Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' AFC WIMBLEDON SIGN CARDIFF CITY DEFENDER '

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:31 am

' UPDATED '

Deji Oshilaja: AFC Wimbledon sign Cardiff City defender

BBC

Thursday 8th June 2017

League One side AFC Wimbledon have signed Cardiff defender Deji Oshilaja on a deal starting from the end of his contract with the Bluebirds on 1 July.

Oshilaja, 24, made 23 appearances for the Dons on loan with the then-League Two club in the 2014-15 season.

He had not played for Cardiff since August 2014, having spent the past two seasons on loan at Gillingham.

"I know that our fans really took to Deji a couple of seasons ago," manager Neal Ardley told the club website.

"I believe he could be a top centre-back and that he could also fill in for us at full-back when needed."

Cardiff City's former Sheffield Wednesday and Gillingham loanee close to AFC Wimbledon move, according to reports

Thursday 8th June 2017

Could Adedeji Oshilaja be returning to AFC Wimbledon?

Cardiff City defender Deji Oshilaja, who has enjoyed loan spells at Sheffield Wednesday and Gillingham among others, is close to joining AFC Wimbledon, according to reports.

Website Allnigeriasoccer.com have reported Oshilaja's representatives are in "advanced talks" with the Dons about a deal for the London-born player, who is eligible to represent Nigeria or England at international level.

The website continues that the 23-year-old has agreed personal terms with AFC Wimbledon.

Oshilaja, who made 40 appearances for Gillingham last season while on loan, will be no stranger to the Dons fans should he sign, having made 23 appearances for the club in League Two in the 2014-15 season.

Under six-foot, Oshilaja isn't the tallest for a centre-back, but insists that doesn't hold him back.

“I’m not the biggest, but I jump pretty well and work hard at making sure I am in the best positions to defend,” he told Wales Online in 2015.

“Big strikers don’t worry me. I am strong enough to do my job.

“This is a huge season for me and if the gaffer needs me at any time, in any position, I’ll be ready.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City Defender Joining AFC Wimbledon '

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 am

Exclusive: AFC Wimbledon Set To Complete Deal For Cardiff's Oshilaja, Chooses To Represent Nigeria:: All Nigeria Soccer - The Complete Nigerian Football Portal

Thursday 8th June 2017

understands that EFL League One club AFC Wimbledon are in advanced talks with representatives of Deji Oshilaja over a contract.

A transfer to the Kingsmeadow is imminent, as the central defender has agreed personal terms with The Dons.

The London-born Oshilaja had previously impressed during a stint with AFC Wimbledon in the 2014-2015 campaign, scoring one goal in 23 appearances and won the Young Player of the Year at the end of the season.

The 23-year-old joined Cardiff City in 2009 and has been farmed out on loan to Cardiff City, Sheffield Wednesday and Gillingham in order to gain valuable first team experience elsewhere.

Though he is also eligible to represent England, the center back has pledged his international future to Nigeria ahead of the Three Lions and has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:08 am

Whenever I saw him play for us I thought he looked pretty decent and was suprised he was loaned out so much but In warnock we trust :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Deji Oshilaja: AFC Wimbledon sign Cardiff City defender

BBC

Thursday 8th June 2017

League One side AFC Wimbledon have signed Cardiff defender Deji Oshilaja on a deal starting from the end of his contract with the Bluebirds on 1 July.

Oshilaja, 24, made 23 appearances for the Dons on loan with the then-League Two club in the 2014-15 season.

He had not played for Cardiff since August 2014, having spent the past two seasons on loan at Gillingham.

"I know that our fans really took to Deji a couple of seasons ago," manager Neal Ardley told the club website.

"I believe he could be a top centre-back and that he could also fill in for us at full-back when needed."