Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THOUGHTS ON NEW KIT 2017/18?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:40 am

After just seeing Flamengo's new away kit for 17/18, it made me wonder if we might have anything similar...
Imagine this Adidas kit but in blue, white and yellow. Emulating the famous 1977 kit (It is a 40 year anniversary after all)
What a masterpiece that would be! Although I'm sure we'll be stuck with a boring plain Adidas template.
We can only hope :bluescarf: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Kit 17/18

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Good spot. If that was in BWY it would look incredible and we would sell a ton. I think that the club have done a great job with Adidas and the kits have been great in terms of aesthetics and the superb quality that 3 Stripes are renowned for. I hope we continue with them forever.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Would love that to be in blue, I felt that this seasons kit didn't have any real design behind, I hope the upcoming seasons kit has a bit of history and creativity to it.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Best adidas template I have seen for this season

Re: THOUGHTS ON NEW KIT 2017/18?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:52 pm

The based on the iconic 70's kit and I would 100% buy it. And I've never actually bought a city top before!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:42 pm

The club have started to get more thing right over the last year . If the club have any say over the kit design and I am not sure they do or don't then having the kit close the iconic kit of the 70s will be very popular amougst fans and be a huge step
forward . Even my boys fav kit is the 70s one and they were not born until the 1990s

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:The club have started to get more thing right over the last year . If the club have any say over the kit design and I am not sure they do or don't then having the kit close the iconic kit of the 70s will be very popular amougst fans and be a huge step
forward . Even my boys fav kit is the 70s one and they were not born until the 1990s

The 70's kit is certainly iconic and further enhanced by THAT photo of City legend Robin Friday! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Would look something like this, I am not great with Photoshop sorry! :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Sven wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:The club have started to get more thing right over the last year . If the club have any say over the kit design and I am not sure they do or don't then having the kit close the iconic kit of the 70s will be very popular amougst fans and be a huge step

The 70's kit is certainly iconic and further enhanced by THAT photo of City legend Robin Friday! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Your right Chris.
That kit in the OP would look brilliant in BWY and would certainly be different and unique.
It obviously won't happen though and we'll end up with a boring template that could be Chelsea or any other teams.
Still, can't complain too much after the red debacle!!!

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Would look something like this, I am not great with Photoshop sorry! :ayatollah:

Decent effort mate, that would look fab if the club produced something like that :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:28 am

excellent. Really like that one, it would look good for the team and fans. i prefer the 70's one and still got that shirt with the yellow strip down the side. Had it for my 60th birthday- 13 years ago. time flies!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:10 pm

That would be a quality design with our blue, yellow, and white colours. Great spotting mate. Let's hope your suspicions are correct! :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:After just seeing Flamengo's new away kit for 17/18, it made me wonder if we might have anything similar...
Imagine this Adidas kit but in blue, white and yellow. Emulating the famous 1977 kit (It is a 40 year anniversary after all)
What a masterpiece that would be! Although I'm sure we'll be stuck with a boring plain Adidas template.
We can only hope :bluescarf: :bluebird:

That would be great to see but I can't see us having any unique design. It'll be a boring template again. We first had the kit btw in 1975 so it'd be the 42nd anniversary

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Would be great. Back to our blue, white and yellow.
It just looks so right.