Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Fans Will have to Wait till October '

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am

' Cardiff City Fans Will have to Wait till October '

Thursday 08th June 2017

Cardiff City new boy Callum Paterson may not be able to make his first appearance until OCTOBER, Neil Warnock has revealed.

But the Bluebirds boss says he has complete faith the attacking full-back will be worth the wait after a 12-month chase of the Scotland international.

Paterson, 22, became Cardiff's third new signing of the summer after the Bosman capture from Hearts followed the out-of-contract arrivals of Neil Etheridge and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

It comes after plans for an initial move for the five-cap ace in January were hit when the versatile Paterson suffered knee ligament damage in SPL action.

Paterson, who made 158 appearances for the Edinburgh club before telling Tynecastle bosses he would not be signing a new deal, is still some way off full fitness despite returning to light running.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City Fans Will have to Wait till October '

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:15 pm

So, we've signed another injured payer? :?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:39 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:So, we've signed another injured payer? :?

It was common knowledge though so I don't understand why people are suddenly shocked. He done his knee ligament 27th December so it was quite obvious he wouldn't be playing yet as he's just started running etc.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm

norms76 wrote:

It was common knowledge though so I don't understand why people are suddenly shocked. He done his knee ligament 27th December so it was quite obvious he wouldn't be playing yet as he's just started running etc.

Worst thing would be to rush him back.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Jock wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Worst thing would be to rush him back.

Agree, he looks like a very promising player & he should be back only when he's 100%.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 pm

First of all welcome and good luck Callum.Im not against signing injured players cos they can turn out good bargains but
Two questions
1) how does an injured player pass a medical?

2) does anyone think the two previous managers would have had stick for signing an injured player?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:40 pm

theclaw wrote:First of all welcome and good luck Callum.Im not against signing injured players cos they can turn out good bargains but
Two questions
1) how does an injured player pass a medical?

2) does anyone think the two previous managers would have had stick for signing an injured player?

First point - I'd say that they've obviously done a risk assessment on the player and are happy with what they've seen. They would have had all the medical reports on the player and are comfortable with everything otherwise I don't think we'd have signed him.

Point 2 - I'd say there would have been a meltdown on here if say Slade had signed him. I'm a big Warnock fan don't get me wrong and trust his signings 100%, I just feel if Slade had gone for him & he was injured, a lot more would have been made of it.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:15 pm

norms76 wrote:

Well maybe to those who are shocked it wasn't common knowledge?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:31 pm

nubbsy wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Well in every article I & many others read that were copied onto this forum it always stated he was on the way back from a nasty ligament injury.

I'm assuming those who post on here are also regular readers too.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:33 pm

norms76 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Well in every article I & many others read that were copied onto this forum it always stated he was on the way back from a nasty ligament injury.

I'm assuming those who post on here are also regular readers too.

Norms Considering he is a new signing your right to assume people on here would have read all about him? But maybe they're selective in what they read! :roll: