming, had months to prepare for it, stage managed the whole thing and still messed it up.

She's only got herself to blame, the public saw she was in it for herself and nobody else.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

You really had no chance if you voted Tory in Pontypridd. They could dig the body of Idi Amin up, put a red rosette on it and I guarantee it would have probably won by a landslide.

Then the Tories could have pinched poor old Idi and changed his rosette to blue in Vale of Glamorgan and Monmouth and he would have three seats in Parliament.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:02 pm

glas wrote:Conservative majority of 40-50. Right amount to ensure Theresa May has to go ahead with a hard Brexit. Labour party will return to childish self centred squabbling as Corbyn, Abbott etc try to intimidate & bully their party to kee control.

did well there pal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: