A forum for all things Cardiff City

City reject 3 million bid for Morrison

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:11 pm

From Sheffield Wednesday

Re: City reject 3 million bid for Morrison

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Always Blue wrote:From Sheffield Wednesday

Nah! Surely not! :roll:

I don't mind Morrison, but at that price he'd be secured in Warnock's car with SatNav set as we speak! :laughing6:

Sheffield Wednesday are looking Tom Ince and Aaron Mooy currently ;)

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:26 pm

Sven wrote:

I don't mind Morrison, but at that price he'd be secured in Warnock's car with SatNav set as we speak! :laughing6:

Sky Sports Reporter Kaveh Solhekol has just tweeted it Chris. :thumbright:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:27 pm

I'd sell him for that.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:30 pm

If this is true it shows the backing NW is getting and our intent for next season :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:35 pm

if that's true I would have accepted that. he's worth 2-3m and I bet we could get a quicker, sharper CB for less money. would defo accept it if they go up to 4m.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:40 pm

Come back with an offer if Manga signs his extension I guess.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:54 pm

That's a lot money for him,if we don't sell Warnock must really rate him!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Kaveh Solhekol @SkyKaveh

Cardiff City have rejected a £3m offer from Sheffield Wednesday for their captain Sean Morrison

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:26 pm

I personally do not believe City would reject £3mill for Morrison

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:27 pm

That's mental....I would hand on hand rate Big Ben ahead of Morrison and he went for free.....

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:30 pm

I think Warnock reckons he can get his money worth out of Mozza and I would expect him to still be here next season but I can see us selling if wednesday up to anything above 4 mill, remember everyone that we did pay around 3mill for him in the first place.

Considering he is now entering the last year of his contract that is still a decent offer, I would sell though if we get an increased offer Morrison.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:42 pm

You can tell warnock rates Morrison very highly I think he would ask the board to reject as he wants to keep him imo

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:26 pm

I rate Morrison fairplay he's a cracking player I wouldn't sell him either

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:29 pm

I think he gets way too much stick in my opinion. Scores some really important goals last season too.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Certainly wouldn't want to loose him, wouldn't get any better.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Certainly wouldn't want to loose him, wouldn't get any better.

For £3m we could spend that on keeping Manga, who certainly is better than Morrison.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Our last 4 managers have all seen Morrison as key to the success of the team and made him club captain. Unless we secure Bruno for the season, then I don't think he's going anywhere. This could even be a ploy by his agent to get an improved/extended contract for his man.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:05 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:Certainly wouldn't want to loose him, wouldn't get any better.

For £3m we could spend that on keeping Manga, who certainly is better than Morrison.

Mangas great but spends half the season injured. Morrison is our most reliable center back, rated highly by warnock and who cost us if I Remeber correctly around 3m and he's still only about 26.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:07 am

Don't understand the hate for Morrison and subsequent love in for Manga. Morrison makes mistakes, but with the amount of minutes he's on the pitch (most of any City player this season) that's to be expected. If he didn't make mistakes he'd be playing for a far better team than us. Plus, let's not forget the threat he offers from set pieces - surely one of the best defenders in the league in this respect?

It's also been mentioned that Warnock has nothing but respect for Morrison, and I'd be more inclined to listen to his manager, who works with him week in week out, than fans who watch him for 90 minutes a week and then draw biased conclusions because there's always got to be one player at City who's under fire. I can't help but draw comparisons to Hudson. I remember in his first few seasons here he was constantly slated on both message boards - turns out he was one of the best defenders we've had, and also one of the best leaders and captains.

Manga flatters to deceive IMO. He didn't play much last season, but he made some stupid mistakes that, to me, showed that he switches off too easy.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 am

norms76 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sky Sports Reporter Kaveh Solhekol has just tweeted it Chris. :thumbright:

Norms, apologies but was out all evening...and apologies to the OP too! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

If true, that's incredible and on the scale of Joe Mason's transfer in my eyes! :o

As I said above, I like Morrison overall and it seems clear Neil Warnock rates him highly as he has stated previously. He was (I was told) the subject of his "fans seem to dislike him" comment to the media recently ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:33 am

Backward step in my view

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:09 am

bluebird58 wrote:Our last 4 managers have all seen Morrison as key to the success of the team and made him club captain. Unless we secure Bruno for the season, then I don't think he's going anywhere. This could even be a ploy by his agent to get an improved/extended contract for his man.

Good point regarding our managers.

Posters raving about Ben Turner but he took a tremendous amount of stick on here because he constantly gave the ball away or hoofed it up the pitch to no one.
I've always rated Morrison as a top championship defender and obviously so does Warnock. He has his bad points but what defender at this level doesn't? His good points far out way his bad. I'd hate to see him go and believe we need to keep him and our better players if we're to make a go for the play offs next season.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:08 am

I've slated Morrison previously like most but at the end of the day he plays most of the time and a few mistakes will be made after 46 odd games.
Manga is more of a liability for me.

Morrison won't go for less than 5Mill.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:15 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I've slated Morrison previously like most but at the end of the day he plays most of the time and a few mistakes will be made after 46 odd games.
Manga is more of a liability for me.

Morrison won't go for less than 5Mill.

Well said mate, I've slated him too but end of the day he's a solid and consistent rock for us.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:16 am

dalefo wrote:I rate Morrison fairplay he's a cracking player I wouldn't sell him either

100% agree

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:18 am

nick_strin wrote:I think he gets way too much stick in my opinion. Scores some really important goals last season too.

Scapegoat Morrison. He's a very good defender and a huge threat from set pieces 100% should not sell him

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:36 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
nick_strin wrote:I think he gets way too much stick in my opinion. Scores some really important goals last season too.

Scapegoat Morrison. He's a very good defender and a huge threat from set pieces 100% should not sell him

Agree.
I'd rather go from people like Warnock than some clown from Tonteg who'll say he was at fault for our second goal against Rotherham last February and constantly slates him.
Like you say, often used as a scapegoat.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 am

If there is anything near a £3m offer for Morrison then we should take it ASAP.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 am

Way I see it is.
1,Club holding out for more money. 2,Warnock rates him. 3, Its bullshit.
But even if we keep Bruno we still lose him for ACN also if we are turning down that kind of money for Morrison does it mean Warnock thinks he can't get a better player or has Mr Tan upped the war chest?