Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY HAVE WITHDRAWN THEIR OFFER "

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:26 pm

" CARDIFF CITY HAVE WITHDRAWN THEIR OFFER "

Jonny Hayes no longer a target for Cardiff
By Sky Sports News HQ

Thursday 8th June 2017

Cardiff City have withdrawn their offer for Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The Championship club are understood to be frustrated by the lack of progress after tabling a bid of £750,000 rising to £1.2m for the Republic of Ireland international.

Their withdrawal clears the way for Celtic, who have are also known to have tabled a similar bid.

Cardiff tried to sign Hayes twice in January but both bids were rejected, and the player subsequently signed a new deal with Aberdeen until 2019.

Hayes made 43 appearances for Aberdeen last season as they finished runners-up in the Scottish Premiership, scoring 11 goals.

Celtic's offer could also see 22-year-old midfielder Ryan Christie go the other way to Pittodrie.

The 29-year-old began his career in Reading's academy but he never made a senior appearance for the Royals and signed for Leicester in 2007.

Hayes struggled for game time at the Foxes and spent time on loan at Northampton and Macclesfield before joining Inverness Caledonian Thistle on a free transfer in 2009.

After three years in the Highlands he moved East to Aberdeen, for whom he has made over 200 appearances and scored 30 goals.

Re: SOURCES: HAYES DEAL OFF!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Happy with that :ayatollah:

Increasingly getting the impression he was 'hedging his bets' and that never bodes well for a player who then claims to be committed to his 'new' team and (assuming these usually accurate Sky Sports reports when it comes to Scotland are correct) I'm sure Neil Warnock will have other targets to go for :thumbright:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Same problem as with most players in the modern game. Money is the number one priority, the club is almost irrelevant as long as the player and his agent can make a nice buck out of the 2 or 3 year contract. A year or two later it boils down to which club can be held to ransom at that particular time. A sport full of greed where we also have to pay, whether it be by attending matches or paying through the nose for Sky, but to be fair, how can a top player struggle to survive on a mere £80k a week.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Doesn't Sam Gallagher play on the wing as well as a striker, and defends well, similar to Hayes, I think though that Danny ward is an out striker, so are we now going for the two of them :shock:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Igovernor wrote:Doesn't Sam Gallagher play on the wing as well as a striker, and defends well, similar to Hayes, I think though that Danny ward is an out striker, so are we now going for the two of them :shock:

One or both of these would be a great acquisition for the club :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Re: " CARDIFF CITY HAVE WITHDRAWN THEIR OFFER "

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:11 pm

in other words.
he will be a cardiff player by monday

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm glad....he's just a mercenary who is happy just to pick up his cheque, sat on the bench at Celtic! Now it's time to go for Gallagher and the Rotherham guy. Then, get Charlie Adam to boss the midfield and the Angolan guy who can add the dynamism in the middle. We will have some side then!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:21 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:in other words.
he will be a cardiff player by monday

You could, of course, be right! :thumbright: ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:23 pm

shame we couldn't get him, but this transfer has been getting ridiculous, we have been after the guy since January and by the sounds of it have been in talks with Aberdeen and Hayes for about a month now and still no progress. the club and player seem to just be messing us around now, and it seems the best decision to go after someone else who actually wants to play for us. My fear was that we would pursue Hayes for another month only for him to join Celtic and then by the time we went in for player B he would have already joined someone else. Lets move on and find someone younger and more interested in joining our club instead of a player that's happy enough sitting on the bench in a amateur league and picking up a pay check till he retires.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:shame we couldn't get him, but this transfer has been getting ridiculous, we have been after the guy since January and by the sounds of it have been in talks with Aberdeen and Hayes for about a month now and still no progress. the club and player seem to just be messing us around now, and it seems the best decision to go after someone else who actually wants to play for us. My fear was that we would pursue Hayes for another month only for him to join Celtic and then by the time we went in for player B he would have already joined someone else. Lets move on and find someone younger and more interested in joining our club instead of a player that's happy enough sitting on the bench in a amateur league and picking up a pay check till he retires.

Ross Wallace please. Not sure on his age as I think he's over 30 but he's a free agent and is proven quality for this league. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Well done Warnock we only want players that want to play for the club. It was becoming obvious this guy was not really interested so move on to another target. Lets get a squad full of players who want to sweat blood for the shirt that's the way to push for a top 6 place in this league.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:44 pm

I don't even think we are really after him......Oh Kadeem sign this contract or i have your replacement ready.....

Again, i could be wrong

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Good f**k him, we don't want players who don't want to be here!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:48 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:shame we couldn't get him, but this transfer has been getting ridiculous, we have been after the guy since January and by the sounds of it have been in talks with Aberdeen and Hayes for about a month now and still no progress. the club and player seem to just be messing us around now, and it seems the best decision to go after someone else who actually wants to play for us. My fear was that we would pursue Hayes for another month only for him to join Celtic and then by the time we went in for player B he would have already joined someone else. Lets move on and find someone younger and more interested in joining our club instead of a player that's happy enough sitting on the bench in a amateur league and picking up a pay check till he retires.

Ross Wallace please. Not sure on his age as I think he's over 30 but he's a free agent and is proven quality for this league. :ayatollah:

great shout i didnt realise he was out of contract hes a brilliant wee winger too

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Sven wrote:Happy with that :ayatollah:

Increasingly getting the impression he was 'hedging his bets' and that never bodes well for a player who then claims to be committed to his 'new' team and (assuming these usually accurate Sky Sports reports when it comes to Scotland are correct) I'm sure Neil Warnock will have other targets to go for :thumbright:

agree.he really dont seem keen.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Reza wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

great shout i didnt realise he was out of contract hes a brilliant wee winger too

Current club
Sheffield Wednesday

Position
Right Midfield

Nationality
Scotland Scotland

Contract until

Possibly sign a new deal by then but If Warnock can get him then he's the man!!!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:59 pm

If this is true could mean we have signed someone else hmmm.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Well done Warnock we only want players that want to play for the club. It was becoming obvious this guy was not really interested so move on to another target. Lets get a squad full of players who want to sweat blood for the shirt that's the way to push for a top 6 place in this league.

well if I recall after the Huddersfield game, didn't Warnock say next season he wanted players on that field who die for him and the shirt :lol:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Nice to see we've learned from the Tom Ince saga. If the club or player dither - Bye bye. Its refreshing so see this from the club. :bluescarf: