Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football Manager 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 am

anyone on here playing the game ? I downloaded the demo, as I haven't played FM since 12, and the whole thing confused me I didn't know what I was doing and after about half hour of total confusing I removed the game, and now its on offer on steam and wondering how others are finding it ?

Re: Football Manager 2017

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:36 am

I gave up on football manager after 15, the new styles confused me so much and I couldn't seem to build a winning team no matter what.

I still play 12 to be honest

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 pm

I've played them all and i am currently playing 17, I enjoy it, it has so many features as you have seen, but most of them can be assigned to your assistant manager to take care of making things a bit easier

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:15 pm

Yeah I still play fm12, but after trying fm17 it blew me away, I had no idea what I was doing, unsure wether or not to buy it or just give it a miss for another couple of years

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:36 pm

bluebird04 wrote:anyone on here playing the game ? I downloaded the demo, as I haven't played FM since 12, and the whole thing confused me I didn't know what I was doing and after about half hour of total confusing I removed the game, and now its on offer on steam and wondering how others are finding it ?

I play the handheld manager 17 game and that's simple.
I'd try Championship manager in future, not as realistic but its far easier!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 pm

I play FM Religiously lol. I'm finding 17 a lot better than 16 which seemed unrealistic when full backs were getting between 10-15 assists from crosses every season and all goals tended to just come from crosses. 17 seems to have more of a different variation of goals and I like the new social media aspect of it. but it is difficult to adjust to when you haven't played since FM12, as so much has changed.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:00 pm

I still play it but for me the series went downhill after 2013 season sadly

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I play FM Religiously lol. I'm finding 17 a lot better than 16 which seemed unrealistic when full backs were getting between 10-15 assists from crosses every season and all goals tended to just come from crosses. 17 seems to have more of a different variation of goals and I like the new social media aspect of it. but it is difficult to adjust to when you haven't played since FM12, as so much has changed.

I might get it, a sure fire way to get a quick divorce playing that in your 30's :o

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:34 pm

see im tempted to get it, however I am going to wait to see what the price drops to on steams summer sale, which usually is around 70/75% off. is it worth it guys, I mean if I put the time in to learn ?

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:10 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:I play FM Religiously lol. I'm finding 17 a lot better than 16 which seemed unrealistic when full backs were getting between 10-15 assists from crosses every season and all goals tended to just come from crosses. 17 seems to have more of a different variation of goals and I like the new social media aspect of it. but it is difficult to adjust to when you haven't played since FM12, as so much has changed.

I might get it, a sure fire way to get a quick divorce playing that in your 30's :o

:lol: :lol: