Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Saudi Arabia refuse to line up for minute silence

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Australia played Saudi Arabia today. A minute silence was planned for Australians killed in the London attacks, Saudi Arabia refused to line up and got into their match positions and continued their preparations until the silence had concluded.

Saudi Arabia is the head of the snake in many peoples eyes with their dominant hard line Wahabbism and disregard for human life. The fact we are still doing deals with them is a spit in the face of the British public.

Re: Saudi Arabia refuse to line up for minute silence

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Yet the Tories still sell them guns and bombs.

And let them open Wahhabis schools in uk.

All true.

Tory = traitor

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:10 pm

eddiep wrote:Yet the Tories still sell them guns and bombs.

And let them open Wahhabis schools in uk.

All true.

Tory = traitor

Are you suggesting there is a political party that wouldn't sanction selling arms to Saudi?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Evan Trump does deals with the Saudis. Its horrific really.

We sell them weapons, who then arm ISIS and kill us. Yet the western politicians are all claiming they want to stop ISIS and terror.

This is why I probably never will vote while the political arena is so flawed and backward.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:33 pm

SnackaJack wrote:Evan Trump does deals with the Saudis. Its horrific really.

We sell them weapons, who then arm ISIS and kill us. Yet the western politicians are all claiming they want to stop ISIS and terror.

This is why I probably never will vote while the political arena is so flawed and backward.

What weapons do we sell the Saudi for ISIS to use?

I doubt there is an ISIS guy out there who could fly a fighter jet like the Euro fighter.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I doubt there is an ISIS guy out there who could fly a fighter jet like the Euro fighter.

These deals sell all sorts of weapons to Saudi Arabia not just planes. Trump is about to sign a $1.1bn arms deal with them and the UK has sold more in weapons to Saudi Arabia than it has given in aid to Yemen.

It is no secret that the Saudis support the hard line Wahabbism of ISIS, we know that Saudi Arabia give money to British Mosques in order to recruit and radicalise new imam's through scholarship schemes to Jeddah and Medina and we know that ISIS' main backers in arms and funding is Saudi Arabia. By continuing to deal with them we are indirectly, but knowingly, providing the oxygen for terrorism to continue burning our own people.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:45 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

These deals sell all sorts of weapons to Saudi Arabia not just planes. Trump is about to sign a $1.1bn arms deal with them and the UK has sold more in weapons to Saudi Arabia than it has tiven in aid to Yemen.

It is no secret that the Saudis support the hard line Wahabbism of ISIS, we know that Saudi Arabia give money to British Mosques in order to recruit and radicalise new imam's through scholarship schemes to Jeddah and Medina and we know that ISIS' main backers in arms and funding is Saudi Arabia. By continuing to deal with them we are indirectly, but knowingly, providing the oxygen for terrorism to continue burning our own people.

All sorts of weapons? You mean high tech weapons that can only be used by skilled individuals. If ISIS got hold of them we would soon know if they could use them.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Make that $110bn :shock:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
All sorts of weapons? You mean high tech weapons that can only be used by skilled individuals. If ISIS got hold of them we would soon know if they could use them.

No, I mean what I said, all sorts of weapons. Where do you presume ISIS gets its tanks from for example?

USA has been selling the Saudi's tanks for over a decade.

(Saudi Arabia and Qatar is the answer by the way)

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:00 pm

They are a cancer who should be vilified and excluded from World Trade.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Jock wrote:They are a cancer who should be vilified and excluded from World Trade.

with respect, we have a need to trade with them, they have the second proven largest reserve of oil after Venezuela. 1/5 of the proven oil reserves globally is located there.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:59 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Jock wrote:They are a cancer who should be vilified and excluded from World Trade.

with respect, we have a need to trade with them, they have the second proven largest reserve of oil after Venezuela. 1/5 of the proven oil reserves globally is located there.

There is a surplus on the market and without oil revenue they have fekk all. Wahhabism started there and they use oil revenue to spread their poison to the rest of the world. BTW they have taken no refugees from neighbouring Muslim countries .

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Jock wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

There is a surplus on the market and without oil revenue they have fekk all. Wahhabism started there and they use oil revenue to spread their poison to the rest of the world. BTW they have taken no refugees from neighbouring Muslim countries .

How can you say that? The UN member states recently voted Saudi Arabia onto a women's rights council, which members are dedicated to women’s equality and female empowerment. They can't be as bad as you say surely :roll: :lol: lol

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:17 pm

They've taken tanks from bases they've over thrown, I don't think a Saudi buys them a 3million pound tank and hands over the keys, we certainly don't sell them SA80s. Military vehicles etc deffo are sold to the Saudis
Plus all the old stock we've left along with the USA In Afghanistan and Iraq thats probably been sold on

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Saudi trades Arms and cash for the ISIS OIL, ISIS are a well funded, well armed group, which has received training and funds from the Saudi's. Which is no surprise Saudi supports ISIS when it can attack countries like Iran, who I believe are "Shi'ites"? and the Saudi's and ISIS are both Shia.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:49 pm

bluebird04 wrote:Saudi trades Arms and cash for the ISIS OIL, ISIS are a well funded, well armed group, which has received training and funds from the Saudi's. Which is no surprise Saudi supports ISIS when it can attack countries like Iran, who I believe are "Shi'ites"? and the Saudi's and ISIS are both Shia.

nope

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:28 am

Read article and saw the pictures! They told Aussies they will take up their pitch positions before the start, so Aussies new what was happening also the saudies did not move from their positions, Not what we are used to but what can you expect from such a country? And they have appologised saying didn't intend to be dissrespecful.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Not yet at least :!:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:11 pm

I can't think of a bigger insult

This is the mentality we are all up against

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:52 pm

essexbees wrote:I can't think of a bigger insult

This is the mentality we are all up against

What he said.

Unreal.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 am

Very disrespectful.

I see the footballing authorities are taking no action.

They're waiting for a much more serious offence like wearing a poppy on your shirt before they come down hard on the offenders.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:38 pm

davids wrote:Very disrespectful.

I see the footballing authorities are taking no action.

They're waiting for a much more serious offence like wearing a poppy on your shirt before they come down hard on the offenders.

An excellent point. So surely the football powers will come down hard on the Saudis just as British teams were made an example for wearing poppies as a mark of respect.

There were some vile reader comments about this on sites such as Thefourthofficial trying to justify it. As disgusting are the cowards in the rag head away end who shouted through the silence.

I also note that Qatar still hasn't had the WC taken from them despite being acknowledged as supporting IS, as do the Saudi's. I'm not comfortable with Qatar Airlines being at Cardiff Airport for this very reason.